BORDEAUX 7S JULY 18th 2015

When I hear OG, 1st thing that come to mind is OCEAN GROWN

Inhale.......
embarassed.gif

Cough cough cough cough gasp gasp cough cough gasp

Yea it was kind of a rhetorical statement. A lot of people say "well the og had this issue" but shouldn't that issue be better now? I do agree that production has become more consistent tho.
I mean, I would hope they could make a better shoe after 20 years while still accurately representing the original shoe. But I swear some people are so quick to Jump to JB's defense. If the heel strap was prone to tearing on the OG's and this year people were complaining about the heel strap tearing I'm sure we would still have people in here saying "the og had that issue".

Last edited:
Yeah I don't trust those who always have to bring up the OG comparisons. You ALMOST NEVER hear a bad word about the OGs. You would think they were made by the pope or something. "Thou shalt not disgrace thy OG"

I wasn't around for the OGs, but I'm intuitive enough to know that nothing's perfect and time tends to fade our memory a little bit.

Yeah I don't trust those who always have to bring up the OG comparisons. You ALMOST NEVER hear a bad word about the OGs. You would think they were made by the pope or something. "Thou shalt not disgrace thy OG"

I wasn't around for the OGs, but I'm intuitive enough to know that nothing's perfect and time tends to fade our memory a little bit.
This was my point. I want the shoe as close to the original version as possible. Perhaps the toe box issue is more of a design flaw based on the materials and the manufacturing process

This was my point. I want the shoe as close to the original version as possible. Perhaps the toe box issue is more of a design flaw based on the materials and the manufacturing process

Would be an issue on all 7s then.

Would be an issue on all 7s then.
How sure are you that it's not? NT is a pretty small sample size compared to all the pairs produced. I'm just saying what I seemed to notice. Also a lot of you guys act like the toe bump or not perfectly rounded toe affects the actual quality or longevity of the shoe on which it has no effect. It's not like a perfectly rounded toe lasts months longer than one that's not perfect.

Last edited:

never had toe bumps on any of my 7s. leather, nubuck, or durabuck. ive never seen that bump on any pair but these 2015 7s.

I was able to pick out my pair, maybe that's why I like mine more than others but I love em, just need charcoals for the og line up

All of these OG's seem to have differences in the toe box to me tho not sure if worn and to what degree. Top right pair is 2011

Last edited:

All of these OG's seem to have differences in the toe box to me tho not sure if worn and to what degree. Top right pair is 2011
like i said in my earlier post. my issue is with the shoe as a whole. colors dont mean much to me if the shoe as a whole isnt better than the previous release.

Again i never said all OG's. And it may very well be just due to wear and age. I was just curious at work and seemed to notice differences in overall toe box shape. But whatever, I'm not sure JB could ever please every jordan head, they're just too nitpicky and the manufacturing process isn't perfect and won't be until human hands aren't involved.

Again i never said all OG's. And it may very well be just due to wear and age. I was just curious at work and seemed to notice differences in overall toe box shape. But whatever, I'm not sure JB could ever please every jordan head, they're just too nitpicky and the manufacturing process isn't perfect and won't be until human hands aren't involved.
Have you ever owned or handled the 2002 raptors? or the citrus 7s or chambray 7s? or any other similar 7? if you have ever gotten to see any of those in person youll get what i mean by better. thin materials, glue everywhere. theyre just not a better shoe. JB wasn't trying to please us with this release. no one here is looking for perfection. I just know JB can do better and has done better with similar shoes.

Outside of the really bad pairs I've seen posted my biggest beef with them is the new toe box bump that has never been on a previous 7 out of the box.

I'm not even a quality nut like some of these dudes but for $200 the shoe has to look aesthetically pleasing. There have been multiple 7s dropped this year without the issue so I can't for the life of me understand the people making excuses for JB messing these up.

I will add that I've seen some pairs without the issue but the grand majority were just made like that.

Last edited:

Have you ever owned or handled the 2002 raptors? or the citrus 7s or chambray 7s? or any other similar 7? if you have ever gotten to see any of those in person youll get what i mean by better. thin materials, glue everywhere. theyre just not a better shoe. JB wasn't trying to please us with this release. no one here is looking for perfection. I just know JB can do better and has done better with similar shoes.
No I don't have experience with those models. I do with the 2012 raptors, 2012 olympic,  2015 French Blues, 2015 Hares and Bordeaux and the crappiest vii of them all the orions lmao. I get what you're saying but I think the hares were much better quality than the other vii's i've had and I think the bordeaux were pretty good as well. TBH there was a guy in the thread literally saying he expected perfection tho I know that's not everyone's MO. 

No I don't have experience with those models. I do with the 2012 raptors, 2012 olympic,  2015 French Blues, 2015 Hares and Bordeaux and the crappiest vii of them all the orions lmao. I get what you're saying but I think the hares were much better quality than the other vii's i've had and I think the bordeaux were pretty good as well. TBH there was a guy in the thread literally saying he expected perfection tho I know that's not everyone's MO. 
I laugh whenever the majority says the Orion's suck. Other than being bad material it's a good shoe I love the color. Too bad they didn't learn cuz these recent Bordeaux suck everything about them is flimsy. I like the heavy feeling on the js but that's not the case with these I should've just liked some money and got some 2011s

Back
Top Bottom