Bots... Can They Ever Be Stopped?

I may be on the optimistic side here but I think there will be a solution in the next 5-10 years. There are tons of startups working on the bot-mitigation problem and think Shopify's "sneakertrees.org" project today is an indication that marketplaces/website creators are also actively trying to thwart bots.

The solution is simple. STOP BUYING SHOES FOR RESELL. Dead *** you don’t NEED any of these shoes. If people would stop buying **** second for a year, balance would return to the universe.

yup but the hypebeast just got to have it so i dont blame the resellers i blame the fools who dont have enough will power to keep it

retail or bust

never paid resell never will

Resellers are sitting on supreme jackets from 6 years ago. It would hurt they pockets and sure the beginners would stop, but the people deep in the game are holding inventory. The entire sneaker community would have to stop buying resale for like 4+ years

The super limited stuff doesn’t even appeal to me. I have no desire to look like the instagram and YouTube influencer starter kit and wear Off White or Travis Scott sneakers. Dudes all look like clones of each other.

I'm more curious to how far it would evolve in years to come. As others already mentioned, other companies don't care who they sell to, so I don't think much effort would go into preventing them. No matter what anti bot procedures they implement, some person will just counter it with something new.

It's still good to see some smaller businesses attempts in preventing this and find unique ways to sell products to their customers, especially those loyal ones.

Back
Top Bottom