Bout to quit a job after shift # 1...

Anyone ever do this? I have a lot of restaurant experience...I just moved a few towns away with some friends and got a job in the area.
Worst shift i've ever worked, place was a disorganized dump. Probably not going back tomorrow lol.

Anyone ever do this or does my stupidity prevail once again?

You at giving details.. which restaurant do you work at?

Is the pay worth it?

Is your job close to your home?

I've done it x 4, no joke.

Don't feel bad. Just tell them it's not a good fit for you and thank them for the opportunity. You are not obligated to stay at a job where you are unhappy. If you're in desperate need of a job/money I'd try to stick it out see if things change.

you will always have bad days in any job, stick it through, jobs are not really lined up waiting for you to jump in them....might find yourself frequenting the "we not working" thread.

ive done it once, it was in telemarketing. worst job ever. shift was from 4-9, wanted to leave on my break but i ended up staying. i had another job lined up so it was all good.

I'd say stay with the job till you find something else just so you have that paper coming in. If place is od terrible, though, maybe just say something to the dude in charge.

I've done it once.  It was at a shoe store and I worked back stock.  At the end of my first shift,  I told the manager I didn't want the job.  He asked me "What do you mean?  You already have the job."  I just told him that I won't be coming back.

If it's really that bad, I say don't go back but maybe you should work a couple more shifts and do it your way and see if it gets any better.

I did it once, but I was younge and the job market was much more accessible

Working graveyard at Safeway
laugh.gif

i did it once. %%!$ was boring as hell. it was little yogurt booth in the mall cleaning the yogurt machines, dicing fruits, cleaning utensils, etc from 9 to 5 on the weekends BY MYSELF. it was sooo boring and with minimum wage its no bueno. now i got a real job in wholesale business making g a week
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

edit: oh and boss %%***#% a lot. i mean A LOT. when i was working by myself, he would look through his cameras and would %!+*% at me through the phone smh. and when i did try to quit this duke told me i have to stay for at least 2 weeks lol. i was like deuces 

i'm with most of y'all...there are no dambs accounted for in my heart right now.
it's a cook job, it is not close to home right now, and the shifts are short. it's a very busy place so it's short and you have to go ape #*#% for 4-5 hours. 

The dude that is "training" me has only been there two weeks and barely knows what he is doing.

already got some things in motion, might just go back to my old job, or work with my friends mom. Definitely not going back to that place in the morning though.

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

laugh.gif

mad.gif
THE GRAVE YARD SHIFT AT SAFEWAY.

First job when I moved to So-Cal was at Office Depot. Worked at 6am, and they had me re-stocking pens. Went home for lunch, never went back to work. lol Not one single damB was given that day.

In the restaurant business, if it's not ran right it's not worth the headache. Get out of there, because in the restaurant business you get stuck in the restaurant business before you know it.

I stuck around a restaurant for 3 or 4 months thinking things would tighten up, or I could make a difference. Nope. They were all living in their fantasy world. Waste of time. That was time I could have spent bettering my life.

Swallow your "pride" and get your grind on. People out here can't find jobs and you are about to just give one up?

Don't do it bro . I'm feeling the same way you are right now also though just gotta stick through it unless you have something better lined up

Originally Posted by 2o6

laugh.gif

mad.gif

Yall were slipping at 18yo that 6pm - 12pm shift was BUTTER

I’ve never done it; however, I’ve had jobs that I truly hated.  I’ve worked in retail and as a customer service rep for Florida Medicaid during my college days.  They were the worst jobs ever but I stuck it out.  I’d suggest that you do the same.  You should at least  have something lined up before you move on from there.

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Originally Posted by 2o6

laugh.gif

mad.gif

Yall were slipping at 18yo that 6pm - 12pm shift was BUTTER
My friend had a 10pm-6am shift 
pimp.gif

We would smoke and drink everynight in the parking lot, with free hot dogs etc. They also had this candy buffet where you could buy candy by the pound. Teenage years were 
pimp.gif

American's at their finest and people get mad when illegals take jobs because they are just happy to work and do it extremely well 

Back
Top Bottom