box fresh inserts vs forcefields (comparison)

I ordered 2 pairs of box fresh inserts, the protector and the universal, and when i opened the package i said "damn these look big."

I wear a size 10-10.5

I compared them to my force fields and they were considerably larger.

The inserts do not specify the size but on the bag they came in, it said size 9.5-12 in permanent marker

So my question is, to those who have seen both, did they ship me the wrong size (maybe 12.5-14)? Or is this normal?

50d16d4c11390da4e92f234a7feaf894da9259d1.jpg

38f16647183504a4ea5271839b7723e03912facf.jpg

I own and have used both of them. I don't think they shipped you the wrong ones as my box fresh inserts are also larger then the force fields. The boxfresh inserts encompass your foot and the entire toebox of the shoe which means it has to be larger. Meanwhile the force field, in my experience, really justrests on top of your foot to fill in the gap between the top of your foot and the shoe itself. Allowing it to be smaller.

Hope that helps, best thing to do though is just put em on and see how they fit. Depending on the shoe I have to use one or the other because the box freshinsert takes up more room so a narrow shoe can get pretty tight.

so with box fresh inserts, do they not use a glue? instead of actually gluing something in there i would way rather have something that just fits in there likeshoe trees and would be universally swapped out between pairs each day i want to wear something. info would be great

Yeah, the box fresh inserts just slip in and out of whatever shoes you want to wear. While I still recomend inserts to stop toe box creasing. Just remember allthe stress that would typically be exerted on the toe box from walking has to go some where. If I get a chance I'll try and put pictures up. One of theissues I have with the box fresh inserts is on certain Jordans, like the 8s and the Spizikes is that while it stops the majority of the creasing in the toebox,there tends to be this "dent" that appears in the front corner of the toe box. Compared to creasing the entire shoe that's not too bad. Justremember it can't stop all creasing.

Originally Posted by andfattoo

I heard forcefields can be painful, is this the case with these?

yea when i wear my shoe with forcefields for a long time its starts to get uncomfortable it slows down the blood circulation
so i have to take it off once in a while..

Originally Posted by 10Sakuragi

yea when i wear my shoe with forcefields for a long time its starts to get uncomfortable it slows down the blood circulation
so i have to take it off once in a while..
How classic... you get to hurt yourself for the sake of a stupid issue like shoe creasing. Enjoy!

i wear mine all the time on every pair of shoes and they never hurt . iv used the box freash as well and thoes hurt like a mother !!! theres two diffrent kinda softer one , and a super hard one . the hard ones are unbearable . i keep my kicks freash with my forcefields all day , they usualy only last two 2 threemonths before you have to replace .

i wear force fields in all my air force ones, they arent the most comfortable thing in your shoe but they definately do help the creasing.

for me, i used both~
i think both of them r only can help, but not 100% prevent the creasing problem~

box fresh really does hurt like a mofo... i gave it up after my third week, cuz it hurt just too much... kill my feet~ i rather my shoes get creases~ lol
force fields r helping less crease, but crease r defintely will occur... i think it is pretty normal~ or maybe just cuz my true sz is 9.5, but i wear sz10 allthe time~
but if 9.5 i put in force feild, i felt my feet cant breath n too tight... feel so weird, longer time, it even get me uncomfortable~ n i never put my box freshin there~

OP, i had the same exact question when i receive my box fresh, i email them~ lol they said u have to customize it for yr own good (i felt like a idiot afterreceiving the answre email).
but i think creasing problemcan be prevent by this way, u have to buy true to sz, dont leave a lil bit room in yr feet~ n put force field in there if u dontthink box fresh hurts u (n of cuz box fresh work better cuz they r much harder plastic). when u walk cuz the shoes r not extra long, the shoes wont have tobent as much as the shoes fit bigger on u.
so the sz fitting is the main reason! IMO

and personally i think wear the shoes except the shoes looked good, it has to be feeling good, if the shoes doesnt feel good no matter how it looked nice... itis not for me... hurt myself for looking good?! no thx... so i always go half sz up for my comfort and also can put in the force field which can help a lil biton creasing~

i ONLY put forcefields in shoes of they r a half size up cuz i tried with shoes that fit just right
smh.gif
no make me feet feel goods

The wearable shoe tree is very identical with the box fresh inserts. The protector is really a foot killer... I wonder how the universal inserts feel.. anyone?

^ the universal is a lot more flexible than the protector so it's less painful. i cut the box fresh inserts to make it fit into majority of my shoes and itfeels more comfortable that way.

Originally Posted by l2icel3oi9i6

^ the universal is a lot more flexible than the protector so it's less painful. i cut the box fresh inserts to make it fit into majority of my shoes and it feels more comfortable that way.

Originally Posted by lilMITE87

i ONLY put forcefields in shoes of they r a half size up cuz i tried with shoes that fit just right
smh.gif
no make me feet feel goods
yea same here because the f.f takes up all the empty space in ur shoes making it hella tight.

i've had the force fields on shoes that were my actual size (9.5), itz a lil uncomfortable kinda hurts the toes but if you keep it in it does help for abit

they seemed to wear out pretty fast on me tho but thatz cuz i rocked that one pair of shoes pretty often i mean

i guess a suggestion for creasin is to wear the shoe without any inserts or anythin then after ur done wearin the shoez, put some sort of hard insert like thecardboard ones that comes with a lotta sneakers, stuff socks in there as well

but for the most part, sneakers crease no matter how safe you tryna be, you can try the "duck walk" but if you really wanna preserve a shoe i guessdont wear em so often

Forcefields hurt IMO, but it was only in my Jordan 1's and dunks that were in my size. After wearing them for awhile them begin to cut into my toe. I am going to try the decreaser that I've heard about.....#*% looks legit n heard it works wonders! 

I don't have an issue with forcefields in terms of comfort but as far as effectiveness and the value of it...it just sucks. They crap out on you in lessthan 5 wears and for 9 dollars or however much they cost its just not worth it. I've never tried the universal inserts. I think i might just buy a pair now
tongue.gif

Back
Top Bottom