Brace for $5 gas, Shell exec warns U.S.

Originally Posted by doin90onthefreeway

Originally Posted by Adidas Freak

ninjahood wrote:
its DEFINITELY his fault...he has a 8 year moratorium on drilling on da mexican gulf...and oil is banned from being drilled off da rich oil deposits off da coast of California...

just cuz accidents happen don't mean you STOP drilling....its like if we STOP da plane industry because of 1 crash....if we leave our oil needs to foreigners then we're gonna

have no choice but to pay out da ear for oil.....

and don't gimme that "green energy" garbage....INTERNATIONAL demand is up with India and China QUICKLY industrializing themselves and purchasing more automobiles

and getting richer.

You're definitely not the sharpest knife in the drawer

QFT

so prove that im wrong then champ
grin.gif
laugh.gif

bottomline is da more we rely on foreign oil and less on domestic production da more we're at da mercy of OPEC...especially when demand is soaring overseas, and da left wants

to put policies that would further make gas expensive by taxing it (trying to incentivize as well as subsidize da green agenda) as well as hampering exploratory drilling....

Originally Posted by doin90onthefreeway

Originally Posted by Adidas Freak

ninjahood wrote:
its DEFINITELY his fault...he has a 8 year moratorium on drilling on da mexican gulf...and oil is banned from being drilled off da rich oil deposits off da coast of California...

just cuz accidents happen don't mean you STOP drilling....its like if we STOP da plane industry because of 1 crash....if we leave our oil needs to foreigners then we're gonna

and don't gimme that "green energy" garbage....INTERNATIONAL demand is up with India and China QUICKLY industrializing themselves and purchasing more automobiles

and getting richer.

You're definitely not the sharpest knife in the drawer

QFT

so prove that im wrong then champ
grin.gif
laugh.gif

bottomline is da more we rely on foreign oil and less on domestic production da more we're at da mercy of OPEC...especially when demand is soaring overseas, and da left wants

to put policies that would further make gas expensive by taxing it (trying to incentivize as well as subsidize da green agenda) as well as hampering exploratory drilling....

Originally Posted by Method Man

its DEFINITELY his fault...he has a 8 year moratorium on drilling on da mexican gulf...and oil is banned from being drilled off da rich oil deposits off da coast of California... just cuz accidents happen don't mean you STOP drilling....its like if we STOP da plane industry because of 1 crash....if we leave our oil needs to foreigners then we're gonnahave no choice but to pay out da ear for oil.....and don't gimme that "green energy" garbage....INTERNATIONAL demand is up with India and China QUICKLY industrializing themselves and purchasing more automobilesand getting richer.
Read this please:  http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/the-great-american-bubble-machine-20100405
nerd.gif
*grabs morning breakfast and begins to go in*

Originally Posted by Method Man

its DEFINITELY his fault...he has a 8 year moratorium on drilling on da mexican gulf...and oil is banned from being drilled off da rich oil deposits off da coast of California... just cuz accidents happen don't mean you STOP drilling....its like if we STOP da plane industry because of 1 crash....if we leave our oil needs to foreigners then we're gonnahave no choice but to pay out da ear for oil.....and don't gimme that "green energy" garbage....INTERNATIONAL demand is up with India and China QUICKLY industrializing themselves and purchasing more automobilesand getting richer.
Read this please:  http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/the-great-american-bubble-machine-20100405
nerd.gif
*grabs morning breakfast and begins to go in*

Originally Posted by Al Audi

hmmm........ill def get a motorcycle if that goes down
good idea, but i know alot of folks that wiped out and got a first class ticket to da pearly gates on em.....
ohwell.gif

good idea, but i know alot of folks that wiped out and got a first class ticket to da pearly gates on em.....
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by ninjahood

ohwell.gif

I love bikes but I couldn't do it....they let anyone drive nowadays
30t6p3b.gif
.....but back to gas, I gotta get a Chevy Volt

Originally Posted by GetThisMoney

Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman

blame obama for being anti oil.....he refuses to let exploratory digging....and we're not pumpin out gas da way we was pumping it out in da 70's...which was 10 million barrels

of oil a day....we're at 7 million and shrinking...
30t6p3b.gif
Yeah.. thats it. 
eyes.gif

and getting richer.

False, gas prices are due to rise because of inflation. Compared to most world powers, our gas is cheap and prices are reaching equilibrium. If you factor in inflation, gas prices are currently cheaper than 1970 prices. So stop blaming Obamas refusal to drill, alternative energy needs to gain momentum. Dependency on all oil not just foreign needs to decrease.
if its cheaper then 1970 prices we need to keep that ball rolling and create more sources of hydrocarbon extraction....sure im a proponent of investing in future

alternative energy, but not off da backs of taxing to death gas and CO2 emissions...thats a croc of !#$$ as far as im concerned.

Originally Posted by GetThisMoney

Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman

blame obama for being anti oil.....he refuses to let exploratory digging....and we're not pumpin out gas da way we was pumping it out in da 70's...which was 10 million barrels

of oil a day....we're at 7 million and shrinking...
30t6p3b.gif
Yeah.. thats it. 
eyes.gif

and getting richer.

False, gas prices are due to rise because of inflation. Compared to most world powers, our gas is cheap and prices are reaching equilibrium. If you factor in inflation, gas prices are currently cheaper than 1970 prices. So stop blaming Obamas refusal to drill, alternative energy needs to gain momentum. Dependency on all oil not just foreign needs to decrease.
if its cheaper then 1970 prices we need to keep that ball rolling and create more sources of hydrocarbon extraction....sure im a proponent of investing in future

alternative energy, but not off da backs of taxing to death gas and CO2 emissions...thats a croc of !#$$ as far as im concerned.

ohwell.gif

30t6p3b.gif

These events are just the government's way to push us towards alternative energy sources.
This ensures that the demand will be high when they become available.
30t6p3b.gif
The government's plan is already working. 
pimp.gif

These events are just the government's way to push us towards alternative energy sources.
This ensures that the demand will be high when they become available.
30t6p3b.gif
The government's plan is already working. 
pimp.gif

What do you mean by the public sector spent $13 trillion?  That's the total national debt of the country.

Meanwhile, companies like AIG operated recklessly, if not lawlessly, in creating this time bomb and ultimately lacked the liquidity to cover their own bets.  For $13 trillion, we could've paid off not only every sub-prime mortgage - but every mortgage period in the entire country.  The opportunity existed to create a new Homestead Act that could've eventually paid for itself via shared-equity mortgages

We are in accord on this, since the public sector essentially did about spend that much, they should have directed the funds towards home owners instead of at those who held the mortgages.

Edit:  I found this online.  There is a huge difference between spent, lent, and committed and the terms really should not be co mingled.  Especially since Fed open market transactions have always been going on so why try to include these numbers now. 

The U.S. government and the FederalReserve have spent, lent or committed $12.8 trillion, an amountthat approaches the value of everything produced in the countrylast year, to stem the longest recession since the 1930s.

http://www.bloomberg.com/...ive&sid=armOzfkwtCA4

What do you mean by the public sector spent $13 trillion?  That's the total national debt of the country.

Meanwhile, companies like AIG operated recklessly, if not lawlessly, in creating this time bomb and ultimately lacked the liquidity to cover their own bets.  For $13 trillion, we could've paid off not only every sub-prime mortgage - but every mortgage period in the entire country.  The opportunity existed to create a new Homestead Act that could've eventually paid for itself via shared-equity mortgages

We are in accord on this, since the public sector essentially did about spend that much, they should have directed the funds towards home owners instead of at those who held the mortgages.

Edit:  I found this online.  There is a huge difference between spent, lent, and committed and the terms really should not be co mingled.  Especially since Fed open market transactions have always been going on so why try to include these numbers now. 

The U.S. government and the FederalReserve have spent, lent or committed $12.8 trillion, an amountthat approaches the value of everything produced in the countrylast year, to stem the longest recession since the 1930s.

http://www.bloomberg.com/...ive&sid=armOzfkwtCA4

ohwell.gif
son...........i do too....

bike in nyc is wild though.....

ohwell.gif

smh its 3.50 were im at now, im in ny it took me 60 to fill up when it usually takes 40

smh its 3.50 were im at now, im in ny it took me 60 to fill up when it usually takes 40

ohwell.gif

Get a Ford and you'll be fine.

Back
Top Bottom