Brand Jordan=Politician-esque???

Originally Posted by HOVKid

Don't listen to the haters RetroSniper.

When I got my Stealth XX3's the first thing I did is take some cash out of the bank, make a stack of cash, pull out my 9mm and take a pic.

Hahahahaha

But seriously guys, let's stay on the subject. As someone stated in the thread there's lack of authority within the brand. Gentry and/or otherpromised many things, that were not fulfilled (eg. No retro II due to old molds being destroyed, etc.). There was suppose to be no retros besides the packs,then at Gentry's presentation in Australia (for Kickz101) mentions quick strike releases outside of the packs.

I wouldn't be worried about the future of the brand itself, but rather about the "REAL" (I use that term loosely) collectors/fans. We (or you)live (or want to live) the past, the legacy, while it's time to move on. The brand (as of Nike and JB) are on the steady rise, shareholders are happy,customers are as well. The sneaker community is just the fraction of JB's income, let's not forget that. The majority of people buying Jordans, are thepeople who'd buy the fresh kicks (cause they're expensive and they're Jordans) over more important things in life (very often necessities).We're on the other hand demand (or more likely dream) of having elitist product meeting our standards (quality, true to OG wise). As long as JB ismainstream brand our dreams will be just the dreams. The brand simply does not rely on us, so they don't have to listen to our needs. Sure they'llthrow release all of us will love here and there, but that makes us even more hungry. On the other hand every on of us expects something else and it'ssimply impossible to make everyone happy.

I simply believe, that we shouldn't complain about JB, just simply don't buy what we don't like. I mean what's the point of owning everyrelease? Let's face it majority of SUCKS big time. Be more picky, more demanding and conscious about your purchases. You have to realize that US Dollar isat all time low and there might be more important things in life, than ugly shoes.
I for one love sneakers, have some pairs (for many didn't have to pay), but I don't want sneakers to define my life (unfortunately sometimes itseems like it actually does). JB is business and they don't care about you or me, they care about that river of green flowing into their accounts.Don't live in a bubble, that was the case in the past and it will be in the future. No body expected retro trend that long, even the biggest heads at Nike,but they're smart enough (BTW they're really smart regardless of what you think) to realize it'll eventually end. Therefore they use 2008 as aplatform to push as many desired shoes from the past, fusions, hybrids, for the last time. The big bang theory and at the same time they want to release newstaples, future classics: XX3, Zoom BB II, Hyperdunk and all of the Olympic stuff. They want you to be overwhelmed with past and be sick and tired of it to thepoint you will WANT something new. I'm sure they have tons of new creative stuff, but what's the point of showing it, while they can make money withoutinvesting any money by using models from the past. It's an analogy to automotive industry (company A has developed new engine, but waits few years toactually implement in new cars, since the old ones are still selling).

Hope didn't bore you to death.

Paix
c.

A lot of folk on Niketalk blame Gentry for a lot. But the fact of the matter is, he doesn't have final say on everything that goes out the door.

OH PLEASE WILL U WEIRDOS STOP IT ALREADY CRY ME A FLIPPIN RIVER

SO WAT HE GOT A GUN ON HIS AVY WHO CARES. SERIOUSLY IF U CARE ABOUT THAT GET A LIFE. AS IF THERE ISNT ENOUGH PROBLEMS IN DA WORLD

AYO "nickfairclough" GET A LIFE WHY WASTE UR TIME ON DIS SERIOUSLY U HAVE TO MUCH TIME IN UR HANDS. I FEEL SORRY FOR YOU

AYO RETROSNIPER I DONT KNO WHY U EVEN TOOK THE TIME TO RESPOND TO THE WEIRDOS WHO HAD A COMMENT ITS NOT WORTH IT SERIOUSLY. U SOUND LIKE U HAVE SOMETHIN TOPROVE OR SOMETHIN. IF THEY HATE ITS SIMPLE F^

AND TO STAY ON TOPIC GENTRY DOES SOUND A LIL POLITCAL. BUT HE ALSO MADE THAT COMPANY ALOT OF MONEY SO HE AINT GOING NOWHERE

Originally Posted by killakid032

AYO "nickfairclough" GET A LIFE WHY WASTE UR TIME ON DIS SERIOUSLY U HAVE TO MUCH TIME IN UR HANDS. I FEEL SORRY FOR YOU

Oh man, you have absolutely no idea how true that is.

-NF

I didn't specifically blame anything on anyone, I just wanted to know what others thought about the people at Jordan telling us one thing knowing full wellthat they weren't being honest and were intentionally witholding info in lieu of "quiccstrikes" and other gimmiccs...

Originally Posted by stizzle79

roll.gif

Originally Posted by HOVKid

Originally Posted by RetroSniper

I like guns, I like money, I like Jordans. That's pretty much where it ends.
smokin.gif

In all seriousness though, I've been through 4 years of college, 3 years of law school and my job is to draft contracts. No joke, I give RetroSniper serious credit. The man is a more eloquent writer than I am.

Look, if the dude likes to put a gun is his avatar, its his business. Would I do it? No. If the dude was some ******ed gangster-type talking trash about everyone on here that's one thing, but the guy has come on here, was open about his past, defended himself properly and does not in any way seem to be the type that would ever do something horrible to someone (at least not anymore). Respect where he came from and the education he was able to give himself.

Honestly, I'm considering using RetroSniper's avy if he'll let me. The man deserves some respect folks.

Yeah but he forgot about pu55y and trees...
pimp.gif

i'm so ecstatic on that QS VI coming out, a clever and cunning marketing strategy from JB.
....correction...i will be ecstatic once i get to purchase it!!!

The QS are just a gimmic to get our extra money as if the CDP weren't hefty enough retail price...I'm gettin the Barron 1s eventually and maybe theVI but it will get customized so I may end up skipping those...they lie like rugs...
mad.gif

Back
Top Bottom