Brand Marketing/Business/MBA Majors…chime in vol. Being your own boss

My fellow NT brethren, lettuce be cereal.

Im reaching you guys for advice in regards to business development and marketing. Im hallway thru my doctorate degree and looking for advice about which electives i should take. I would like if you all could give me an idea on the MOST IMPORTANT classes you took during your schooling that have influence/impacted you the most. In essence i want to maximize my education and broaden my horizons and learn essential skills vital to success in the business world. All advice is appreciated and hopefully other NTer's can learn from this thread and also increase their net worth and interpersonal development. Thanks in advance. #Lets put on our thinking caps!!!

nobody on here is a marketing major or MBA with advice??? #i knew i just shoulda made a thread about foams and airmax 95s

Id say a good percentage of the regulars here are still in undergrad or just a few years removed

You're better off going to forums dedicated to higher education

Isn't this a question best suited for your primary advisor, and/or peers in your program?

Also, and I really aint trying to be that guy, but I find it hard to believe that you're taking electives NOW, when you're--as you claim--half way through your doctorate. Half way through your doctorate, you should be in the early to mid stages of your research. Electives should've been completed by now. No?

I could be wrong though...:lol:

Last edited:
i start grad school for Marketing next spring.

But ill tell you now you'll learn more about marketing by enrolling in Amazon University than you will at an actual university.

You're talking about being your own boss you need to read on entrepreneurship not just marketing.

Isn't this a question best suited for your primary advisor, and/or peers in your program?

Also, and I really aint trying to be that guy, but I find it hard to believe that you're taking electives NOW, when you're--as you claim--half way through your doctorate. Half way through your doctorate, you should be in the early to mid stages of your research. Electives should've been completed by now. No?

I could be wrong though...:lol:

Im in Pharmacy School. PHarmD degree which i still considered a doctorate degree. My electives include independent study which essentially i can study what ever i want granted i get in touch with the proper teachers within the university and agree to allow me to somewhat audit their class but actually get a grade for it. thats what i mean by electives or Independent study. My advisor is only half the equation. he is helping me put this together but again i don't want to take elementary business classes. I've been doing some reading/research on the side and i want to take an advance class i will actually benefit from…. IE organic chemistry vs general chemistry or Calculus vs algebra.

also a lot of my peers just wanna graduate and work for somebody…. I'm getting more and more tired of working with overhead. they get all the money and recognition and only do paperwork. they never get their hands dirty like the ppl below them. So in essence i wanna be somebody else's overhead ya dig???

Last edited:
My roommate got a ba in marketing and marketing alonewith no other accounting and etc....

Stuck working for his aunts motel with a useless degree that took him 7 years .....
Point is if u go marketing start networking and add accounting

My roommate got a ba in marketing and marketing alonewith no other accounting and etc....

Stuck working for his aunts motel with a useless degree that took him 7 years .....
Point is if u go marketing start networking and add accounting
I have heard this at every career fair/firm meet and greet I have ever been too. Marketing as a stand alone degree is right behind a general business administration degree as the most unappealing business degree to employers. Idk how true it is but I believe it after hearing it so much

Back
Top Bottom