BrandBlack

Great read @duke40

I've really enjoyed playing in the raptor lo.  Think they'll send you the JC2 to test out? 

Last edited:
Yeah, their knit is looking nice. I saw Nightwing mention that it doesn't have any sort of fuse support behind it, which I imagine could be either really awesome or potentially problematic.

Yeah, their knit is looking nice. I saw Nightwing mention that it doesn't have any sort of fuse support behind it, which I imagine could be either really awesome or potentially problematic.
It does seem like it could go either way, but I have a good feeling about them.  If you think about it, the biggest thing is keeping that heel in place and the back half of the shoe looks like it will take care of that nicely.  If it's knit a little tighter on the lower portions of the shoe, especially lateral, they should be solid 
happy.gif

Can't wait for these... if I dare say it, I might be more excited for these than the XX9s 

I would get a few pairs, but their site only allows people from the states to buy them. They look good.

FYI JackThreads has 30% off everything plus free returns, which includes a ton of Brandblack shoes. Great chance to sample Brandblack. Just ordered the J Crossover. You can get an additional 10% off if you download and order through their new app as well.

FYI JackThreads has 30% off everything plus free returns, which includes a ton of Brandblack shoes. Great chance to sample Brandblack. Just ordered the J Crossover. You can get an additional 10% off if you download and order through their new app as well.

Thanks for pointing this out Tom. Really want the black/white raptor lows but my size is out. Could maybe go with a .5 down but I don't know

^^^ I wouldn't go down - they are very Kobe 5 like and would probably be too small.

^^^ I wouldn't go down - they are very Kobe 5 like and would probably be too small.

I now agree. It's been a couple weeks since I played in my all white pair, so I slipped them on last night to see. TTS is perfect. Too snug to go half down.

Excellent deal from jack threads though

Just talked about that yesterday. Looking like all star but may push up to new year release.

^Nice.  Enjoying the raptor low for now, but really looking forward to the JC2.  The Force Vector model's got me interested too

Got the J Crossovers in from JackThreads. Nicer in hand than in pics IMO. In pics, the waffle/diamond pattern on the toe box seems real distracting, but in person it is much more subtle. They were factory laced real tight and had to relace, but I do that with 90% of my kicks anyways so I get a better fit and feel (something more sneaker enthusiasts should try as opposed to just swearing up and down a shoe doesn't fit if it doesn't fit right in the store out of the box). The shoes did squeak something fierce and I was concerned just walking around, but I removed the insoles, put a little baby powder and put the insoles right back and it seemed to do the trick. Might also be the thick socks I am wearing as I had no squeaking when I put them on without a sock. I really, really love the jetlon cushioning. It's soft and absorbs, but not as mushy as Micro G and not quite as responsive as Zoom, but you are definitely impact protected. Can't wait to give them a spin on court as I want to see how the traction is going to work.

@Tom A  congrats on grabbing a pair 
smokin.gif
 I really think you'll dig these on court.

I also had to re-lace my pair of raptors -- I don't like how they come laced from BB, the laces come out and over top of the next eyelet (don't know if that makes any sense...) so you couldn't get them as tight.  Re-laced to what I thought is the standard way to lace

They were factory laced real tight and had to relace, but I do that with 90% of my kicks anyways so I get a better fit and feel (something more sneaker enthusiasts should try as opposed to just swearing up and down a shoe doesn't fit if it doesn't fit right in the store out of the box).
This kills me, and not that you said it, Tom, but that some people don't know to do this. Makes me laught that a person will post the shoe fits narrow, or is too small, or not for widefooters, and they haven't even adjusted the laces at all out of the box. My rant for the day.

Thanks for e that.. Ill end up getting a pair of those soon.

Stock on Brandlblack's website dried up really quick. Seems like the only place you can find any pairs at all anymore is Jack Threads.

Agreed 
smokin.gif
  can't wait for that shoe.

Sounds like Feb. 2015 release for the J.C II
I've heard that too, but I keep getting updates and reading from social media BB posts that there may be some announcement about the JC II's releasing towards the end of this year. I have my eye on the black pair. Love the JCrossover I's. Really the only complaint is the serious lack of ventilation/air flow. That usually isn't a problem for me and the fit of the upper really helps with that, but after a day in the shoes, it can get pretty hot in them. If playing for a few hours though, you should be good. Just bring some slides or slip ons for post game is what I'd say.

Some pairs have been leaked already (hmmmm), and they are on target. As nice as the XX9 is, for a second year shoe, yeah, they hit it.

Well I know NW is wear testing for them right now. Really hoping CK can land an interview with Raysse and Co. leading up to the launch of JC II. 

BTW Duke, how is your time in the XX9 been? Might consider saving up for them after I get the iPhone 6 in the beginning of October here.

Back
Top Bottom