BrandBlack

@george michael  would you say you lose any court feel versus the JC2?  The 3s look awesome, just a little high off the ground.  can't say anything until I've tried em though
BTW you guys think you can go .5 down on the JC 3s?
@lino32To me the sizing with the 3's is the exact same as JC2s.  I'm a 13 in nike/kobe.  I got a 12.5 and 13 in the JC2s and while the 12.5 fit better, I actually prefer the 13 laced up real tight to play ball in.  Same experience with the JC3s, i got the 13s and laced em up tight and they were perfect.  I was a bit concerned the jc3s were going to fit bigger than the 2s, but it was the same and all good. If you like your shoes snug, go 1/2 down.

@iks mod  Court feel was great. Midsole looks thick, its not really like that.  Its kind of like a cage and you're a little lower down than you'd think especially on the forefoot. You know how on the JC2 everything just worked well together?  It's kind of like that here.  It's just amazing execution all the way around.  The sole covers a little more ground and the transition is so good, I feel like I could cut anytime, anywhere real hard.  They felt SO quick.  I didn't even have that high of expectations.  

Side note. the shoes remained pretty clean after 2 hours of pick up.  But they're white, and I do fully expect them to look like sh*t soon.  

george michael george michael appreciate it fam. I like the snug feel and lockdown where my shoes aren't wiggling but at the same time,I don't like having the shoes put pressures on my foot,like really tight. But that helps

Last edited:
I think there is more balance to the cushion on the JC3 for me, if your 180lbs+ and making cuts and getting up and down then you will definitely feel the foam. Lighter guys may not feel it as much but thats always going to be the issue with cushioning, unless the rubber content is tailored depending on the size of the shoe (assuming big sizes equate to heavier people) then there really wont ever be a one cushion suits all setup.

In my opinion if you are a ligher guard/stretch 3 then the JC2 low is prob one of the best shoes out there, if you prefer a mid then maybe the FV. If you are that big heavier or run hard on your feet making hard cuts and drives to the basket the JC3 setup has that bit more containment and support over the JC3.

Considering its a shoe for JC I can clearly see where they went with the latest model.

Last edited:
^thats a great point.  i'm 200 lbs and i run heavy and cut hard. so i love the black foam.  i didn't even think of how lighter people might not feel it or get the same response.  good points.

Good point above about weight, shoe size, and ability to activate cushioning. I agree that shoe size and weight gets at the psi (pounds per square inch) that a player puts into his cushioning. I'm close to 200lbs but with smaller feet (size 10-10.5) so I activate the heck out of all cushioning systems I use. BlackFoam is awesome for me. I find it very springy - definitely my favorite foam for comfort and bounce back. I actually like it better than most zoom setups these days because BlackFoam is so consistent front to back and side to side. Just smooth.

I have two pairs of the JC3s. I originally picked up the Blues in my normal size 10. They fit a little large at first, but nothing major. I found over time the upper stretched enough that I needed to double sock and put a thicker insole in to get a better fit. I then picked up a 9.5 in the white/blacks. Fit was a little snug at first but settle into being perfect after they stretched out after 3-4 wears. The upper is very flexible once broken in. The cape/shroud helps with ankle support, but it's still on the soft side. Containment/support is good but not great. I have a hard time going full bore side to side in both pairs without feeling a little unstable or coming off the footbed a little. It's definitely better in my 9.5s. I find myself dialing back my game a bit in these and playing a little less dynamically.

Overall I really like the JC3s. With a little more support these would be my favorite shoes. For now these make for a great light to medium duty shoe for me. When I'm going to play hard and go all out I reach for something else like the Curry 2s or Rose 6s.

Hi. I am looking at getting a pair of the Force Vector Leather in Black. I will use them for casual use, pretty light running, and very little basketball. I normally wear a size 8.5 but my latest shoes have been size 9 as my left foot grew a bit. I always wear wide to extra wide NikeiDs. I was wondering what size I would buy the Vectors in? I know many say they wear wide. Should I get them true to size or go up to a 9.5? I emailed the company but the guy said he couldn't help me and I should buy the shoes and return them. I'd like avoid the time waste if possible. Thanks for any help, Joseph.

Hi. I am looking at getting a pair of the Force Vector Leather in Black. I will use them for casual use, pretty light running, and very little basketball. I normally wear a size 8.5 but my latest shoes have been size 9 as my left foot grew a bit. I always wear wide to extra wide NikeiDs. I was wondering what size I would buy the Vectors in? I know many say they wear wide. Should I get them true to size or go up to a 9.5? I emailed the company but the guy said he couldn't help me and I should buy the shoes and return them. I'd like avoid the time waste if possible. Thanks for any help, Joseph.

I would find a way to try them on. They're more available online, but Brandblack customer service should assist you with retail locations near you.

Nice.  So no .5 down on the lows for sure then?
Though it's hard to give that 100% confident answer without having tried the half down in these, I think it would be just a little too snug.  The way they reinforced the forefoot on these makes them a lot more restricted.  I tried these (TTS) and the lillard 2 (half size down for me) side by side and space/lengthwise they were very similar -- except less give from the upper of the jc2 lows

Hoping to get a chance to play in them this week -- might not be until Thursday though, just a bit busy outside of work this week.  I'll update as soon as I can

Curious to hear from anyone else who picked them up

Last edited:
Nice pick up know you've been waiting for the lows for a minute. Clean colorway. Is the middle of the upper breathable? What material is it?

Nice pick up know you've been waiting for the lows for a minute. Clean colorway. Is the middle of the upper breathable? What material is it?
I was digging the all black (still am) but something had me wanting this pair a bit more.

The middle part of the upper doesn't seem to have any perforations so I'm doubting very breathable.  It's more of a tighter/jacquard style woven -- almost has the texture of what the AJXXX feels like but obviously a different pattern on the surface.  Does not have as much give as the original JC2, but it's still comfortable just walking around -- plus I anticipate it to be better for hoop. 

Anxious to play in them, but unfortunately it may be a few days 

Ah didn't check their site if it was online only saw the tweet from BB that it was in-store. But that price doe. Plus they don't have .5 size which I need in the JC3. Don't expect them to move at that price so should wait for the discount.

Last edited:
^I am definitely interested in the premium version of the 3 if/when it can be had for less (and I will play in them haha)

Literally have no idea what to do. After playing in the white JC3s for 2 weeks, i want to order the red ones from FNL.

But, now ethers are dropping. Debating the white or grey ones..or just to stick with the red 3s i was going to order.

If ya'll would be kind enough to vote.  First shoe to get 2 votes gets it...

Back
Top Bottom