BrandBlack

black/navy
nerd.gif
must be the blackout...?

I think the red is the maroon pair.  Brandblack had on their instagram that they were releasing 3 new colorways in April (maroon, blackout, and the grey/white reflective).

Does anybody have any more info on sizing these.  I have heard true to size and half size down.  I have a wider foot and don't want to be cramped going half size down.  If anybody has these already, help is appreciate.  Looking to grab the maroons when they drop.

guess it'll be blackout for me then, would've loved to get that pair with the brown leather on it those were nice

I think the red is the maroon pair.  Brandblack had on their instagram that they were releasing 3 new colorways in April (maroon, blackout, and the grey/white reflective).

Does anybody have any more info on sizing these.  I have heard true to size and half size down.  I have a wider foot and don't want to be cramped going half size down.  If anybody has these already, help is appreciate.  Looking to grab the maroons when they drop.
I haven't heard many people say TTS was too spacious, but I'm a 9.5-10 in everything and went with 9.5.  Fits perfect.  I don't think my foot is particularly wide or narrow though.

I'm personally feeling the Seahawks colorway the most, but the black/red, white/blue and blackouts are all nice too.  May get one more pair next month.  These feel a bit higher off the ground than other shoes, but they feel pretty good.  Still need a bit of break-in for me after 4 games.

i went 1/2 a size down and i'm a wide footer and works out great for me.  The toe box is roomy and the upper overall has a lot of give.  I'm like the length of a 9 and the width of a 10, so i usually go with 9.5 on most sneakers.  I went with a 9 on the crossover 2s and the fit is great.  It's snug, but a really nice snug, especially for hooping.  You could def get away with tts, but for the 1 to 1 feel going 1/2 size down feels great on court at least for me. 

Has anyone had issues with their pair? I just got mine in today and there's something underneath the stitching, Its somewhat sharp. I had them on for a few minutes and my foot is killing me. They're pretty much unwearable.
View media item 1465113

Last edited:
Wow what the hell is that?  I don't have any build issues as far as I can tell.  Better contact Brandblack, I think they'll take care of you.

Wow what the hell is that?  I don't have any build issues as far as I can tell.  Better contact Brandblack, I think they'll take care of you.
I looked for a contact number on their page and couldn't find one. Nothing on their facebook or twitter page either. Anyone know how to get into contact with them?

No reply from Brandblack on twitter yet. I emailed the store I bought them for, Sheikh Shoes, and they said me not to contact brandblack. They told me I could return them for a refund or an exchange, although I doubt I can exchange them for another pair since they've sold out. I wouldn't want to return them either since I got them for 110. Decisions, decisions... 

I'd return them and wait for the pairs in April.  That pair doesn't seem to be wearable, so no point in keeping them.

If Brandblack offers an exchange, that would be nice.  But if that's a no go, then there are more pairs releasing soon.

So I got my J crossover 2 on the court yesterday just to shoot around after open gym and I have to say they were pleasant on foot. Cushion is plush and fantastic, fit is nice even for my slightly wider foot but traction was a negatory.... Collected dust like a swiffer. Wiping helped but after chasing down the ball a few times the dust was back. I definitely am going to have to see how these break in. I'm hoping they get much better because that shooting around experience has me terrified to try game speed moves.

Sounds like yall need a dust mop. I feel ya though. My Tuesday court might as well be wet tile.

My court is dusty too, and I'm wiping the JC2's about every other trip down court.  I don't think quite as much as the Curry 1.

Traction is perfectly fine for me after wiping.  Not that it matters, but they squeak like crazy too.

Sounds like yall need a dust mop. I feel ya though. My Tuesday court might as well be wet tile.
Maybe. But I got on a court with typically better conditions (from a traction standpoint) and it was still clogging pretty badly. Still had to wipe a lot but I was confident in them enough to actually run a few games. So far that is my only concern. Otherwise they play great.

I was kidding, l8. Thanks for not going nuts. I haven't gotten mine yet, STILL, but I am loving the feedback from you guys, good and bad.

I was kidding, l8. Thanks for not going nuts. I haven't gotten mine yet, STILL, but I am loving the feedback from you guys, good and bad.
Got it. Sarcasm is difficult to read for me :/. But I'm looking for more feedback as well especially if I'm the only one with these issues. Maybe all I need is a dust mop for these to be truly amazing.

I just received mine.  The thing I noticed is that there is a lot of length space between my big toe and the front of the shoe. I compared them against my Jordan XX9 (my go-to shoe) of the same 8.5 size and the J Crossover II is about 1/4 inch longer. I’m thinking about potentially exchanging for a half size smaller to get a more stable toe-off, although I don’t mind the extra wiggle room. Anyone have similar experience?

I would agree that traction is the weakest aspect on the jc2 which otherwise is near perfect. The court I play on is normally slightly dirty and dusty. I'd say the kobe 9s elite lows had a slightly better grip. Either way I'm still wiping bout every 5 minutes. While the traction isn't the best, in actual games as opposed to shooting around, I hardly ever think about it. It's very easy to start and stop in these and I always feel on top of my feet. I think its the best shoe overall I've played in since the melo m8.

I just received mine.  The thing I noticed is that there is a lot of length space between my big toe and the front of the shoe. I compared them against my Jordan XX9 (my go-to shoe) of the same 8.5 size and the J Crossover II is about 1/4 inch longer. I’m thinking about potentially exchanging for a half size smaller to get a more stable toe-off, although I don’t mind the extra wiggle room. Anyone have similar experience?
I'm 9.5-10 and I went with a 9.5.  Perfect for me.
I would agree that traction is the weakest aspect on the jc2 which otherwise is near perfect. The court I play on is normally slightly dirty and dusty. I'd say the kobe 9s elite lows had a slightly better grip. Either way I'm still wiping bout every 5 minutes. While the traction isn't the best, in actual games as opposed to shooting around, I hardly ever think about it. It's very easy to start and stop in these and I always feel on top of my feet. I think its the best shoe overall I've played in since the melo m8.
Every 5 minutes.  Man I'd take that.  I'm wiping like every minute.

I don't know if I can point to anything as being a problem with the shoes, but I don't like them as much as the CF Drive.  Something about the transition combined with the court feel and responsiveness.  I don't feel quite as fast in these as the Drive.  But they are very good shoes that I can't find any fault with, and I could easily see people favoring these over anything else right now.

Back
Top Bottom