BrandBlack

Note: I'm not much of a photographer 
laugh.gif

Brandblack Mirage 

So I'm thinking about finally snagging a pair of JCIIs.  Only thing is I'm concerned about sizing.  I've read through this forum a lot, but I'd figure I'd ask one more time.  On the foot scale my feet are both kind of between 9.5 and 10.  I like a little bit of room, so I the majority of my shoes(LeBrons 10-12, KD 7s, Kobe 8, runners, etc.) are all size 10. Normally I would just play it safe and get a 10, but there is only a 9.5 available.  What do you guys think?

So is BB part of Skechers? I got delivery notification for my first pair of JC3s from BB and UPS says the package is from Skechers.

So is BB part of Skechers? I got delivery notification for my first pair of JC3s from BB and UPS says the package is from Skechers.
The founder of Brandblack previously worked for Skechers. The trademark for the company seems to be filed through Skechers as well for some reason, but it doesn't appear that they have any association with the business decisions at all.

So I'm thinking about finally snagging a pair of JCIIs.  Only thing is I'm concerned about sizing.  I've read through this forum a lot, but I'd figure I'd ask one more time.  On the foot scale my feet are both kind of between 9.5 and 10.  I like a little bit of room, so I the majority of my shoes(LeBrons 10-12, KD 7s, Kobe 8, runners, etc.) are all size 10. Normally I would just play it safe and get a 10, but there is only a 9.5 available.  What do you guys think?
I'm a 10 in Kobe 5, 6, 8, 9, 10 (and also in CF Drive, Nike Frees, Pure Boosts)

and a 9.5 in the JC2 is perfect.  10 would be way too big.  JC2 is one of those shoes I definitely needed a .5 down.

I'm a 10 in Kobe 5, 6, 8, 9, 10 (and also in CF Drive, Nike Frees, Pure Boosts)

and a 9.5 in the JC2 is perfect.  10 would be way too big.  JC2 is one of those shoes I definitely needed a .5 down.
totally agreed, the knitted upper is so flexible and stretchy, and the it's a pretty wide shoe imho to begin with. 

Revolve added FV trainer, a new XB Sport Low and a pair of Mirages. Tempted by the Mirage, but they don't have my size and I prefer the XB Mirage and the Mirage Sport, anyway.

black gum sport low is sweet but wish it was leather like the XB lite low. $20 cheaper is the trade-off I suppose.

Been wearing the black jets for about a week now. Got them from FNL for like $20. Super comfy and the quality if amazing on the leather. Tempted to get more now...

Anyone know what kind of tech the bottoms are?

Last edited:
JC3s definitely run 1/2 size big unless you need extra room for orthotics.

They may run big for you but not everyone. I am a true 11 (measured it at Footlocker one day while they were getting me my size in a shoe) with a normal width (maybe a hair narrow) and there is NO WAY I could wear a half size down in my JCIII's. If I tried, my big toe on my right (bigger) foot wouldn't be able to move at all & would be pressed against the end of the toe box.

I like a snug fit but that would be too snug!!

Revolve Clothing got in 2 colours of the Mirage Sport, Red and Black, and the all Leather Mirage. Size 8 and up, again, except the Red is 8.5.

They may run big for you but not everyone. I am a true 11 (measured it at Footlocker one day while they were getting me my size in a shoe) with a normal width (maybe a hair narrow) and there is NO WAY I could wear a half size down in my JCIII's. If I tried, my big toe on my right (bigger) foot wouldn't be able to move at all & would be pressed against the end of the toe box.

I like a snug fit but that would be too snug!!

So I get my blue pair in today and they fit TTS. I'm really happy with the fit, comfort, and look of my blues. Not sure why the black/red pairs I tried on at Finishline fit bigger. Maybe a quality control issue?

View media item 1857652

So I get my blue pair in today and they fit TTS. I'm really happy with the fit, comfort, and look of my blues. Not sure why the black/red pairs I tried on at Finishline fit bigger. Maybe a quality control issue?

View media item 1857652

That's weird buddy. I would hope that they would be the same but you never know if they were produced in different factories or such. I'm with you, I love the look of my Blues too!!! :smile:

Black/red came in from FNL. Came from a local FNL, they didn't get any Brandblack before I don't think.

Not sure I like the look of the laces (sheen to it). Will lace swap to see.

Good thing I didn't half size down. Narrow and they look small on feet. Looks better with the shroud on, at least on this colorway. Really comfortable footbed. Still like the JC II. Might get the BHM and be done with the 3.

Will post pics later.

Last edited:
Black/red came in from FNL. Came from a local FNL, they didn't get any Brandblack before I don't think.

Do you know which FNL?

I went to Southland the other day, and they had all their Blackhawks on the clearance table. Wish I could've bought the boxes for all my Burlington Jet Lo's.

Not sure I like the look of the laces (sheen to it). Will lace swap to see.

Good thing I didn't half size down. Narrow and they look small on feet. Looks better with the shroud on, at least on this colorway. Really comfortable footbed. Still like the JC II. Might get the BHM and be done with the 3.

Will post pics later.
The JC2 is a bit more unique looking. The JC3 without the shroud tends to have a generic look to it. One of the things missing from this line is the signature JC details anywhere on the shoe. Also, on the 3, I don't like how they took away the Brandblack logo on the midsole and replaced it with the Force Vector logo. I'm still tempted to grab the BHM 2s, as this is the last chance to grab a JC2 most likely.

I agree they look better with the shroud for the two tonal colorways and the black/reds. I also like the support from the shroud so far. can't wait to play in mine tomorrow and see how everything feels as they break in...

Back
Top Bottom