BrandBlack

HOLY SHOT. 

Rare Metal Leathers are cash.

heart breaking too..unless it gets a normal, full release, then they won't make it in a size 12.5

The Gambettos look pretty interesting. I'm curious about the overall feel of the shoe. Like, I got the "No Name Shadow" and I have discovered I don't really like knit type shoes and the cushion is different than what I'm used to. I like the sound of a more sturdy material upper and I'm curious how the cushioning works with it....if that makes sense

Finally caved in.

I'm a general size 10 in Nike models like the Kobe 5/8/11 & Jordan Brand models as well.

In Adidas sizing depending on the model..I'm either a 9 or a 9.5

I went with a 9.5 on these and they fit just right.

Traction wise... I tested it out on your normal 24 hour fitness floors which ours, there's usual dust clumps here and there with hot spots for good flooring. So it's not crazy bite..but I wasnt slipping all over the place.. but when I needed it such as on stepbacks or closeouts on defense.. I was fine.

On a normal rubber type court it was fine with no slipping at all. Wiped about twice maybe for good measure every 2 plays and it helped. Once again.. traction isnt elite or great by any standards..but it isnt horrible neither. 

^I have to resist, but tempting to pick up another pair of RMs or the JC2 low.

If anyone has been on the fence about trying the brand, this is an excellent opportunity. Serious value for those prices

View media item 2322643
View media item 2322644

Finally got my jc3 in the other day. Got a chance to run a few games with them with a few of the kids at my job(work with teenagers) it was an outdoor Court. overall think it's a great shoe. I believe mines must have been a tester model or pe because of the strange marking on the side. And the Shroud is not removable. This works great for me because being a big man (6'3 300lbs) I need all the support I can get.

I love the cushioning set up in the shoe. At first when I got it I wasn't too sure about it because it didn't feel like much cushioning at all but after running a few games. You could really start to feel the blackfome loosen up. It's definitely a very springy shoe with a lot of impact protection. It does ride a little bit higher then their jet long cushioning but that works great for my play style being a mainly post up player. The materials are top-notch as always from brandblack they require no break in time at all. Really looking forward to give them a good hard run tomorrow when I play at the gym. They honestly remind me a lot of the Melo m4 just lighter. M4 are some of my favorite shoes to play in. Both offer cushioning that does not have a lot of Court feel but great impact protection. And I am very confident in the stability / material of the shoe.

View media item 2322643
View media item 2322644

Finally got my jc3 in the other day. Got a chance to run a few games with them with a few of the kids at my job(work with teenagers) it was an outdoor Court. overall think it's a great shoe. I believe mines must have been a tester model or pe because of the strange marking on the side. And the Shroud is not removable. This works great for me because being a big man (6'3 300lbs) I need all the support I can get.

I love the cushioning set up in the shoe. At first when I got it I wasn't too sure about it because it didn't feel like much cushioning at all but after running a few games. You could really start to feel the blackfome loosen up. It's definitely a very springy shoe with a lot of impact protection. It does ride a little bit higher then their jet long cushioning but that works great for my play style being a mainly post up player. The materials are top-notch as always from brandblack they require no break in time at all. Really looking forward to give them a good hard run tomorrow when I play at the gym. They honestly remind me a lot of the Melo m4 just lighter. M4 are some of my favorite shoes to play in. Both offer cushioning that does not have a lot of Court feel but great impact protection. And I am very confident in the stability / material of the shoe.

That was a special makeup for JC. Never released.

duke40 duke40 Thanks for the info. The back is reflective. So does that mean the other all grey jc3 are different? This is tuff so it eather I beat up my force vectors which a super nice. Or a rair jc3. This sucks lol [emoji]128557[/emoji]. A duke are you still doing the future legends review?

@bigdeav410 I feel the exact with you about the JC3. I love them after running in them, but at first I was underwhelmed because I hadn't broken them in and had heard about how springy they were. I was expecting a Zoom feel right out of the box. They feel like a mix of full-length Zoom and thick dense Micro G. I think it is a combo of the sockliner and the midsole working hand-in-hand.

I pray these never bottom out and I regret not getting at least 2 more pair while the were on sale for the 29.99 (I got the Black and Red colorway)

Last edited:
jrdatrackstar23 jrdatrackstar23 I'm still kicking myself for not jumping all over that sale. Yea I think it's the first time were I got a shoe and the materials needed no break in time but the Cushing did. It's hard to tell some kicks just take forever to bottom out. And I hope that is the case with these that's a thick slab of blackfome.

These have me curious as to how Jetlon feels. 95% of everyone loves it but I've read people bottoming it out under heavy load (200 lb and up guys). It's tough to decide because I could get more JC3s or try a Jetlon shoe since they're similarly priced. The last show I had that I kick myself for having is the Rose 6. They bottomed out after a month and got so firm that I get shin splits from them (the forefoot Boost). I don't want that to happen again and feel like money is wasted. Plus, Boost is just too inconsistent at the moment and I shouldn't have been able to bottom out the Rose 6 like that so quickly.

Praying these JC3s hold up. From what I've read, they made it thick because of the complaints of people who were able to bottom out the Jetlon, so I feel safer playing in BlackFoam.

Last edited:
These have me curious as to how Jetlon feels. 95% of everyone loves it but I've read people bottoming it out under heavy load (200 lb and up guys). It's tough to decide because I could get more JC3s or try a Jetlon shoe since they're similarly priced. The last show I had that I kick myself for having is the Rose 6. They bottomed out after a month and got so firm that I get shin splits from them (the forefoot Boost). I don't want that to happen again and feel like money is wasted. Plus, Boost is just too inconsistent at the moment and I shouldn't have been able to bottom out the Rose 6 like that so quickly.

Praying these JC3s hold up. From what I've read before, they made it thick because of the complaints of people who were able to bottom out the Jetlon, so I feel safer playing in BlackFoam.

I have the leather Force Vectors and the grey suede Ethers. To me, I feel the Black foam sits higher and is "squishier". The Force Vectors seem to ride lower, and although they are comfy, no doubt, the Jetlon seems a bit stiffer, or not quite as "squishy" as Blackfoam. I use for casual wear....

I hope all that helps...

Also, Brandblack has the Rare Metals on sale at Finishline for like 79.99, I think, and I'm sure some cash back from befrugal. They are Blackfoam, but a thinner slab. I had them (I had to return them because of sizing) and they are comfy. They seemed slightly less "squishy" than my Ethers and sat lower, very comfy though......softer than the Jetlon in my Force Vectors. If that's the route you want to go, there are reviews out there. They are like a "performance knitted" or "performance woven" or "Jacquard" like material if you get what I'm saying lol

Last edited:
I have the leather Force Vectors and the grey suede Ethers. To me, I feel the Black foam sits higher and is "squishier". The Force Vectors seem to ride lower, and although they are comfy, no doubt, the Jetlon seems a bit stiffer, or not quite as "squishy" as Blackfoam. I use for casual wear....

I hope all that helps...

Also, Brandblack has the Rare Metals on sale at Finishline for like 79.99, I think, and I'm sure some cash back from befrugal. They are Blackfoam, but a thinner slab. I had them (I had to return them because of sizing) and they are comfy. They seemed slightly less "squishy" than my Ethers and sat lower, very comfy though......softer than the Jetlon in my Force Vectors. If that's the route you want to go, there are reviews out there. They are like a "performance knitted" or "performance woven" or "Jacquard" like material if you get what I'm saying lol
That helped so much, thank you!  From what you've said (and the interviews and reviews I've read and seen), I really want to try the Rare Metals when they go on sale.  I want a low top, I want a good outrigger, and I need traction that will at least not make me slide (which is what has kept me away so far until they drop pretty low on sale).  I have a $50 Amazon card and I am just waiting for those to drop a little more and will either cop a pair of those or JC3 (if they drop in price again).  Thank you!

I wonder how Sole Brothers didn't feel the break-in of the BlackFoam.  They basically said the opposite and that Jetlon felt soft and bouncy and springy, but that BlackFoam felt dead.  I can see that if you don't break them IN, so they must not have played in them and just judged from initial try on.  My JC3 felt like Air Force Ones at first (but slightly softer) lol.

That helped so much, thank you!  From what you've said (and the interviews and reviews I've read and seen), I really want to try the Rare Metals when they go on sale.  I want a low top, I want a good outrigger, and I need traction that will at least not make me slide (which is what has kept me away so far until they drop pretty low on sale).  I have a $50 Amazon card and I am just waiting for those to drop a little more and will either cop a pair of those or JC3 (if they drop in price again).  Thank you!

I wonder how Sole Brothers didn't feel the break-in of the BlackFoam.  They basically said the opposite and that Jetlon felt soft and bouncy and springy, but that BlackFoam felt dead.  I can see that if you don't break them IN, so they must not have played in them and just judged from initial try on.  My JC3 felt like Air Force Ones at first (but slightly softer) lol.

The sizing on the Rare Metals is odd. I had my regular size 11 and they fit long. The only problem is its hard to try on other sizes than just your regular size. I would like to try a half size down but I don't know exactly how they'll fit because I do have kind of white feet. They seems to kinda be running my big toe on the side In an 11. In regards to the Sole Brothers, I can't really say for all of their reviews. The one guys seems really small so I don't know if he's getting the most out of the cushion or the traction.

I like the look of the Rare Metals, but I still prefer an actual material (suede, nubuck, leather etc) over woven and such

Last edited:

Rare Metal is already on sale - http://www.finishline.com/brandblack

Rare Metal is already on sale - http://www.finishline.com/brandblack
Yea, I was hoping for them to go a little lower but they're selling too well (they don't have my size anyway).  I wish I could try them on but no where has BrandBlack in Indiana.
The sizing on the Rare Metals is odd. I had my regular size 11 and they fit long. The only problem is its hard to try on other sizes than just your regular size. I would like to try a half size down but I don't know exactly how they'll fit because I do have kind of white feet. They seems to kinda be running my big toe on the side In an 11. In regards to the Sole Brothers, I can't really say for all of their reviews. The one guys seems really small so I don't know if he's getting the most out of the cushion or the traction.

I like the look of the Rare Metals, but I still prefer an actual material (suede, nubuck, leather etc) over woven and such
Yea, that's my current problem.  I got TTS in the JC3 and luckily I personally haven't experienced the issues other faced.  I could see going half a size down I want a little extra room for my toes because they always bang against the edge of my shoes.  I can't try them on anywhere because BrandBlack has nothing here in Indiana.

Yea, I was hoping for them to go a little lower but they're selling too well (they don't have my size anyway).  I wish I could try them on but no where has BrandBlack in Indiana.

Yea, that's my current problem.  I got TTS in the JC3 and luckily I personally haven't experienced the issues other faced.  I could see going half a size down I want a little extra room for my toes because they always bang against the edge of my shoes.  I can't try them on anywhere because BrandBlack has nothing here in Indiana.

Well, if you bought them from Finishline, if you didn't like how long they fit you could exchange them, and if they didn't have your size you could return them. I mean, if you have Finishline store near by it would make it a lot easier. Also, I think They are gonna be coming out with new colorways or designs in the future

Absolutely love the leather upper my Force vectors but that's the only thing I worry about is them bottoming out. Me being so big I need a much cushioning as possible. I think that some people just don't get the most out of the shoe because they just don't put a lot of pressure on that blackfome set up. As far as the sole Brothers I love the channel. But I feel like the Asian dude just does not have enough weight on him in onorder to unlock that cushioning setup. In the other homeboy looks pretty big and he says he's about 6 2 but he could be an extremely light on his feet player. I'm flat footed and play a very grind it out play style. I really think this setup would be great if they continue to make big man shoes like the ethers. I completely understand that's not there vision for the company in there focused on making versatile shoes that can work for players 1 through 5.

Absolutely love the leather upper my Force vectors but that's the only thing I worry about is them bottoming out. Me being so big I need a much cushioning as possible. I think that some people just don't get the most out of the shoe because they just don't put a lot of pressure on that blackfome set up. As far as the sole Brothers I love the channel. But I feel like the Asian dude just does not have enough weight on him in onorder to unlock that cushioning setup. In the other homeboy looks pretty big and he says he's about 6 2 but he could be an extremely light on his feet player. I'm flat footed and play a very grind it out play style. I really think this setup would be great if they continue to make big man shoes like the ethers. I completely understand that's not there vision for the company in there focused on making versatile shoes that can work for players 1 through 5.
Agreed.  Although I am 5'11" and just shy of 200 lbs, I activate the crap out of it because I play hard and put a LOT of torque on midsoles.  I even worry that BlackFoam may not be enough (but that's just because I am unfamiliar with it).  The Micro G in my Black Ice Mids (first foam shoe I ever bought that I still love) is still holding up after years so there is hope!

Back
Top Bottom