BrandBlack

i've ordered just once with nordstrom rack, and in california, they use OnTrac as their delivery since they contract out...the most horrible service, they lied about my shoes being delivered, then lied about losing them and finding them on the wrong truck.  took me 2+ weeks and numerous calls to track down my shoes since my work place also order supplies and OnTrac also delivers them, i was able to call management directly.  just FYI, if you're going to order from nordstrom rack, which is a great price for these kicks, be prepared to wait up to 3 weeks before you get your shoes!

Had to double up on the all whites at that price. Ordered them on the 15th and got them today so shipping not a problem

Last edited:
Just got a pair of the white/gum Future Legends for Father's Day.  Sucks they're "limited" because I am definitely going to put work in in these.  I already loved my JC3's and the cushioning on these feel BETTER imo.  They feel a little more bouncy and lively, if that makes sense.  The JC3 needed break in time to feel bouncy, these feel bouncy just jumping around in them (and they feel softer and springier).  We will see how they hold up after playing a long time in them,  my BlackFoam is still going strong so I have no doubt about these either.  I love these!!!  Traction is also BANANAS, I no longer trust SoleBros after having these in hand. 

The shroud is freaking awesome.  My only complaint is the sock, it's a love hate thing.  I love when they're on, but putting them ON.....OMG lol...

For the crossover 2s is there anything you can do to keep the fit snug once the woven part starts stretching? Other than double socking

Man...just played in the Future Legends and these are amazing!  I like these better than the JC3 because the outrigger is huge and I felt totally safe.  Traction was freaking beast, even on the dusty court (I wiped out of habit but I would've been fine without wiping I think).  The cushioning...man...the cushioning was so freaking awesome.  Bouncy, up there with Boost from the D-Rose 6 for me (when the Boost was good in those).  Low to the ground, but bouncy and firm as well.  I felt so confident playing these.  My ONLY complaint is that it feels a LITTLE bulky and not one-to-one as much.  I did play with and without the shroud and the shroud DOES make a difference.  I will play with lacing setups to see if a slightly tighter fit will help with one-to-one feel.  It wasn't BAD, I just noticed that something was on my foot while playing.

I would be interested to see how the cushioning height difference compares with the Rare Metal.  I am scared to get those because of the traction, as well as the Jetlon Plus being slightly thinner (I tend to bottom cushions out pretty quick).  Any comparisons from people who have both and have played in both for a while?

Man...just played in the Future Legends and these are amazing!  I like these better than the JC3 because the outrigger is huge and I felt totally safe.  Traction was freaking beast, even on the dusty court (I wiped out of habit but I would've been fine without wiping I think).  The cushioning...man...the cushioning was so freaking awesome.  Bouncy, up there with Boost from the D-Rose 6 for me (when the Boost was good in those).  Low to the ground, but bouncy and firm as well.  I felt so confident playing these.  My ONLY complaint is that it feels a LITTLE bulky and not one-to-one as much.  I did play with and without the shroud and the shroud DOES make a difference.  I will play with lacing setups to see if a slightly tighter fit will help with one-to-one feel.  It wasn't BAD, I just noticed that something was on my foot while playing.

I would be interested to see how the cushioning height difference compares with the Rare Metal.  I am scared to get those because of the traction, as well as the Jetlon Plus being slightly thinner (I tend to bottom cushions out pretty quick).  Any comparisons from people who have both and have played in both for a while?
I have the Future Legend and the first edition of the Rare Metal (Thunder).  I hear you on the complaint about the bulk of the FL but still that shoe is very impressive in so many ways.  I'm a bigger (weight) guy at 5'10" 213 and I am all about cushion with great response too.  I have yet to bottom out on the Rare Metal and that JETLON-Plus is amazing.  I've played in my pairs (red/black and all black) multiple times and my feet and legs always feel great.  If you're worried about the traction, and I understand that because I play on those wonderfully dirty courts at 24 Hour Fitness, then I would recommend getting the Rare Metal Lightning.  The upper is lighter and the outsole was made with a different compound that has more grip, bite, etc.  I'm waiting for the mostly black colorway of the Jigsaw-Camo print and then I'll be good to go on the courts.  Oh yeah, I'm also waiting for them to finally release the low cut Future Legend.  Really interested in how those will feel without that strap, even though I love the lockdown on the regular Future Legend.

I have the Future Legend and the first edition of the Rare Metal (Thunder).  I hear you on the complaint about the bulk of the FL but still that shoe is very impressive in so many ways.  I'm a bigger (weight) guy at 5'10" 213 and I am all about cushion with great response too.  I have yet to bottom out on the Rare Metal and that JETLON-Plus is amazing.  I've played in my pairs (red/black and all black) multiple times and my feet and legs always feel great.  If you're worried about the traction, and I understand that because I play on those wonderfully dirty courts at 24 Hour Fitness, then I would recommend getting the Rare Metal Lightning.  The upper is lighter and the outsole was made with a different compound that has more grip, bite, etc.  I'm waiting for the mostly black colorway of the Jigsaw-Camo print and then I'll be good to go on the courts.  Oh yeah, I'm also waiting for them to finally release the low cut Future Legend.  Really interested in how those will feel without that strap, even though I love the lockdown on the regular Future Legend.

Repped! Appreciate you man!

So if you had to pick, would you get another pair of Future Legends or Rare Metals? I like the Future Legends in every area except bulk. The cushioning, though it has gotten lower to the ground (which I don't like, ironically I am a guard at 5'11 190 lbs), is still pretty nice. I do wish the cushioning had kept more height, but I pray I don't bottom it out. It has lost some of that initial bounce that had me excited for them.

Last edited:
Repped! Appreciate you man!

So if you had to pick, would you get another pair of Future Legends or Rare Metals? I like the Future Legends in every area except bulk. The cushioning, though it has gotten lower to the ground (which I don't like, ironically I am a guard at 5'11 190 lbs), is still pretty nice. I do wish the cushioning had kept more height, but I pray I don't bottom it out. It has lost some of that initial bounce that had me excited for them.
No problem!

Initially, I wanted to say that I enjoy the Future Legend more but yes the bulk is somewhat of a negative.  Especially, since my favorite shoes to ball in are Kobe XI Elite Lows and Kobe A.D.s  I really enjoy the Rare Metal Thunder and I have the Weartesters X Brandblack edition which is better than the RMT.  Next up, I'm going to try the Rare Metal Lightning because it was confirmed to have a lighter upper and improved grip on the traction.  That traction only lasts me about an hour because of those damn dusty courts at 24 Hour Fitness.  Now that's where the Future Legend excels because of the spacing of the outsole tread.  If I could combine that outsole design with the Rare Metal, holy crap! 

Back
Top Bottom