Brands like Ed Hardy, Affliction banned from bars in Vancouver.

wj4

http://www.nowpublic.com/...-labels-blacklisted-clubs

For the lazy folks out there...this is the good stuff.

Downtown bars are turning people away because they're wearing brands of clothing that are being identified as gangster-wear.
laugh.gif
Word to Jimmy.

Last Saturday night, staff at Crush on Granville Street told him he wasn't allowed inside wearing his Ed Hardy shirt, he said. He had to turn the shirt inside-out to hide the design.
Blacklisted brands include his favourite labels like Ed Hardy, Affliction and Xtreme Couture, he said. All of these use trendy motifs like tattoos, skulls and chains.

Vancouver bars aren't the first to ban brands. In England, some pubs banned the luxury British label Burberry, which is popular with soccer hooligans.

Good, one step in filtering out all the tools that wear that trash.

This is old news. And most of these clubs that had to enforce these bans were crap to begin with (just look at the clientele...).

In Vancouver, the 'gangsters' wear what I refer to as the Vancouver tuxedo: Ed Hardy hat, Christian Audigier shirt, True Religion jeans, and a Gucciwaist bag across their chest. I could honestly go through my Facebook and pull up at least 50 pictures of the aforementioned. It's an epidemic out here.

Originally Posted by Yoda

Good, one step in filtering out all the tools that wear that trash.
That'll be funny if some UFC dudes happen to be in town and roll through. They're going to murk the bouncers and still go in, smh. Theyshould've added Tap Out to the list too.

This isn't new..

I remember one time going to a club here and security wasn't letting us in because of of the clothing we wore (this was in '03) the man gave a list: NoRACKAWEAR (Rocawear), Sean John, FUBU, AVEEREX (Avirex) etc...we could not believe how this man was pronouncing *$** and the fact he was letting dudes in withJerseys but we were cleaned up dressed nice. Then he went on to say my jeans were too baggy so I pulled them $@*@% up Urkel style and the man STILL wouldn't let us in.

i was raised in vancouver but live in the US. i notice a lot of these fools whenever i come back. terrible style. canadians really need to step up theirsteez... ed hardy is the ugliest, flaming flamboyant clothing line out there, yet everyone in vancouver is on it.

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

This isn't new..

I remember one time going to a club here and security wasn't letting us in because of of the clothing we wore (this was in '03) the man gave a list: No RACKAWEAR (Rocawear), Sean John, FUBU, AVEEREX (Avirex) etc...we could not believe how this man was pronouncing *$** and the fact he was letting dudes in with Jerseys but we were cleaned up dressed nice. Then he went on to say my jeans were too baggy so I pulled them $@*@% up Urkel style and the man STILL wouldn't let us in.
Son wanted to see you get down in the club in your boxers, my dude.
laugh.gif

The only rule I've seen around here is "no baggy jeans and baggy plain t shirts". We gotta start shopping at WalMart now and get the no namestuff so they don't know what brand the gear is.

these clothing lines are garbage.

the same dudes with armband tats, flip flops, and shades on their head are the ones who wear these gay brands.

i dont know how ed hardy shirts were acceptable club attire at first. just a tacky $80 shirt. good move for the clubs in vancouver.

this one bar i go to in vancouver actually takes it to another extreme.. not allowing big buff dudes in. also, if you have tats all over your arm and neck youbetter have an ugly christmas sweater to cover it up..
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JumpoffTheGod

All that wears them brands are clown muscle head wannabe MMA fighters.

Naw here them Obama's wearing it heavy too since the summer.

Back
Top Bottom