Brazil 2014 World Cup

can anyone help me get started on where to look for where to stay, get tickets etc? i know im late but i have no idea how world cup stuff works and me and a buddy def want to go for at least a weekend. thanks in advance. you can pm info also

can anyone help me get started on where to look for where to stay, get tickets etc? i know im late but i have no idea how world cup stuff works and me and a buddy def want to go for at least a weekend. thanks in advance. you can pm info also

^ What this guy said, me an my homies wanna go and we just started saving (late I know) but I know we'll have 4-5 racks minimum saved by June. Just need some direction, I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing with this and I'm the one pushing the subject with going the most so I need to be as knowledgable as possible.

Indiegogo would be safe cause all the money is held by indiegogo and if it isn't raised then you'll get a refund but idk it it's the greatest idea to find spots to stay in the favelas. The goons in favelas love tourists and camping in their backyard would just make it easier for them to hit a lick

Last edited by a moderator:
Indiegogo would be safe cause all the money is held by indiegogo and if it isn't raised then you'll get a refund but idk it it's the greatest idea to find spots to stay in the favelas. The goons in favelas love tourists and camping in their backyard would just make it easier for them to hit a lick
The campaign in up on indiegogo right now actually if you want to check it out. Since the campaign launched The NY Times, a Dutch news network, a British news network, and a Brazilian site have highlighted it as an option alternative to hotels. They're only using pacified favelas so police and military are on every corner, but it's up to you to make your own decision. If you want the link to the campaign for more info PM me. I don't get any money from it at all I just did volunteer work on the indiegogo campaign.  

My heart is still in this. I checked flights last in November, from lax round trip 1200. Too bad I don't know the dates of the games yet. With 1 game I would be MORE than content.

Yo I've booked my accomodation in both rio and sao paulo for the quarters and semis, tickets now just pending approval. Then i'll suss out the flights last. Man one has to have some extra budget for a trip like this, planning is a bit complicated smh.

Anyone that make it out to brazil i'm happy to meet up, maybe a mini NT summit perhaps during the WC :nthat:

PM me or post here, be checking this periodically.

find me at da 2020 WC in Qatar
laugh.gif
2020 is a dope *** year though
pimp.gif
expenses would be almost double or triple than in brazil 

expenses would be almost double or triple than in brazil 

I started saving for 2020 in 2007 :smh:

Cool to see how many NTers are planning/have plans to go to Brasil this year. I was born there and have been numerous times. It truly is a beautiful country with great people. I just caution you to be safe, smart, and do your best not to stand out in the wrong ways and everything should be amazing. :nthat:

I know its a long way to go but WC 2026 looks promising.
Chances are its gonna be held in North or South America, seeing as Europe or Asia cant host it that year. Hopefully Mexico or the U.S. :smokin
We'll see how it goes. I'd still like to travel somewhere far for a world cup would be a great experience

all things considered... the women... the weather... the crazy international sport...
and if you were to extend your trip and hit carnival???

WC '14 is like the sickest event, like ever
seriously. and a month long at that!

props to anyone thats lucky enough to go
:pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

so how far along is everyone on planning their trips
what ive got so far
passport/visa
flight
hotel 2 weeks in natal
i was only able to get 2 game tickets in the fifa draw
usa vs ghana and japan vs greece
still in search of italy vs uruguay and usa vs germany
im pretty much got everything just need a little more spending money and time
71 more days

Im going by myself for a week and already got my plane ticket. now all i need is my visa. can anyone help with any info on how to get one yourself? ive seen agencies that will charge u a service fee but i think i want to avoid that if i can. i also dont have any hotel reservation. im hoping for that to not be a problem when i get there as this is a last minute decision i made. Im going to rio and would be down to meet up with any NT peeps that are also planning on attending

Don't mean to thread jack, but where can I find soccer jerseys for the low online?

Soccercorner.com has great deals on club jerseys. Not world cup jerseys because they arent on sale but still a great deal if you just want a jersey in general

Im going by myself for a week and already got my plane ticket. now all i need is my visa. can anyone help with any info on how to get one yourself? ive seen agencies that will charge u a service fee but i think i want to avoid that if i can. i also dont have any hotel reservation. im hoping for that to not be a problem when i get there as this is a last minute decision i made. Im going to rio and would be down to meet up with any NT peeps that are also planning on attending
i used the service cost 60$ extra for me 245 total . reason for me was that the brasil embassy is far away from me , plus you have to make 2 trips once to drop off and then to pick it up .plus they help you fill out the application so that no mistakes are made avoids delays . then they mail it back to you . literally took me 15 mins .

Because the hotels will be super expensive, I highly suggest you use a service like airbnb to find accommodations.

Here are some examples of what you can get in Sao Paulo: https://www.airbnb.ca/s/São-Paulo--Brazil

I looked on AirBnB a lot when booking hotels for world cup in Brazil and a lot of them change up their prices once you talk to them so those list prices will no where near be the same as what they request from you during world cup. I'm in Porto Alegre first 2 nights for Korea's second match and for the next 5 days, I'm in Sao Paulo for korea's last match before flying back to LAX. In porto alegre, we got really cheap hostels which allows us to stay in a nice hotel for 5 nights in sao paulo which we are pretty excited about. Already picked up the new 2014 world cup kit and now i just need to get my visa!

Looks like I'll be in Sao Paulo the 11th -24th.

Flight is booked, my visa should be sorted in a couple weeks when I'm in Cali for a wedding (I have a random ticket to a game in a different city so I'll get a free WC visa as opposed to a $180 tourist visa + I can go to the WC visa walk in at the consulate in SF on Wednesdays and not need an appointment (I have a scheduled one for May 29th but its cutting it crazy close) and lastly my homegirl happens to be down there volunteering for the year so I'll be getting to stay at her school's housing facility if I throw them $25 a night (!!!!!) I cant believe how this has all come together, I love football, and attending a WC is on any football fans bucket-list but being able to head to one in the mecca of football that is Brazil is a truly once in a lifetime experience if there ever was one.

Wish I had a ticket to a game I could attend, but that was the price of not being sure I could make this happen early enough, but being in a city for the opening game should be nuts and getting to catch the games in a bar or hopefully in some sort of outside viewing spot should be fantastic. With that said I hope I can somehow score a ticket to the England v Uruguay game on matchday outside the stadium or something. Once I get my visa approved I'll be looking to donate my ticket to a local Boys & Girls Club in Belo Horizonte or something so it wont go to waste/a kid will get an awesome experience.

Anyways as you can tell I'm beyond excited!!! Any other members on NT who'll be in SP during those dates who wants to meet up or something let me know/PM me!!!

Looking at going down there for 2016 Olympics in Rio. Planning a 2 week 14 day 13  night stay. Is 5K - 6K pretty reasonable amount to save for trip? I want to go for a teaching TEFL in Rio so I can work there for a year or two instead of being down there for only a couple of weeks. Anyone know how the market out there in Brazil is for foriegn teachers (Teaching english)? Dont want to be teased on being only down there for a short period of time with all that scenery 
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

mean.gif

already applied for my visa and got my acommodations from favela experience. cant wait!! anyody gonna be in rio??

Back
Top Bottom