Brazilian Jiu Jitsu/Muay Thai

question for OP

were you a heavy (ie. fat/chubby) kid before getting into it?

I've been wanting to get into it myself, for the exercise aspect (i could stand to lose some lbs, and i hate doing not sport related exercise) but also to get a better technical understanding of the sport itself. I just wish I had the time (and money) to dedicate to training.

illphillip - I don't know much about BJJ schools, but does Garcia actually teach at his NY school? That's pretty awesome if he does, just to be around someone of his caliber.

Originally Posted by sevit86

i used to train mma at Korean Top Team in korea. i've relocated to chicago and gonna check out valkobjj this week
marcelo garcia

24b0x02.jpg

bjj
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

So you've trained with the great Korean Zombie? We're not worthy of your presence! BTW if you're in Chicago check out Gracie Barra on Lincoln.

ZHOO ZHITSU AND MOOHAI TAI IZ ZEH BESS

i used to train mma at Korean Top Team in korea. i've relocated to chicago and gonna check out valkobjj this week
marcelo garcia

24b0x02.jpg

bjj
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

So you've trained with the great Korean Zombie? We're not worthy of your presence! BTW if you're in Chicago check out Gracie Barra on Lincoln.

I'm currently training in Muay Thai, BJJ and Judo. I love it. Really helps with cardio/keeping in shape.

I'm currently training in Muay Thai, BJJ and Judo. I love it. Really helps with cardio/keeping in shape.

Chino how did that jeet kun do work out brew?

But I did BJJ/muay thai for a couple months and then I had to stop. Right now when I have free time I pop in a roy dean BJJ dvd to just work on some basics at home.

You'll def lose weight and add endurance.

But I did BJJ/muay thai for a couple months and then I had to stop. Right now when I have free time I pop in a roy dean BJJ dvd to just work on some basics at home.

You'll def lose weight and add endurance.

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

yo Grim whats good man. Jeet Kune Do was awesome. Did it for almost 2 years. But I didn't like the way my JKD academy conducted business. So I found the new gym that teaches Muay Thai/Judo/BJJ, along with an open gym for cardio and weight lifting. Best decision i ever made. You should definitely get back into BJJ. Maybe even join the gym i go to
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

yo Grim whats good man. Jeet Kune Do was awesome. Did it for almost 2 years. But I didn't like the way my JKD academy conducted business. So I found the new gym that teaches Muay Thai/Judo/BJJ, along with an open gym for cardio and weight lifting. Best decision i ever made. You should definitely get back into BJJ. Maybe even join the gym i go to
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Disfunctional

marcelo garcia

24b0x02.jpg

bjj
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i only trained there for a year but yea he was there. he's really humble and taught good classes when the head instructors wasnt there. interestedly when he trains his technique is rly good but when he fights he turns into a brawler (dudes chin is built out of granite).
minowa and gomi came over from japan once and trained at the gym, they are HUGE in person. like there are build out of boulders or something.  

many of the top fighters that train there compete in japan.

korean zombie hyung and yang dongi hyung are both signed with the ufc though
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Disfunctional

marcelo garcia

24b0x02.jpg

bjj
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i only trained there for a year but yea he was there. he's really humble and taught good classes when the head instructors wasnt there. interestedly when he trains his technique is rly good but when he fights he turns into a brawler (dudes chin is built out of granite).
minowa and gomi came over from japan once and trained at the gym, they are HUGE in person. like there are build out of boulders or something.  

many of the top fighters that train there compete in japan.

korean zombie hyung and yang dongi hyung are both signed with the ufc though
pimp.gif

did muay thai for awhile, lost mad weight thx to it. it's a hell of a work out and extremely fun. i want to go back, but funds are low at the moment.

did muay thai for awhile, lost mad weight thx to it. it's a hell of a work out and extremely fun. i want to go back, but funds are low at the moment.

blue belt in BJJ
KO power in hands and a great high kick (srs)

Come at me Bros

blue belt in BJJ
KO power in hands and a great high kick (srs)

Come at me Bros

When you learn Muay Thai etc.. do you have to spar with people?

I'd love to try the training and reap the conditioning, but im too scared to fight lol

I'd love to try the training and reap the conditioning, but im too scared to fight lol

Originally Posted by Silsprr

Any NT'ers involved in BJJ/MMA/Muay Thai Boxing? I am currently a White Belt working to get my Blue Belt in Jiu Jitsu, and loving every moment of it...so far I've lost 20 pounds and there is more to shave off. Just wanting to see if we all can whoop %@! and still keep our kicks clean!

Oh man.. That's such a n00b thing to say...

Originally Posted by Silsprr

Any NT'ers involved in BJJ/MMA/Muay Thai Boxing? I am currently a White Belt working to get my Blue Belt in Jiu Jitsu, and loving every moment of it...so far I've lost 20 pounds and there is more to shave off. Just wanting to see if we all can whoop %@! and still keep our kicks clean!

Oh man.. That's such a n00b thing to say...

Originally Posted by I3

yes, you spar. part of training. it's easy to hit punching bags and the air, but you get no practice from dodging/blocking punches unless you spar.

plus you learn to take a hit.

Originally Posted by I3

yes, you spar. part of training. it's easy to hit punching bags and the air, but you get no practice from dodging/blocking punches unless you spar.

plus you learn to take a hit.

Originally Posted by I3

i've been training muay thai for a couple years.  at my gym there's plenty of people who go there just for the workout and just take the classes where they hit thai pads.  eventually, if you want to advance in training its best to work your way to spar eventually.  that way you can apply everything you learned working on the thai pads.

Originally Posted by I3

i've been training muay thai for a couple years.  at my gym there's plenty of people who go there just for the workout and just take the classes where they hit thai pads.  eventually, if you want to advance in training its best to work your way to spar eventually.  that way you can apply everything you learned working on the thai pads.

Back
Top Bottom