Breaking addiction vol. cigarettes... really?

To the guy who reccomends that I "commit that"... no. How about you commit that for being so cottdamn gullible. You sound like you sing along andknow every word to those truth commercials. Scientist studies /statistics are bs IMO. Granted, millions of people may die from smoking, I'm not trying todiscredit that you genius, but the point that I'm trying to make is that I don't think the nicotine is that intense that it becomes a dependency. IMO,people should be able to kick the habit before it's too late. I challenge all you guys/girls on NT reading this to drop the pack for a week. During thetime you would normally smoke, make a phone call, do work, do something time consuming. If you can go a week, tell me how bad those "cravings" get.

Seriously you sound like a clown. Keep smoking that same pack for the next year, then recap us on how much a "habit" it has become for you. It willbe the first ever Niketalk Case study

yo, i'm trying to quit....and obviously you haven't been smoking long enough to see how hard it is too quit.
and i haven't even been smoking that long, but i can see how addicting it is....

Dude should have bought a pack and smoked it in a length of an hour.... maybe you would have felt the effects or something the next day.

I know what you mean though, you tried to see if it was true but your experiment was not conducted right. I have smoked one cigarette in my life just to seewhat all the hype

was about and I was disappointed, If I remember correctly I felt a little buzz and thats all, I rather stick to the REEEFFEEEERRR.... but thats another story.

Try again and tell us how it was lolz but really dont.

I think a person should smoke like 5 packs in order to feel the addicting effects. Over time the habit is formed and addiction kicks in. Habit+Nicotine= Onehell of a drug?

I would smoke for a year if I had something to prove to myself, but why put myself through that. I'm trying to descredit the idea of it being an addiction(and I'm not doing that good of a job apparantly), not the fact that it causes cancer.

No seriously if you want me to take you as valid, smoke for 2 months straight.

Nicotine withdrawal takes 3 days, but nicotine doesn't completely leave your body until after 4-6 weeks.

You simply didn't build up enough nicotine reserve to actually feel a withdrawal. But it's also possible that you did not recognize what withdrawalsymptoms feel like.

I would say that is equal to doing one line of cocaine and then saying that it doesn't even give you a buzz.

Originally Posted by JordanXI45

Where as ciggs contain nicotine, which like I said is MORE addictive then heroin.

i don't know man, i think that is a strong statement. unless you actually tried heroine, i don't think you can make that claim. i've never seenpatients in the hospital treated for nicotine withdrawal, heroine on the other hand is serious business, you go into seizures and could quite possibly die.

thanks for the advice though, but i won't go on that road. i didn't mention that i used to smoke for 3 years and got used to it, until i decided toquit and stayed off for 3 years. now i just bum once in a while because i refuse to pay these NY prices, with this, gas, and my beloved rice, i won't bepaying for smokes. i'd rather make moves and eat good
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by solesurvi0r7

That's kinda what I'm saying. if you smoke, it's habit forming, not addiction worthy. But there's no appeal to it rather than on a social aspect, wo why bother?

The little times that I have smoked, I get this little high after each cig. So no appeal? I don't think so.
Plus I think your argument is dumb. Have a nice day.

Originally Posted by solesurvi0r7

Upon watching many Truth commercials, I decided to test out smoking for myself. I come to you, my NT bretheren, baring my personal truths in exchange for yours (open discussion ftw?)

I purchased a pack of Newport 100s about a month ago in an attempt to find out what's really good with lighting up. For the record, I've never smoked anything in my life. I proceeded to smoking one or two per day. I didn't suffer from loss of breath, didn't cough uncontrolably, didn't get cancer (granted it was only one pack) and I'm still here to tell the tale so we can rule death out of the equation. I've come to the conclusion that it was, indeed, a typo a typo a typo.

But on the flipside, I'm not addicted. In fact, it's been nearly two weeks since I've puffed. This brings me to believe that there isn't any dependency associated with smoking and all who claim to be addicted to the nicotine, or whatever else is found in '"cancer sticks", are like Kyle's dad in the episode where he suffers from alcoholism... or Will Ferrel in Blades of Glory when he said being a sexoholic was a serious illness.

Discuss.

roll.gif
you have to be kidding me. Since you smoked only one pack in twoweeks and you're not addicted, there could be no possible way nicotine can be addictive. Let's just ignore all the scientific research about howaddictive nicotine is
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by TraPpStar

So let me get this straight. A commercial that was intended to motivate users to quit by exposing the hazardous chemicals present in tobacco actually motivated you to START smoking? That's classic.
roll.gif

it's very hard to quit smoking been trying to quit for years. but really I think the hard part to quit is the hand to mouth motion.

I find it hard to believe that you smoking one pack within two weeks and your able to make a claim that smoking cigarettes is not addicting.

You say you didnt recieve loss of breath/uncontrollable coughing/cancer etc etc.
Im guessing the loss of breat is due to your lungs becomming "black" or "dying" to put it into simpler terms.
The smokers cough will not develop with one pack of cigarettes you could smoke for a whole year and not develop a "smokers cough."

The fact that you have never smoked anything in your life. Did you smoke the cigarette correctly? Did you inhale the smoke?
Usually when people start smoking they experience a slight lightheaded feeling or a smokers buzz to describe it.
If you didnt feel that at all i doubt you were inhaling the smoke.

It also takes awhile to develop an "addiction" to nicotine.
Think of caffine people say that they are addicted to caffine because they feel like their bodies need it to stay awake, wake up in the morning etc etc.
But just because you drink a 6 pack in a week doesnt mean your gonna be addicted to it.
But drinking a 6 pack a day for months, it would make sense if your body creates a dependency for it.
Same thing goes for cigarettes.

Ive been smoking for years and it sucks i know i should stop but its difficult especially when you have people around you that smoke as well.

And like most of the people have been saying try smoking for a few months then stop cold turkey then you would have a better argument.

Back
Top Bottom