Breaking Bad, Mad Men, The Wire, and The Sopranos - An analysis by Chuck Klosterman

He makes some good points, namely about how the central character has made such a dramatic transformation that it no longer matters what he does, people will still root for him. I'm not sure we've ever seen a central character change that much. I would say that the kids in the Wire were changing pretty frequently, and I think Stringer changed a ton from the beginning.

For me, I think it goes:
The Wire
Breaking Bad
The Sopranos
Mad Men

I read this the other day. Great article by the way. Bill Simmons' website is fantastic.

Personally I don't rank them as First, Second or Third (The Wire, Sopranos or Mad Men) they are all fantastic shows that are all in my mind as good as each other for different reasons. They are different enough to not be put in the same category and stand alone as great TV.

It did make me want to go and download Breaking Bad to see what it is all about.

I personally still don't get why people think Lost was good, I never could get into that show it just seemed so convoluted and aimless.

I read this the other day. Great article by the way. Bill Simmons' website is fantastic.

Personally I don't rank them as First, Second or Third (The Wire, Sopranos or Mad Men) they are all fantastic shows that are all in my mind as good as each other for different reasons. They are different enough to not be put in the same category and stand alone as great TV.

It did make me want to go and download Breaking Bad to see what it is all about.

I personally still don't get why people think Lost was good, I never could get into that show it just seemed so convoluted and aimless.

Back
Top Bottom