Breaking Bad Thread - "El Camino" - A Breaking Bad Movie on Netflix 10/11

Yep that whole conversation about Victor/Gus and Icarus had to be directed towards Jesse. Walt is trying to put his foot down and be THE dominating force in this business and Jesse is compromising that because he doesn't want any confrontation with anyone. That's where Walt could be getting tired of him. Walt is definitely branching out on his own above everyone else and it won't end well for him.

Jesse's character arc has become just as important as Walt's so he holds the key in a lot of this.

Finally completely caught up to this show. :pimp:

Jesse becoming more likeable and Walt becoming less likeable. :nerd: :smh:

I don't even know what to expect for the ending of this.

the more i see skylar smoking (and how big of an issue it was this episode).. i'm starting to think that's how the ricin cigarette comes back into play

But Walt took the ricin out and hit it behind the light socket cover...

its not even a mintue's wk to make another one.......

The final talk between Jesse/Walt this episode is gonna lead to someone's death... my best guess is that Todd dude, though it was a threat to Jesse and Mike... Walt's gonna channel his inner Gus and send them a message by offing him. It would be fitting.

You can also argue right now that it could end up being ironic because Walt himself could be Icarus and he will be the one that ends up failing because he tried to do too much and disregarded everything that was given to him because of ambition.

Icarus's father Daedalus, a talented and remarkable Athenian craftsman, built the Labyrinth for King Minos of Crete near his palace at Knossos to imprison the Minotaur, a half-man, half-bull monster born of his wife and the Cretan bull. Minos imprisoned Daedalus himself in the labyrinth because he gave Minos' daughter, Ariadne, a clew[2] (or ball of string) in order to help Theseus, the enemy of Minos, to survive the Labyrinth and defeat the Minotaur.

Daedalus fashioned two pairs of wings out of wax and feathers for himself and his son. Daedalus tried his wings first, but before taking off from the island, warned his son not to fly too close to the sun, nor too close to the sea, but to follow his path of flight. Overcome by the giddiness that flying lent him, Icarus soared through the sky curiously, but in the process he came too close to the sun, which melted the wax. Icarus kept flapping his wings but soon realized that he had no feathers left and that he was only flapping his bare arms, and so Icarus fell into the sea in the area which today bears his name, the Icarian Sea near Icaria, an island southwest of Samos.[

Last edited:
Yep that whole conversation about Victor/Gus and Icarus had to be directed towards Jesse. Walt is trying to put his foot down and be THE dominating force in this business and Jesse is compromising that because he doesn't want any confrontation with anyone. That's where Walt could be getting tired of him. Walt is definitely branching out on his own above everyone else and it won't end well for him.
Jesse's character arc has become just as important as Walt's so he holds the key in a lot of this.
A thought I had....Remember when Mike was laying out the rules for the pest control employees to follow in regards to Walt/Jesse?  He said NEVER speak to them.  Well, Todd did and obviously Walt/Jesse noticed.

In thinking about what Walt was saying in reference to Victor, I wonder if Todd will be that sacrifical lamb to prove a point?  I'm still sticking to my theory that the Victor reference was made towards Jesse...but I think Walt make an example of Todd just to flex his muscle. 

the more i see skylar smoking (and how big of an issue it was this episode).. i'm starting to think that's how the ricin cigarette comes back into play
skylar aint his blood , she cheated on a man with cancer.he should only care about his daughter and his son

IM TELLING YALL by the series finale the gonna play the scene of walt in the doctor's lobby with the younger dude with cancer

from last season out and the doctor's gonna tell him he's made a complete recovery  , it would show he's completley broken

bad as he could of just gon back to teaching , as long as he has cancer his intentions are still good , save for his younger daughter

Last edited:
Maybe the Scarface scene isn't necessarily foreshadowing his death but foreshadowing how he's gonna use that gun he bought in the cold scene. If you remember, the reason Tony went all crazy was because they killed his sister, so i'm gonna guess someone kills somebody from Walt's family.

It seems like this episode had a lot of foreshadowing in most of the scenes.

Scarface downfall is coming!

The face-off with Hank and Mike was EPIC.... great TV... Mike's face at the end :lol:

Whhhaaaat? Why do they split it like that? This is the first season I'm watching week to week... Is this how they've always done it?

No. Season 1 if i remember right was 7 eps while season 2,3 and 4 were all 13. I think it came down to something over contracts so AMC gave us one more season but extended it by 3 eps rather than just give us a full sixth season. So we lose out on about 10 eps overall :smh:

Finally completely caught up to this show. :pimp:

Jesse becoming more likeable and Walt becoming less likeable. :nerd: :smh:
I can't even remember the last time I liked Walt. I guess we're not supposed to like him anyway since he's now the bad guy of the show.

Cool to see Brandon back in this episode. The guy is a doofus.

I can't even remember the last time I liked Walt. I guess we're not supposed to like him anyway since he's now the bad guy of the show.

Skinny on the Yamaha tho. :wow: :wow: :pimp:

Skinny on the Yamaha tho.
eek.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif
Yeah man, Pete was jamming.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

i rewatched the closing scene, and it's 100% about Mike getting too close to the operation and being in jeopardy of his life being taken by Walt. He doesn't want a "victor-like" situation happening to him and his cooking.

Mike is going to die.

i thought he meant mike is gonna need to get cut..... a la victor
it couldnt be more blatantly obvious (imo) that it was bout Todd's "hey sir theres a nanny cam in the living room"

on day one after being told that walt and jesse don't exist and to only speak when spoken too. i think slowly

todd's character is to try and give walt and jesse more advice and what not in hopes to move up the ranks.

problem is that causes competetion amongst soldiers making them more deceptable to backstabbing/betrayal.

probably why gus always had mike bring guys from the outside that barely spoke.

Last edited:
Season 5 is supposed to 16 eps. We should have 5 more eps this summer and 8 eps next summer. But yea **** AMC for not just giving us a full sixth season
mad.gif
it's for the better season 3/4 had had filler episodes ...this season is starting off awesome! 3 good episodes

and episode 5 is suppose to get crazy

Aaron Paul Answers Fan Questions
Emmy-winner Aaron Paul answers fan questions about the best prank he ever pulled on set, the potential for a TwaughtHammer reunion, and the one quality he shares with his character, Jesse Pinkman.

Q: Hey Aaron, what was your favorite scene to film so far in the first four seasons of Breaking Bad? --Harrisonator

A: That's such a hard question to answer. I like the lighter scenes because it's such a dark show. The pilot was great -- the scene outside of the bank when Walt is getting money for the Winnebago and Jesse tells him how he's now how he remembers him from class. That was the very first scene from Breaking Bad I shot. Any sort of physical fighting I do with Bryan is fun, also.

Q: What is your personal favorite scene or line from the series --Vartan

A: "This is my own private domicile, *****." That's definitely up there. Anytime Jesse feels the need to say, "Yo," and "*****," I get really excited about it. And "Yo" has definitely come into my day-to-day existence.

Q: Yo, who taught you how to insult people and call them BlTCH? --Michael Louis Kruger Paciocco

A: Vince Gilligan definitely taught me how to do it. He just wrote in on the page.

Q: Jesse still refers to Walt as Mr. White, the same as when Walt was Jesse's high school chem teacher. After all the two of them have been through together, why do you think Jesse still calls him that? --ritzcracker

A: I have no idea, I love it though. Whenever I run into a teacher of mine back in Idaho, I tend to call them, "Mr. Link," or "Mrs. Thompson." I know their full name but I guess it's maybe out of respect. Jesse did call Mr. White "Walt" one time.

Q: Do you and Jesse have anything in common? --Ashley Nicol

A: Not so much to be honest -- and that's a good thing. But he has a soft spot for kids and I definitely have that also. I have so many nieces and nephews and I can't wait to have kids one day. I think Jesse Pinkman would make an excellent father -- but not right now. He needs to hang up his cleats, get out of the drug business for a while and grow up.

Q: I often wonder how many people must call you Jesse in real life and if anyone treats you like they would treat Jesse. --Candace Shively

A: Yeah, people come up to me all the time calling me Jesse Pinkman and yelling, "Yo, *****!" I can tell where they're at in the show when they say, "I hate you!" or, "What are you doing?" or, "You are going to get everybody killed!"

Q: If Jesse were to exist in real life, and you met him, what would you say to him? --Talia

A: Get it together man! And stay the hell away from Walter White. And I would tell him all of Walt's darkest secrets and open up his eyes to reality.

Q: Is there something in particular that you think about to bring on the tears? They move me to well up in my own eyes and surprise me every time Jesse goes to shed a tear. - Erin Ryan

A: You know I don't even draw on my life experiences when I'm acting. I just try and make it feel like I'm living through that person's skin. So I think about what Jesse's going through at that moment.

Q: Is there any part of New Mexico that you will miss when filming wraps up? - Luke Armijo

A: There are a lot of parts of New Mexico that I'm going to miss. I fell in love with that city during the first season and fell in love with the entire state in the seasons after that. I own a place there and I'm going to keep it, so I'll go back. And I'm going to miss the family of Breaking Bad.

Q: What's the best prank you've played on a cast member of Breaking Bad? - chickenmeth

A: Bryan and I are always messing with each other. We were shooting a scene -- the last scene of Season 4, we were on the rooftop of a parking garage and we kept playing a joke on our crew members who were down on the street. We kept pouring water on them, but they couldn't tell where it was coming from, so they would move down the street -- and we would just follow them. By the end of it they were pretty wet, and still had no idea where it was coming from.

Q: Will there ever be a TwaughtHammer reunion? --Trench

A: I surely hope so. The band needs to get back together.

Q: Other than Ice Road Truckers, what other shows does Jesse Pinkman watch while he's not cooking in the kitchen? - Laura Franek

A: Oh he's obsessed with Pawn Stars, probably The Deadliest Catch and maybe some Family Guy. But I think Ice Road Truckers is really his go-to.

Q: My question is would Jesse survive a zombie apocalypse, and if so how would he do so? - Rose Lovering

A: That is the greatest question I have ever heard. I think Jesse would find some sort of bunker, fill it up with Funyons and Cheez Whiz and just hide out and enjoy his life alone.

Bryan Cranston Answers Fan Questions (Part I)
In the first part of Bryan Cranston's chat with fans, the three-time Emmy winner describes what he and Walt learned from Gustavo Fring and imagines Walter White's last meal.

Q: Walt appears to have chanelled his former mentor/adversary Gustavo Fring. What have you been doing as an actor to prepare for that level of controlled, calm, intense presence that Giancarlo Esposito mastered with his yoga mindset? -- Dtapped

A: Deep breathing is always a good exercise, but I'm a runner instead of a yoga exercisor. But really, it's mutual. Bryan respects Giancarlo as a man and as an actor and I learned from him in both those regards. Walt respected Gus in an odd way, too, how he conducted himself, how he was clear in thought, and the absolute determination and drive he had. And knowing that now he is the kingpin, I think he learned from Gus too how to present himself. You may notice Walter is standing straighter. At the beginning of the show I wanted him to have a posture that was slumped and shlubby, the weight of the world was on his shoulders. Now that weight is off, and he's wearing the crown, and you need to have good posture, with your shoulders back, you have to stand up straight when you're wearing the crown -- otherwise it will fall off.

Q: As the show progresses, we start seeing more Heisenberg and less Walter White. If we think of these two as individuals, which one do you enjoy playing the most? -- Crabjock

A: I can't differentiate between the two, he's too close to me. He is one in the same -- you can't cut one out, because the other would die. One's the muscle, one's the brain -- and it's fun to play this guy who's become this badass.

Q: How do you think Walter White would want to be remembered? -- Ken Wynns

A: Respectfully. I think that's very important for him. And he was getting it when he was praised anonymously in manufacturing the finest methamphetamine in the world. And he relished that praise and the infamy that went along with it. That's his goal. He's very much a prideful man.

Q: What would you like to see Walt's "Last Meal" consist of? -- diksee

A: His last meal? That's presuming that he's going to die. He might, but I am saying that, in all sincere honesty, I don't know. I've never asked Vince [Gilligan] what's going to happen or how it's going to happen. I'm in exactly the same place as the audience will be after Season 5. But what would I want? Scrambled eggs, bacon, maybe some Funyons on the side. Everything that we've eaten on the show. Some scotch, some bourbon, probably some of that Pollos Hermanos chicken, it's good stuff.

Q: While it is sad to see Breaking Bad leave, how do you feel about the ending of the show? -- sendmorecops

A: Actually right now with this second to last season I feel fine, I feel good. We finished it. It's a good season and fans are going to get into it. There's a lot of crazy stuff that goes on. And then I'm looking forward to the last season that will culminate in a climax that I can't wait to find out about. At that time, I may have a different answer.

Q: Do you plan to maintain a residence in Albuquerque after the show wraps? What's your favorite Albuquerque restaurant? -- Robspiegel

A: I do. I own a house there and greatly enjoy my time there. I may be able to come back and visit and also work some more in Albuquerque. I've developed a lot of friendships and places I like to go, so it's been great for me. In terms of restaurant, I think for dinner I enjoy going out to El Pinto because of the food and the guys who own the restaurant and the general manager. I enjoy the atmosphere, the food and the drinks and it's pretty festive. And as a great standby, you can't beat Flying Star.

Bryan Cranston Answers Fan Questions (Part II)
In Part II of Bryan Cranston's fan interview, the Breaking Bad star reminisces about his favorite moments from past seasons and imagines how Walter White would get along with an adult Malcolm from Malcolm in the Middle.

Q: Throughout the series, what has been the most difficult episode for you to work on? -- Mbizzaco

A: I'll give the coldest and the hottest. The coldest was in Season 2, when Saul Goodman was first introduced to the show and Walt and Jesse kidnap him and take him out in the desert. I think that night it was in the teens, and the wind was blowing hard and cold. We were shaking and after each take, they'd yell "Cut!" and we'd help Bob [Odenkirk] up because he was handcuffed, and we'd all go running into the RV just to warm up. The hottest was probably in Season 2, also. I think we were doing an episode out in the middle of the desert, "4 Days Out." Jesse and Walt were out cooking in the desert for four days, and we were shooting out in the sun in the afternoon, we couldn't block the sun because we'd block the light. It was just burning. And this time we'd step into the RV just to cool off.

Q: What is your favorite memory on set with your co-star Aaron Paul? -- Tobias

A: I have two. One is when I was in his apartment and we were doing a scene, really serious. I said, "I told you, I want you to handle it." I'm giving him a gun, to handle, and I reached into my pocket and I pulled out this phallic squirt gun and squirted him. And he just busted up. And then I think it was Season 1 or 2, early on. We had just finished a scene in the desert and it was hot and we had sand in our faces from the wind and it was pretty uncomfortable conditions. On our way to lunch, we're walking next to each other and he says, "Isn't this great what we get to do?" I said, "Aaron, that's my wish for you. That you always feel that way about what we're able to do for a living." It really let me know who that man was at heart.

Q: What is the most embarrassing thing that has happened to you on the set of the show? -- Cinderellinger

A: We were doing a scene where I was naked and in order to overcome being naked I usually go outward with my personality, to feel more comfortable. We were doing a scene in the store, in Season 2, those fans who know it will remember the "fugue state" when Tuco grabbed us and was going to kill us. So Walt tried to attribute the fugue state thing to the cancer drugs and in order to sell that idea it had to be this momentous thing, where Walt stripped naked in a grocery store. There I am standing bare-*** naked in a grocery store, and a manager of the store was walking past me and I go, "Can you tell me what aisle the pickles are on?" He started to answer me, and then caught himself and became more embarrassed than I did!

Q: What is one your favorite lines of dialogue you've delivered as Walter White? -- Quinn

A: "I am the danger."

Q: If you could have played any character on Breaking Bad besides Walter White, who would it be, and why? -- Spexxy

A: I would probably choose Saul Goodman. He has funny lines and he's a great character. He swims in the opposite direction of most of the other characters, and I think he'd be the most fun to play, aside from Walter.

Q: When the show is finished, is there any prop or costume you'd want to keep? -- Sean Tollefson

A: Out of the wardrobe department, there will be one less pork pie Heisenberg hat in storage, so I'll take one of those, the one I wear. I'll probably put in on my mantle in my office. Maybe his sunglasses or regular glasses, too -- something that went through the years with me on it.

Q: You're cast as the titular character in the biopic of a public figure (past or present) you greatly admire. Who would it be, and why? -- Kealan Patrick Burke

A: The first thing off the top of my head is John Wayne. I've had a couple friends and several other people who I don't even know say I have a similar look to John Wayne, and I've always thought he was such a fascinating character and what an incredible impact he had on the film industry and on audiences! If anyone wanted to do that, I'd be interested in playing such a guy. And then I'd have a reason to do research.

Q: Would you rather fight 12 duck-sized horses, or 1 horse-sized duck? Which would Walter White choose? WE NEED TO KNOW! -- zkrauss

A: I'd rather go with the 12 duck-sized horses, because I think they'd look really cute, those little tiny horses. And then I'd kill them all.

Q: Would a grown-up Malcolm from Malcolm in the Middle be an adversary to Walt? -- TVisms

A: No I'm thinking that Frankie Muniz would make a guest appearance and we form a father and son type of bond where we appreciate each other's level of intelligence and we make beautiful meth together

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom