Breaking Bad Thread - "El Camino" - A Breaking Bad Movie on Netflix 10/11

Cops drove right by walts car before he removed the ice.

Lydia usually sits at the table by the window..this time she was in the middle..how did he know this would happen?

And my BIGGEST Question...

HOW DID HE PUT RICIN IN LITTLE PACKET AND HAVE IT SEALED UP PERFECTLY?!?!

iLLest!

The man built a robot machine gun in the trunk of his car, armed with only a car alarm.

I think he can figure out a sugar packet. :lol:

Not going by what he said. I'm going by how the show was written. If he really felt that way he should have written it in.

Jesse goes to jail... Gets traded for cigarettes (no ricin)... In the Warden's office every week like:

:lol:

he had every reason to believe that walt was alone out there, if you are going to say its hank's fault for wasting time then i can say that walt is to be blamed for hiding behind the rock for so long or calling in the nazis in the first place. after nearly dying twice, and all the stress he has been through hank has finally caught walt. i would say he has a right to be excited and taunt walt

i dont buy that... thats your brother in law. you been close for years... always having parties n gatherings n ****. have some **** loyalty man. not saying its not gonna be a tough decision on turning him in but they made hank go stone cold like that was the first time they ever met.

if i was hank i would have been conflicted in my decision. this dude straight up wanted to get him anyway he could wether he popped jesse or confessed. this dude had this hidden hate for him come out all of a sudden...

so yea hank's ego got him killed...

:lol:  at jessie in alaska

he has no money for gas, no place to live, no passport and is a wanted criminal with no criminal friends to help him out

how the hell will he drive to alaska?

you forgot about the two best hitmen in the west lol

but yea everyone is dead except for jesse. he was the last person seen with hank and gomie wwhile they were alive. naturally he will be the number one suspect and will eventually turn up because he burnt his bridges with the vacuum guy already...

I think someone explained it in here already, but what was the deal with Walt leaving the watch on top of the payphone?
simply that he was finally out of time.
the technical reason is that they filmed the ihop scene for s4ep1 before writing the rest of the season, so he didnt have the watch on. later in the season jessie gives him the watch so they had to show him getting rid of the watch before going to ihop or fans would have pointed it out

I think someone explained it in here already, but what was the deal with Walt leaving the watch on top of the payphone?

on one hand it's to keep up continuity because his watch was shown in the flashforwards shot for the first 8 episodes of this season

on the other hand some are saying he knows after what he has planned for the next day he won't have any time left so there's no need for a watch

On that note does anyone feel like the flashforwards kinda took the steam out of the element of surprise for the whole finale/last 8 episodes? Like I still have no qualms about how it all ended but a lot of the predictions were dead on and there were no loose ends because they made everything obvious

On that note does anyone feel like the flashforwards kinda took the steam out of the element of surprise for the whole finale/last 8 episodes? Like I still have no qualms about how it all ended but a lot of the predictions were dead on and there were no loose ends because they made everything obvious

hindsight is definitely 20/20, and they could probably done without a few scenes, specifically the Denny's scene.

However, Gilligans stated recently, when they filmed that Dennys scene in particular, they didnt even know how they were going to use it, or how the show was going to end. they were forced to use it obviously, because they included it. but, cant really hold it against them, as they didn't really have it all planned out and were instead working through it and developing it on the fly.

"The writers of “Breaking Bad” gave Walter White his M60 before they knew who it would kill.

Vince Gilligan says in the final “Breaking Bad Insider” podcast that he and his team had no idea, when they gave Walt the machine gun at the start of the final season, that he would eventually motorize it mow down Neo Nazis. They didn’t even know the show would have Neo Nazis.

It was a classic case of the “Breaking Bad” writers writing themselves into a corner and trying to find a way out. They created Uncle Jack’s gang in part because they needed villains worthy of a massacre, Gilligan said.

“We went through every possibility in the book,” he said. “You’re planting a flag at that point… We were saying you know what? An M60 machine gun, Rambo’s machine gun, something cool has to happen with that. We’ll figure it out later.

:pimp:

http://www.businessinsider.com/breaking-bad-alternate-endings-2013-10#ixzz2gbedaCpW

Last edited:
Cops drove right by walts car before he removed the ice.

Lydia usually sits at the table by the window..this time she was in the middle..how did he know this would happen?

And my BIGGEST Question...

HOW DID HE PUT RICIN IN LITTLE PACKET AND HAVE IT SEALED UP PERFECTLY?!?!

iLLest!

He's a Nobel Prize winning, genius scientist. It's not difficult to seal up a package. You open the top or cut it with a knife then seal it with glue. Nobody inspects sugar packets before they use them. Unless you're looking for it being tampered with, you probably wouldn't notice a thing.

The cops probably drove past a lot of cars, no reason to suspect Walt's car.

And I'm pretty sure Lydia sat at a few tables during the montage, I don't recall if the other tables were occupied this time, but if they weren't, call it a lucky guess on Walt's part.

Last edited:

I heard something that said in the flash forward in ep 1, Walt did not have the watch on his wrist. Something they simply overlooked. So to explain that (since everyone examines everything now) they intentionally had him take his watch off and leave it on the phone, so that the Denny's scene would match up perfectly.

I have not confirmed that myself with ep 1, just a blurb I caught somewhere.

Just watch the "King of New York" again on netflix. It's a lot of similarities to the way Walt and Frank White died.

walt was coughing, mustve placed the ricin in the box then, cause i remember that part. he was coughing, and i was like where is he putting ****, the tea is not even there yet lol.

as for the putting it in the packet, i'll let it slide. just like a bunch of other things that were perfectly placed lol.

let homie die in peace.

he could've also just put a little ricin in all the packets at all those tables by the window.  
laugh.gif

walt was coughing, mustve placed the ricin in the box then, cause i remember that part. he was coughing, and i was like where is he putting ****, the tea is not even there yet lol.

as for the putting it in the packet, i'll let it slide. just like a bunch of other things that were perfectly placed lol.

let homie die in peace.
You really think Walt slipped the ricin packet while he was coughing?? Are you serious? 
indifferent.gif

It hasn't crossed your mind that he could place the ricin packet at the table before lydia even got there? 

I heard something that said in the flash forward in ep 1, Walt did not have the watch on his wrist. Something they simply overlooked. So to explain that (since everyone examines everything now) they intentionally had him take his watch off and leave it on the phone, so that the Denny's scene would match up perfectly.

I have not confirmed that myself with ep 1, just a blurb I caught somewhere.

That's exactly what happened.

I think its kinda crazy, if true, the writers put the m60 out there and then figured out a way to tie it all in/back.

Just rewatched...found it interesting that in the scene with Lydia and Todd and the coffee shop walt is in his grubby clothes, the army jacket and jeans and boots, but when he goes to see skyler he's back in his beige jacket, khakis, green shirt and Wallabys...maybe he dressed up for skyler since that was the last time he saw her...either way that scene got me choked up along with him and holly and him watchin jr thru the window...also glad the way he died was that he got hit then died shortly after, after talkin with jessie and walkin around...if he died by gettin blasted by someone and dying right on the spot my heart wouldnt be able to take it...RIP Walt

Last edited:
Did anyone point out that in the pilot he thought the cops were coming for him when he heard the sirens and in the finale the same thing happened (thinking the cops were going to get him)

Don't know if this has been posted yet, but interesting theory...

http://philly.barstoolsports.com/ar...actually-died-in-snowy-car-is-probably-right/

Interesting theory, but didn't Gilligan pretty much debunk this with what he was saying about there being no loose ends? Remember, he wanted the the ending of BB to be different than The Sopranos. McDonald's theory is right up there with how The Sopranos ended as well as Lost. Not exactly how Gilligan went about his business, IMO.

The only thing they could not wrap up nicely was amending Walt's relationship with Flynn. Incidentally that was the most difficult scene to watch, surpassing watching him actually die. He saw Skyler. Maybe he didn't make peace with her but he got a chance to explain himself and what happened to Hank. He admitted he did what he did for himself, which doesn't make up for anything but is somewhat redeeming.

He set things as straight as he could with Grey Matter, Jesse and even saw his daughter. But at the time of his death, unless we are to assume Skyler explained to Flynn what happened, Flynn was the only person who still had a true hatred for him. He was the only one he could not reach.

Back
Top Bottom