BREAKING NEWS: Dallas TEXAS officer shoots UNARMED man FOUR TIMES in airport

with how the state of cops vs "bad guys" is...

dont do anything stupid when dealing with an officer.

problem solved.

also yall have to remember this happened at the airport.

no games being played at an airport.

you make one wrong move, you dead.

I also think they rely on guns way too fast. After seeing the guy has a rock in his hand, switch to pepper spray or a taser.

But it all comes down to I really think a lot of cops really just want to shoot somebody

Fax

if you throwing them big *** rocks and you come charging at me im letting off..simple as that. 

if you throwing them big *** rocks and you come charging at me im letting off..simple as that. 

I'm going to make a few assumptions here. Tell me if I'm in correct...

-You're not a cop.
-You haven't gone through extensive Academy training (1 Year +)
-You haven't sat through risk assessment videos/trainings, in wake of the recent Police Brutality accusations.

I could be wrong on these, let me know.

Tasers has proven to be effective in apprehending suspects, but most importantly, saving lives.

A Rock is not a reason to shoot aman.

Tasers has proven to be effective in apprehending suspects, but most importantly, saving lives.

Sometimes tasers do absolutely nothing and when someone is charging at you you might not even have time to pull it out. Also a cop has to worry about the criminal grabbing his gun.

Last edited:

-You're not a cop.
-You haven't sat through risk assessment videos/trainings, in wake of the recent Police Brutality accusations.

you are correct with everything you said except the last line. 

but i still don't think it's the cops fault this time...and im no police apologist by any stretch.

i agree i don't think he deserves to die but i what do you expect charging at a cop?

what do you personally think would happen if you were to go throwing big *** rocks at a car and then charge the cop in an airport?

would you charge at anyone with a gun?

Last edited:
Is one year extensive though? maybe the fact that a lot of it is on the job training is the problem.

Sometimes tasers do absolutely nothing and when someone is charging at you you might not even have time to pull it out. Also a cop has to worry about the criminal grabbing his gun.
Tasers take longer to pull out than a gun??

if it was a white woman... she would be alive right now.

throwing rocks at her cheating husband, then lunging at the cops cuz she still upset...

cops pulling out that gun and shooting her 4 5 times?

miss me with that "lunging at a cop what do you expect"

Last edited:
Dude is an idiot for lunging at a cop, but who knows what was going on in his head. When someone is going through some domestic issues, that's when emotions are at their highest and **** tends to pop off.

Did the cop draw his gun and issue warnings, or did he just pull out and start clapping? Seems like a public display of domestic violence didn't really need to end in a fatality, especially when the perp didn't have a lethal weapon.

They need to let us regular citizens have the same defensive tactics as an officer. If someone lunges at me with a rock in hand I should have the right to shoot them 4 times as well.

but i still don't think it's the cops fault this time...and im no police apologist by any stretch.

i agree i don't think he deserves to die but i what do you expect charging at a cop?
what do you personally think would happen if you were to go throwing big *** rocks at a car and then charge the cop in an airport?

I understand if a citizen were to shoot someone charging with a rock, or anything putting them in harms way, but officers are taught to engage in de-escalating tactics before pulling the trigger, let alone 4 times.

if it was a white woman... she would be alive right now.

throwing rocks at her cheating husband, then lunging at the cops cuz she still upset...

cops pulling out that gun and shooting her 4 5 times?

miss me with that "lunging at a cop what do you expect"

View media item 2063672

-You're not a cop.

-You're not a cop.

Ok, there's a lot of ignorance flying around in here and I'm gonna catch a lot of flame for this but I don't care.  

First to meet the prerequisites made by @toast1985

I am a police officer.

I've completed two of the hardest academies in the country totaling about 45 weeks of training (not a year but close enough).

I've also done a **** ton of use of force and police brutality training because of all the current events in the US and the world.

And to set the record straight, I'm not going to defend the cop at all because I'm not going to make any opinions based off of a half assed news report and a cell phone video that really doesn't show or prove a damn thing.  I'm just going to lay down what most likely went through the mind of officer when dealing with this particular suspect.

1.  Lets assume that he was told that there was a man armed with rocks destroying the windows of a car.  Because of this, he has to assume that the man is violent and willing to harm people, because that is how he was trained.

2.  Lets assume that the officer confronts the suspect, the suspect doesn't back down, and he sees that the suspect is holding a baseball sized rock (another assumption for the sake of simplicity).

3.  This is the point where I want everyone else to put themselves in the position of the officer.  You see the suspect "lunge" (as it was written in the news report) towards you with a rock.  What would happen if he hit you in the head and knocked you out.  Could he have taken your weapons and harmed other people?  Could he have cracked you skull then and there killing you? Could you have fallen and cracked you head on the ground?  Could he have gone for another person potentially injuring them or killing them? Police are not trained to meet force with equal force, they are trained to meet force with superior force.  And generally speaking, if a person is armed, tasers, pepper spray and batons are out of the question.  Even if the suspect could potentially kill or seriously injure  an officer or another person, guns are coming out.

4.  There's a lot that we also do not know either.  We don't know the story of the crime behind the car and why the suspect was acting in the fashion he was.  We don't know if the officer saw another weapon.  We also don't know how accurate the eyewitness statements were (ie: most eyewitnesses suck, so good cops don't rely on them, they rely on hard evidence).  We don't know the conversation had between the officer and the suspect.  We also don't know if the officer and the suspect had prior history or if the suspect had a history of violent crime or not.  Let's also consider that at an airport, the stakes are higher because it is a small area with a lot of people packed together.

The biggest point I'm trying to make is that nobody should jump to conclusions before all the facts are out.  But that people will because we are all biased and love to **** on the police even when the police do everything right.  It sucks that a man got killed and that all those people had too see it, but I'm encouraging everyone to think critically about this before the debate devolves into everyone yelling **** the police.

Last edited:
They need to let us regular citizens have the same defensive tactics as an officer. If someone lunges at me with a rock in hand I should have the right to shoot them 4 times as well.
You're in Arizona, so you do have that right. It's called "stand your ground."

Why do these dudes even carry tasers?
So they can say: "I thought it was my taser."
laugh.gif

Why are black men seemingly always super powered in cops eyes so much that the only way to take us down is with multiple bullets but others aren't

Back
Top Bottom