*Breaking News* - Deron Williams to the Nets

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

*waits for 'BREAKING NEWS: former Jazz coach Jerry Sloan comes out of retirement'*

roll.gif
that would be crazy if it happened....the damn ink isnt even dry yet

Originally Posted by grittyman20

if the nets aren't a playoff team come next all star break, will dwill make the team? not that dwill can't get himself into the 8th seed in the east...
If Blake Griffin and K Love can make it on their sorry $!% teams, then I'm sure D Will can make it as well.

Ray Allen wont make any more All Star games, Williams is better than rondo and joe johnson. pretty sure he will make it

if the nets aren't a playoff team come next all star break, will dwill make the team? not that dwill can't get himself into the 8th seed in the east...
If Blake Griffin and K Love can make it on their sorry $!% teams, then I'm sure D Will can make it as well.

Ray Allen wont make any more All Star games, Williams is better than rondo and joe johnson. pretty sure he will make it

Hmmm i hope dwill resigns.

also this opens the door for the d12
nerd.gif

i also wonder if those draft picks are lottery protected
nerd.gif

Hmmm i hope dwill resigns.

also this opens the door for the d12
nerd.gif

i also wonder if those draft picks are lottery protected
nerd.gif

New CBA is up when it's time for Deron to re-up, but most likely, a player resigning with their own team for more $, most likely will still be on the table. If not that, there's been talks of the NBA adopting a 'franchise tag'

To get arguably the best PG in the game, for a lottery pick in a weak draft class, and a project in Favors, is still a good move for the Nets.

Wow just woke up and saw this on espn!!!!....D WIll is my boy, Jazz was one of my fav teams in 2k11 lol. damnnn, rannnndom

Wow just woke up and saw this on espn!!!!....D WIll is my boy, Jazz was one of my fav teams in 2k11 lol. damnnn, rannnndom

New CBA is up when it's time for Deron to re-up, but most likely, a player resigning with their own team for more $, most likely will still be on the table. If not that, there's been talks of the NBA adopting a 'franchise tag'

To get arguably the best PG in the game, for a lottery pick in a weak draft class, and a project in Favors, is still a good move for the Nets.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

WOW.....

Jazz re-tooling big time. GREAT move for Utah.

I'm curious to see what NJ does to build around Williams.

*Assuming that he re-ups...it's going to be Chris Paul or bust for the Knicks.  Which seems like a HUGE longshot because of their lack of cap flexibility. 

I'm sorry...but this Melo deal is looking worse and worse.
The problem for the Nets is they gave up two of their first round picks, so that potentially hurts their future/rebuild.
If he extends then it hurts the Knicks for sure, but I don't think the Melo deal looks that much worse. I don't think Utah would have dealt with us, we couldn't offer someone like Favors plus the draft picks. I would have preferred D-Will but I don't think we had the assets.

Are you saying that you would have prefered Williams over Melo?  If that's the case, I'm with you. 

*Nets fans...where do you go from here? 

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

WOW.....

Jazz re-tooling big time. GREAT move for Utah.

I'm curious to see what NJ does to build around Williams.

*Assuming that he re-ups...it's going to be Chris Paul or bust for the Knicks.  Which seems like a HUGE longshot because of their lack of cap flexibility. 

I'm sorry...but this Melo deal is looking worse and worse.
The problem for the Nets is they gave up two of their first round picks, so that potentially hurts their future/rebuild.
If he extends then it hurts the Knicks for sure, but I don't think the Melo deal looks that much worse. I don't think Utah would have dealt with us, we couldn't offer someone like Favors plus the draft picks. I would have preferred D-Will but I don't think we had the assets.

Are you saying that you would have prefered Williams over Melo?  If that's the case, I'm with you. 

*Nets fans...where do you go from here? 

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

yep so no more 4 c's in the asg %^&* it might only be 1 & thats KG ...d will would beat out ronho easy ..... seeing d will more every year is always good i might need those nj tickets for the last bulls game of the reg season now

yep so no more 4 c's in the asg %^&* it might only be 1 & thats KG ...d will would beat out ronho easy ..... seeing d will more every year is always good i might need those nj tickets for the last bulls game of the reg season now

Originally Posted by JrizzyJay

Wow..dumb trade for NJ. Great trade for Utah.

try again

Explain why its better for NJ than Utah? If one of those picks are for this years draft, their getting a lottery pick.

try again

Explain why its better for NJ than Utah? If one of those picks are for this years draft, their getting a lottery pick.

DJ's I don't think they have cap space at all to go anywhere for the next year or so. They're tied down financially with Lopez and those expensive wings/back ups.

DJ's I don't think they have cap space at all to go anywhere for the next year or so. They're tied down financially with Lopez and those expensive wings/back ups.

try again

They got the best player, and one of the best players in the NBA, in the deal, that's why its better.  Bringing up lottery picks in a !%+#$$ draft isnt going to help your argument.

Back
Top Bottom