BREAKING NEWS: Obama backs gay marriage.

This is kind of huge. Say what you want about it being politically motivated pandering. The fact of the matter is that no President in history has supported gay marriage in any way. Sucks to be an old fashioned bigot right now. 
let them gays cook.

pimp.gif
Good. Let them live how they please.

Meh how is it breaking when it broke like 4 hours ago
laugh.gif

Even though its politically motivated for the election/votes, just the fact that he would come out and actually make it public is unheard of. I think it is great, and I think this will really help him in the election. I mean the people that oppose gay marriage probably already opposed obama in the first place anyways. Crazy stuff though! People should be allowed to be happy.

Sweet. Once they're finally done with this, they can concentrate on other matters of freedom and personal choice.
pimp.gif

I kinda wish he would have waited till after the election to express this because I want him to win, but either way it takes alot of courage as President to say something like this during an election year.  I hope it doesn't backfire on him.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

I kinda wish he would have waited till after the election to express this because I want him to win, but either way it takes alot of courage as President to say something like this during an election year.  I hope it doesn't backfire on him.

yea takes balls..........big balls...............big black balls

Yea last elections he was against it when America was really unsure. NOOOW no really cares anymore and he was for it.

Congrats I guess, but this looks like a ploy for votes imo. Don't know how to feel bout this, not necessarily the gay part but the fact he's "using" them.

Originally Posted by ME NO PASS

yea takes balls..........big balls...............big black balls

The *%*%?
laugh.gif

As an unmarried straight guy, I too support gay marriage. Actually, I'm really just in support of people minding their own business and letting other people live their own lives.

He was backed into a corner by Biden and the other members of his administration who came out in favor.  He couldn't look like he wasn't master of the house.

This is definitely going to backfire.

There isn't much political capital to be gained from supporting it (depending on how the GOP handles this).. It will do what? Get people to vote for Obama? The people who view gay marriage as their defining issue to vote were voting for Obama regardless of today..

Originally Posted by Lieutenant Kif

He was backed into a corner by Biden and the other members of his administration who came out in favor.  He couldn't look like he wasn't master of the house.

This is definitely going to backfire.

*sigh* you're right but I hope it doesn't, good luck Obama you still got my vote.

Originally Posted by Essential1

There isn't much political capital to be gained from supporting it (depending on how the GOP handles this).. It will do what? Get people to vote for Obama? The people who view gay marriage as their defining issue to vote were voting for Obama regardless of today..

The way I see it, Obama had already lost the highly religious vote. Anyone who is strongly against marriage was almost certainly not going to vote for Obama. By backing gay marriage, he has the chance to reinvigorate his liberal and progressive base, particularly the youth vote that may have been disillusioned by him since coming into office. 

Back
Top Bottom