Breaking News: Senate passes Bill

Here we go...

[h1]House passes Obama's economic stimulus bill[/h1]

WASHINGTON - Handing the new administration a big win, the House Friday passed President Barack Obama's $787 billion plan to resuscitate the economy.

The bill was passed 246-183 with no Republican help. It now goes to the Senate where a vote was possible late Friday to meet a deadline of passing the plan before a recess begins next week.

All but seven Democrats voted for the bill - a 1,071 page, 8-inch-thick measure that combines $281 billion in tax cuts for individuals and businesses with more than a half-trillion dollars in government spending. The money would go for infrastructure, health care and help for cash-starved state governments, among scores of programs. Seniors would get a $250 bonus Social Security check.

Obama claims the plan will save or create 3.5 million jobs, but Republicans said it won't work because it has too little in tax cuts and spreads too much money around to everyday projects like computer upgrades for federal agencies.

"This legislation falls woefully short," said House GOP Leader John Boehner of Ohio. "With a price tag of more than $1 trillion when you factor in interest, it costs every family almost $10,000 in added debt. This is an act of generational theft that our children and grandchildren will be paying for far into the future."

givin my man somethin to work with
pimp.gif

I also have mixed feelings about this one... Guess we just have to see how things play out.
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by djaward

I have mix feelings.. Lets see what happens. OBAMA IS STILL THE MAN.
obama will be THE MAN... if he actually does something positive and improve the nation.

until then...

more money in your check huh ... LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL ... i cant wait to see peoples reactions when they remove the "change" glasses from their eyes... i hope it works, but neither history nor my gut says it will ...

"This legislation falls woefully short," said House GOP Leader John Boehner of Ohio. "With a price tag of more than $1 trillion when you factor in interest, it costs every family almost $10,000 in added debt. This is an act of generational theft that our children and grandchildren will be paying for far into the future."

....and so it begins.

[Stewie] WHERE'S MAH MONEY? YOU GONNA GIVE ME MAH MONEY? [/Stewie]

Originally Posted by solesavage

Originally Posted by 703 Hwy

So more money in my check huh? You're alright President Obama.

Not in the form of a stimulus check though, from what I heard.
more of a tax rebate/decreases/write off/incentive sort of thing from what i understand , no literal checks

Although, to coporations that means they will hire a few more people in the short run (Paying taxes means hurting the bottom line---->hiring less people)

lol short run? examine exactly WHEN the funds are supposed to hit these corporations ... hey at least obama got his 2 billion for the power plant he wants tobuild in illinois ... ... ... ... ... smh

Originally Posted by finnns2003

going to be a ton of inflation in the future...
True. Anytime you pour this much money into the system, value of dollar decreases. I'm skeptical about howslow this bill will work and what it actually does for those taxpayers struggling currently.

Originally Posted by 703 Hwy

So more money in my check huh? You're alright President Obama.

lololololol. 13 big dollars more starting in spring and in january 2010 it will drop to 8 bucks a weak more
laugh.gif
. yeah your not alright president Husein Obama. dang shame.

Back
Top Bottom