Bridge collapse in Washington Vol. da infrastructure is wack b

WOW

Alot of times when I'm driving over a bridge or stuck on one, I'm thinking... **** if this thing collapses I'm done and I can't swim!

Real life, I was just about to post this. I used to drive down to Seattle/back up to Vancouver 3-4 times a month on this bridge. My parent's are going down to Seattle on this weekend, too.

Scary part is that all 7000 bridges in WA were graded a C- in terms of safety and infrastructure, pathetic. Seattle is a nice and wealthy city yet they can't afford to make any improvements/fixes on their roads and bridges.

Thank god this bridge is in hick town. I can't even imagine what would happen if the I-5 bridge between UW and 45th to Seattle collapses... :x

Last edited:
Memorial Weekend is going to be a damn nightmare up there. San Juan ferry traffic plus the land route to Whidbey Island...all diverted to a two-lane highway lol.

Since I-5 in that area is closed, where is the detour, what road?

When I was watching the news about this yesterday, the WSDOT rep on the phone mentioned something about a truck hitting the bridge. He didn't elaborate though because they're still investigating.

EDIT: my local news says it was an oversize load that caused the collapse.

could you imagine this...
eek.gif
Get that dude a blanket.

Real life, I was just about to post this. I used to drive down to Seattle/back up to Vancouver 3-4 times a month on this bridge. My parent's are going down to Seattle on this weekend, too.

Scary part is that all 7000 bridges in WA were graded a C- in terms of safety and infrastructure, pathetic. Seattle is a nice and wealthy city yet they can't afford to make any improvements/fixes on their roads and bridges.

Thank god this bridge is in hick town. I can't even imagine what would happen if the I-5 bridge between UW and 45th to Seattle collapses...
sick.gif
Who said they can't afford to make improvements? There is a lot of politics and red tape that prevents projects from being done. All you need to do is look at the widespread corruption in New Jersey as proof. Projects that will take decades to complete instead of a few months to years because cronying.

Thank god this bridge is in hick town. I can't even imagine what would happen if the I-5 bridge between UW and 45th to Seattle collapses... :x

Our government could easily fix this. But they are too damn greedy. Making sure to spend thousand to build desks in the capital to have meeting on instead of helping the people. Also 80 thousand people drive over this bridge everyday so I don't know about hick town. But yeah if 520, 90 or the bridge over lake union from downtown to u district
Collapsed it would be a state of emergency. Them things are crowded all day from 8 am - 10pm

Weren't they trying to fix and remodel the Alaskan Way Viaduct? Feels like it's been forever :lol:

They talking about some typ of tunnel now I think. They better figure it out soon. That thing is a billion dollar lawsuit waiting to happen. I don't even drive on it anymore

Back
Top Bottom