Bringing NBA jerserys back into the fashion game

Originally Posted by NuMba1KiCkrocka

Yeah I would wear my jerseys nowadays but Im trying to keep my friends.
jk
You need new friends

My kobe joint is still fresh
pimp.gif

I still wear jerseys but just my teams, Dallas Mavs + Dallas Cowboys
pimp.gif

Id rather wear a jersey than nut huggers and a plaid flannel shirt.

I wish the trend wasn't in the phase where ++#$ became od baggy....I would of kept mine if they didn't look like skirts.

It was
pimp.gif
in High School.

I can't see myself wearing jersey's anymore though, unless I'm going to a sporting event.

I still support the movement though
pimp.gif

i wear them around the house sometimes. but who cares tho?

As far as like the Fabolous throwback days, i don't think they will be in heavy rotation again

The reason I stopped wearing jerseys is because I started wearing clothes that fit me better and that were close tomy original size...

Honestly, if my jerseys weren't so big, I'd prolly still be wearing mine til this day...

I do still wear my Bulls and Hawks warm-up jackets from the '96-'98 era...

I threw on the '96-'97 Hawks warm-up jacket wit the scully when I went to Dave & Busters last week...
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I miss wearing my jerseys...and as sum1 stated b4 I wore then before they became "a fad"

3 thing that will never change for me..

1. Wear jerseys
2. Play video games
3. Wear my Jordans,nikes

Any female I deal with has to deal with it.

I still rock my NBA jerseys, all of mine are throwbacks anyway because all the players I have been traded from the teams LOL.

Its hot as hell in S.FL so I still wear mine FTW!

Originally Posted by BrownRepublican14

f' u know about fashion? aint you the same dude with the southpole Brooklyn Xpress shorts, snapping flicks of yourself during your lunch break working for maintenance on a ferry?
Don't forget the gas station fitteds.

i think they'll eventually be popular again fashion wise, it probably won't be nearly the craze it was 2001-03 and little 5'6 cats probablywon't be wearing size 60s anymore. alot of fads end up being recycled anyways.

it never was a fad to me, all throughout elementary school, middle school i would wear champion replicas all the time, in high school i would wear swingmansall the time, and then i had a job at a jersey store at the peak of the fad so i had around 200 nba, nfl, and mitchell and ness jerseys at one time. when thefad died and it wasn't fashionably cool to wear jerseys no more i bought a bunch of stuff online and at stores trying to clear out their excess jerseys.also when nike lost the nba licence in 2004 marshalls tj maxx etc had all their nike authentics for $50 so i stocked up there also.

eventually i ended up selling alot of the stuff and realizing that the stuff looked way too big on me. now all i have left is a vernon davis 49ers authenticjersey and a white penny orlando magic procut jersey that looks real long on me but i could care less because its a white penny procut

i'm planning on starting up the jersey collection again though, but this time around only sticking to my favorite teams and players and in my actual size.i got my eyes on some champion mcgrady magic authentics with the stars on them i wanna get to remove the mcgrady name on the back and put hardaway on.

Originally Posted by NKEAIR

we are in a recession! cant afford to spend $50+ on a jersey and to see that player traded the next year
SMH......that happened to me years ago i bought a latrell spreewell jersey and he got traded to the t'wolves the next week
indifferent.gif
SMH

btw does anyone think that mitchell and ness was stupid marketing wise? i know in order to make someones jersey they had to pay that indivdual player to getpermission to make their jersey and that mitchell and ness would try and lowball, that being the reason why a barkley jersey took so long to get made.

i know for a fact that they were really difficult to deal with and that their egos got real big during the fad years like they thought it was going to last forever. it was a hassle for the store i worked at to order stuff at times from them.

during 2003 i remember mitchell and ness releasing alot of 1970s nba and aba jerseys and jerseys in general that alot of us really couldn't identify with.

as soon as the fad died a bunch of mid 90's nba stuff came out, the 92-93 chris mullin, 92-93 larry johnson, 93-94 black hawks domminque wilkins thatdominique never actually wore
laugh.gif
, shaq magic jerseys in all 3 colors,tracy mcgrady and vince carter jerseys with the huge dinasour on them. imo if they released some of the stuff the eventually released a little earlier itmight have helped prolong good sales numbers for them.

btw reebok bought out mitchell and ness about 2 years ago i believe.

Originally Posted by lakersmets49ers

btw does anyone think that mitchell and ness was stupid marketing wise? i know in order to make someones jersey they had to pay that indivdual player to get permission to make their jersey and that mitchell and ness would try and lowball, that being the reason why a barkley jersey took so long to get made.

i know for a fact that they were really difficult to deal with and that their egos got real big during the fad years like they thought it was going to last for ever. it was a hassle for the store i worked at to order stuff at times from them.

during 2003 i remember mitchell and ness releasing alot of 1970s nba and aba jerseys and jerseys in general that alot of us really couldn't identify with.

as soon as the fad died a bunch of mid 90's nba stuff came out, the 92-93 chris mullin, 92-93 larry johnson, 93-94 black hawks domminque wilkins that dominique never actually wore
laugh.gif
, shaq magic jerseys in all 3 colors, tracy mcgrady and vince carter jerseys with the huge dinasour on them. imo if they released some of the stuff the eventually released a little earlier it might have helped prolong good sales numbers for them.

They reaped what they sowed.

Btw did M and N ever make Magic warm up tops? I've been meaning to ask on Nextleveltalk.

Originally Posted by SpecialEd88

Originally Posted by lakersmets49ers

btw does anyone think that mitchell and ness was stupid marketing wise? i know in order to make someones jersey they had to pay that indivdual player to get permission to make their jersey and that mitchell and ness would try and lowball, that being the reason why a barkley jersey took so long to get made.

i know for a fact that they were really difficult to deal with and that their egos got real big during the fad years like they thought it was going to last for ever. it was a hassle for the store i worked at to order stuff at times from them.

as soon as the fad died a bunch of mid 90's nba stuff came out, the 92-93 chris mullin, 92-93 larry johnson, 93-94 black hawks domminque wilkins that dominique never actually wore
laugh.gif
, shaq magic jerseys in all 3 colors, tracy mcgrady and vince carter jerseys with the huge dinasour on them. imo if they released some of the stuff the eventually released a little earlier it might have helped prolong good sales numbers for them.

They reaped what they sowed.

Btw did M and N ever make Magic warm up tops? I've been meaning to ask on Nextleveltalk.

nextleveltalk is deader then a doorknob that site shutdown, its a new jersey site now though called jerseycentral.org some of the members on there madethat website.

i don't think they ever made orlando magic warmup tops if im not mistaken.

Back
Top Bottom