Brook Lopez?

I'm on the east coast so I haven't heard much about dude, but the footage I've seen on SportsCenter makes him look like monster down low. Is he atop 5 pick? Outside of Beastley, is there a better big man in college basketball?

I think he'll be a Top 10 pick

This is what NBADraft.net has about him
NBA Comparison: Brad Daugherty
Strengths: Bigman with good strength and solid athletic ability … Unlike his twin Robin, Brook has an excellent touch within 15 feet of the basket … Verysmooth inside using a variety of polished moves including hook shots and drop steps … Soft hands, rarely fumbles the ball … Strong legs and upper body make himtough to push around inside … Strong rebounder using his long arms and body strength to clean the glass … He also uses his strength well to create space forbaskets in the post … Really came on offensively towards the end of the year with five 20 point games out of the final 8… A solid free throw shooter at 69%,which should improve over time … Displays good composure and confidence for a player entering his second year in college … A decent shot blocker, not likely tobecome a great one but can be solid ...

Weaknesses: Not incredibly fluid athletically. Both brothers sort of look awkward with their hunched posture and the way they run, Robin is quicker and moreagile … Brook's lack of foot speed makes him a little slow in transition, but once he gets his feet moving he can run the floor pretty well … Notincredibly explosive. He gets off the ground well but doesn't explode to the rim quickly … Should shoot a higher % from the field than 50%, shot selectionmust improve …

Notes: One of the top center prospects in college basketball … Registered a rare triple double on Jan 25th against USC with 18 pts, 11 rebs and 12 blks …

Originally Posted by North Dade Represent

I'd take him over Hibbert and Thabeet. Looks like he can be an Al Horford type player.

Word. He is more skilled and athletic then both. Tough rebounder. I have not seen a lot of him, but i know he is good. Now if his brother could be is goodas him. Stanford....
eek.gif

yeah, he's probably the second-best big man in college to Beasley.

but i dont know about top 5. not that he couldn't go top 5 depending on the team, but he isn't as much of a lock as Beasley or Rose.

Top 10 pick. If he played in the ACC, you'd never stop hearing about him.

thats what i wonder too

i live in the bay area and wonder if he gets any shine elsewhere

to me, he is better than hansborough, and if he was playing for unc or duke, im pretty sure he dickie v and them boys would be slurping all over him, lol

the only big man from the pac 10 that we hear about on the east coast is kevin love

He's really good....the Lopeztwins>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.Collinstwins. didn't need to be said tho
laugh.gif

to me, he is better than hansborough, and if he was playing for unc or duke, im pretty sure he dickie v and them boys would be slurping all over him, lol
co-sign

laugh.gif
man if Brooke Lopez was in the ACC, he would be hyped like no other.
I haven't heard Dickie V. and the boys stalk about him as much as they talk about Tyler Hansborough.

Originally Posted by DMan14

thats what i wonder too

i live in the bay area and wonder if he gets any shine elsewhere

grin.gif
nah......thats reaching.

Hansbrough and Beasy are in a league of their own.

Brook is more along the lines of Thabeet, Hibbert, Donte Green type player.

it may be true that he would get more hype on the east coast, but hansbrough is averaging 20-10 in the ACC, something lopez isn't doing in the Pac. so iwouldnt say he's better than hansbrough.

^ if he had the talent around him, maybe he could.

unc is filled with mcd all americans, not many people know anyone besides the lopez twins on stanford roster.

nah......thats reaching.

Hansbrough and Beasy are in a league of their own.

Brook is more along the lines of Thabeet, Hibbert, Donte Green type player.
Beasley is in a league of his own...

Hansbrough???

He could only dream of being as skilled as Lopez is. Brook Lopez is the most skilled, legit 6'10 or taller player in the country...his footwork, post movesand touch put Tyler's to shame. On top of that, he's a better defender.

And Donte Greene doesn't belong in any discussion about post players.

next Joel Przybilla
How many times have you seen him play?

i just dont see this guy doing much in the pros. he's not that athletic and that'll hurt him a lot. he wont be able to make his moves as easily becauseplayers in the pros are so much quicker, stronger and just as tall if not taller. he's not an excellent rebounder or defender either.
im not trying to take anything away from what he's done, he's doing great this year, but i just dont see him doing a whole lot in the nba

Originally Posted by miamin2

i just dont see this guy doing much in the pros. he's not that athletic and that'll hurt him a lot. he wont be able to make his moves as easily because players in the pros are so much quicker, stronger and just as tall if not taller. he's not an excellent rebounder or defender either.
im not trying to take anything away from what he's done, he's doing great this year, but i just dont see him doing a whole lot in the nba

exactly, next Joel Przybilla

Originally Posted by SCuse7

Originally Posted by North Dade Represent

I'd take him over Hibbert and Thabeet. Looks like he can be an Al Horford type player.

Word. He is more skilled and athletic then both. Tough rebounder. I have not seen a lot of him, but i know he is good. Now if his brother could be is good as him. Stanford....
eek.gif
You're out of your mind if you think he's more athletic than Thabeet.

And Roy would absolutely kill Robin Lopez if they were to match up

Roy does play better against legit bigs (Oden, Gray, Thabeet)...but i don't see him murdering him at this point...outplaying him, yeah he can

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Roy does play better against legit bigs (Oden, Gray, Thabeet)...but i don't see him murdering him at this point...outplaying him, yeah he can

Co-Sign (am I agreeing with this allen?
eyes.gif
) But he would hang withHibbert. I dont think he would take him though. And he is in no way, shape, or form- better than T-Hanz.

Back
Top Bottom