Bucs release Derrick Brooks & Warrick Dunn...

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2009/feb/25/bucs-release-brooks-four-other-veterans/sports-bucs/
TAMPA - In a sweeping move designed to give their younger players a chance to play, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Wednesday released five veterans including linebacker Derrick Brooks.

Also let go were linebacker Cato June, wide receivers Joey Galloway and Ike Hilliard, and running back Warrick Dunn.

ohwell.gif

Much love to Warrick if this is the end for him. One of the great people to ever come through the league.

It'll be really hard to adjust if I see Brooks in a new uniform next year...

(...and if he can get cut, there's no damn reason Keith Brooking should be allowed to continue playing in Atlanta.)

Man DLo, the NFC South looks so much different these days. I can remember when our Falcons looked like they were going to be NFC contenders for years to come.
frown.gif

Dam I remember Brooks doing an interview with Jim Rome before the super bowl talking about the new coach.
ohwell.gif
tired.gif

Originally Posted by LESfamilia

Man DLo, the NFC South looks so much different these days. I can remember when our Falcons looked like they were going to be NFC contenders for years to come.
frown.gif

They will be again shortly. I think at least.

damn ... thats a damn shame ... first harrison leaving the colts and now this ........ *%%@

OMG. My favorite team is finally moving on to a new era.

No more Lynch, Keyshawn, Sapp, Brooks, Dunn, SHAUN KING(shutup), Ronde's probably next to come next year or something..

Ah man.. I hope Rudd has something for us this year & we should draft some defense I say stick it out with McCown & Josh Johnson.

Freeman doesn't look like the answer to anyones questions.

Gaines Adams needs to step it up before he gets the bust label EARLY.

Originally Posted by bigtomgetsgwap

Damn
eek.gif
would have never thought they would release them

Yeah, unfortunately it's all about the dollars. It's a business as they say. But I really disagree with this when you talk about players who cementedyour team in history. Players like Rice, Montana, Ray Lewis. How their respective teams could just let them go is a mystery to me.

I really think that the people who make these decisions truly lack the know how of how just integral savvy and historic figures in a franchise can help out ateam even if their physical value has dwindled. These guys can teach, preach, and bring in marketing $$$ all at the same time and have the respect and havewalked the walk to go along with it. I'm not sure if you put Brooks on this list exactly, but for the Bucs, you should make an exception.

Originally Posted by sensaciondelbloque

brooks to the PATS...bank on it
i would def. take a gamble on him...knowing the injury issues we deal with, we could always use the depth of ANOTHER aging LB
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom