Bugatti Veyron vs. Koenigsegg Drag Race

Originally Posted by CAFinest23

Aventador >>>

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

I hate Top Gear, they have been caught�lying�waaay too many times and they will not admit American sport cars are good

Clarkson LOVED the Ford GT though...

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

that gt-r was probably one of those 1500 hp ams alphas.

I think that particular GTR is pushing out alittle less than 700 hp. 

The Switzer p800 package costs an additional $18,490 usd.

The p850 package bumps power to around 800hp for a cost of $20,990 usd.

Also avalible is the p900 package producing a whopping 900hp on e85 (ethanol fuel).  $40,000 usd.

Originally Posted by PLVN

I hate Top Gear, they have been caught�lying�waaay too many times and they will not admit American sport cars are good
Loved it so much he bought it twice. And Hammond loves the ZR1 and owns several muscle cars including a 60's Mustang and the new Challenger iirc. May enjoyed driving the Cadillas CTS too.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by PLVN

Loved it so much he bought it twice. And Hammond loves the ZR1 and owns several muscle cars including a 60's Mustang and the new Challenger iirc. May enjoyed driving the Cadillas CTS too.
yeah may liked driving the CTS V... clarkson loved the corvette too.. he says to buy the regular one since the suspension doesnt kill your back..... he took the ford gt out with the zonda and f430

Originally Posted by dankenstien88

Also avalible is the p900 package producing a whopping 900hp on e85 (ethanol fuel).  $40,000 usd.
I'll tell you this much, that GTR DOES NOT have less HP than the Veyron. To do what it did at the 2:47 mark, that car is putting down more than 1000 WHP. 

Originally Posted by scshift

The numbers I showed were �Nurburgring ring runs and for price and hype as worlds fastest aint much after turn one. I hate Top Gear, they have been caught�lying�waaay too many times and they will not admit American sport cars are good

World's fastest car has nothing to do with it's handling capabilities. It's a straight line rocket but no one said it could handle. Everyone knows the Veyron can't handle at all. I wouldn't be surprised if a Lotus Exige could beat it around a track.
It could, depending on how tight the track is. Place like Tsukuba...no problem.

There's no way possible that GTR was puttin in that much work with the P800....like someone else said...had to be an AMS kit on there with a 1000+ WHP.

Originally Posted by scshift

eek.gif
@ 2:47-2:51

Wait... what the HELL happened? The GTR went warp speed or something
eek.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
indifferent.gif
pimp.gif
It looks like the Bugatti is slowing down at that time, and thats why we see the camera man showing the wing coming up no 
nerd.gif
 ? 

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

There's no way possible that GTR was puttin in that much work with the P800....like someone else said...had to be an AMS kit on there with a 1000+ WHP.

Im 99.9% sure that car is a Switzer not a AMS. Maybe not a p800 but def a Switzer.

Claiming huge numbers of brute horsepower is not everything. People seem to forget that number is only "peak horsepower". You have to take into consideration a cars power curve. Some cars that claim high horsepower ratings can only produce those numbers for a short burst in a small RPM range. The cars that are truly the fastest are the ones that produce consistant power through the majority of their RPM band.

Not to mention.... 

Who needs power when you've got torque?

Bugatti, its really no competition, the Sigg wouldnt even finish the quarter due to a SERIOUS engineering blip, like a blown block or somethin, but then again thats not exciting at all, drag races are whack, in a road race the V would still win tho

Originally Posted by slickp42189

Bugatti, its really no competition, the Sigg wouldnt even finish the quarter due to a SERIOUS engineering blip, like a blown block or somethin, but then again thats not exciting at all, drag races are whack, in a road race the V would still win tho

You really think in a street race turns and all that the Bugatti would beat the GTR
grin.gif

Originally Posted by icysoles718

Originally Posted by slickp42189

You really think in a street race turns and all that the Bugatti would beat the GTR
grin.gif
thats not the argument, but with the right driver of course, they r not even the same class of cars, the V has been engineered to to the nth degree

Originally Posted by cubanref

It looks like the Bugatti is slowing down at that time, and thats why we see the camera man showing the wing coming up no
nerd.gif
?

The spoiler on the Veyron comes up when it reaches 140 mph. If the car is in top speed mode the spoiler doesn't even come up, so I doubt the Veyron was slowing down

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

Im 99.9% sure that car is a Switzer not a AMS. Maybe not a p800 but def a Switzer.

Claiming huge numbers of brute horsepower is not everything. People seem to forget that number is only "peak horsepower". You have to take into consideration a cars power curve. Some cars that claim high horsepower ratings can only produce those numbers for a short burst in a small RPM range. The cars that are truly the fastest are the ones that produce consistant power through the majority of their RPM band.

Not to mention.... 

Of course a car with a wider power band is "better/faster". Same thing can be said for gearing, you can have all the power in the world, but without proper gearing it's useless. However, we are talking about the Veyron here. This car is remarkably engineered. All those people who say "they put 4 turbos in the car, how hard can that be" just don't understand how complicated it actually is. As far as rolling starts go, HP>TQ every time. Race from a dig and torque plays a significant part, race from a roll and horsepower becomes the main component. 

MyJaysGetRocked wrote:
dankenstien88 wrote:
keepzdasneakz wrote:

Not to mention.... 

Of course a car with a wider power band is "better/faster". Same thing can be said for gearing, you can have all the power in the world, but without proper gearing it's useless. However, we are talking about the Veyron here. This car is remarkably engineered. All those people who say "they put 4 turbos in the car, how hard can that be" just don't understand how complicated it actually is. As far as rolling starts go, HP>TQ every time. Race from a dig and torque plays a significant part, race from a roll and horsepower becomes the main component. 

IMO the Veyrons downfall is the fact it is too complex.

Time and time again it boggles peoples minds how a little 6 banger can outrun larger more complex engines. The simplicity of a TurboSix Is one of its greatest assets. Turbo Regals ruled the 80s, the Supra was king of the 90s and now the GTR has taken the crown. 

I can agree that in a highway race (Rolling 50)  high hp numbers are whats going to win the race. But from a standstill or even a rolling 30 a car with a high torque numbers will win. I mean torque is the twisting/thrusting force that actually moves your car. HP is a huge factor in how that car makes the torque, but an efficiently designed engine does not need an abundance of power to create an abundance of torque.

Back
Top Bottom