Bulls offseason Thread

MJD looked great
Blackned Tony was cookin
Jimmy ran into that reggie evans wall :smh: he will be ok

but it might be another game against hgh without jimmy :smh:

damn can we ever face dude at full strength? I swear he got a curse on us to make up for what MJ did to them

Last edited:
Im expecting to drop this game. I dont want Jimmy to play tonight, would rather him play Sunday, he deserves it. Then anouther 4 or 5 days before we play again. Interested to see how Pau plays against Mozgov he got bodied up pretty well last time.

I think Snell would get the start of Jimmy sat, so Snell ptobably guard LeRon. Let's bust that ***

Has the team turned it around? We'll see. Although this is encouraging.

Rose and Snell have been great as of late. Tony has been unconscious. Good to see the guy flourish, considering I thought he was toast early on in the season.

I may have to eat crow regarding anything I've said about Tony.

I hope this Tony is here to stay and not just a flash in the pan.

Another win. [emoji]128526[/emoji]

Starting to get to form...
Snell, so much confidence. Please don't lose it. Great defense Lebron and Rose's defense on Hotsauce

No coincidence that Captain Clank has missed the last 4 games that we ended up winning. Let's hope Thibs is smart enough to give Tony more burn than Kirk when he comes back.

Good win tonight. Snell, if this is just a glimpse of who you can be im woth it! There is no reason Kirk should get more minutes than Snell when he comes back.

Jo and Rose balled out tonight :pimp:

Same here until I was thinking that why isn't Thibs resting with Brooks in? lets leave Kirk out.

S/O to snell gawd.... will there be struggles again sure but i want him to stay in the rotation purely off defense, his offense will come you see the confidence. Him and Jimmy together with Noah getting back in shape and Rose playing much better defense as of late I think we can get that elite defense back.

Easily Rose best game he ran the team like it was his again no nerves and abandoned all those silly 3s...... that was great to see

Funny watching the media slow turn as of late they back on Rose and the bulls sack.

I'm pretty sure Rose's play will continue to go up and down, based on the opponent

It's important not to get too high or too low on Derrick.. He's likely saving himself for the playoffs. More and more I think the strategy might work.

All-Star Jimmy Butler and Bulls teammates show off their style

With the NBA hosting a fashion show over All-Star weekend, some players from the Chicago Bulls got a jump on things.

When Chicago Bulls President and COO Michael Reinsdorf was looking for more Bulls gear with a stylish spin to wear to the countless basketball games and team events, he turned to one of his favorite Chicago-based men’s accessories spots, The Tie Bar — and enlisted the help of the team (and their style-savvy off-court alter egos) — for a charitable collaboration. The resulting six-piece, limited-edition Chicago Bulls Charities Collection will raise money for the charities’ threefold philanthropic focus of violence prevention, youth education and health and wellness, and be available beginning Feb. 27 at the Bull Market in the United Center, as well as The Tie Bar’s storefront (918 W. Armitage) and website.

The Tie Bar’s Chicago Bulls Charities Collection, $10-$25

“All [the players] were involved,” says Allyson Lewis, VP of merchandising for The Tie Bar. “We wanted to capture their personal styles and tastes. We put together mood boards of fabrics and patterns and met with players to talk about things they liked and would wear to games and out in the evening. Some guys like to wear a pocket square, some are [into] ties but not pocket squares, some are socks guys. We combined all their tastes.”

In anticipation of the team’s annual fundraiser Feb. 26, Splash pegged three sharply dressed players to tie one on for our cover.

NAZR MOHAMMED

Stats: A native Chicagoan and relative veteran in the NBA, the 37-year-old center has played professionally for 16 years. In 2014, he was named Bull of the Year.

Philanthropy: “I have my own foundation [the Nazr Mohammed Foundation]. We have a retreat where we talk to kids about situations that they face, everything from bullying to hygiene — skills that they may need going forth that are overlooked in schools — and raise money for different organizations. Last year, we raised $40,000 for the Kovler Diabetes
at the University of Chicago.”

Fashion: “[My style] is kind of all over the place — it’s conservative but comfortable. I like wearing a suit. I don’t wear a lot of ties, but [prefer to] match my suits with pocket squares. I dabble with color — I don’t go too overboard but may have a hint of color in my socks or my lapel pin.”

Style speaks: “I’d like to hope that my style says I’m professional — professional but comfortable.”

Mohammed wears: Polka-dot bow tie, $25, and socks, $10

DOUG McDERMOTT

Stats: Having just graduated from Creighton University, where he dominated on the basketball court, 23-year-old McDermott is the Bulls’ rookie forward.

Philanthropy: Though McDermott is new to the NBA, he’s already putting a philanthropic foot forward: This year, he’s visited Lurie Children’s Hospital to spend time with the kids and pass out bobble-head dolls, and gotten involved with teammate Joakim Noah’s Noah’s Arc Foundation.

Fashion: “In college [it was] straight sweats, but in the NBA you have to dress up all the time. I’m not too flashy quite yet; I’ve come out of my shell a bit compared to the way I was in college, but I have more of a laid-back style.”

Style icons: “You look at guys like [Oklahoma City Thunder’s] Russell Westbrook and he’s very loud with what he wears, then you see guys like [LA Lakers’] Steve Nash, who has great style but is not as loud. I think I am who I am [with my style]. I look at guys on our team and try to get a mix of everyone. … I definitely [don’t dress like] Joakim Noah; I stay more on the Mike Dunleavy side.”

McDermott wears: Plaid tie, $25, and polka-dot socks, $10

JIMMY BUTLER

Stats: Since his days at Marquette University, the 25-year-old guard-forward has spent his entire professional career with the Bulls, earning him local love, friendly nicknames and a solid starting position.

Philanthropy: Through his involvement with the Chicago Bulls Charities, Butler has brought smiles to children’s faces at La Rabida Children’s Hospital, handed out gifts with the Chicago Housing Authority at the Museum of Science and Industry and more.

Fashion: “My style has changed over the past year. I like bright colors, yellow and purple. I’m from Tomball, Texas — the country — so I go back to my country roots. I like to wear suits, but I don’t like dress shoes, so I wear [Air] Jordans with [my suits].”

Local love: “The fans in Chicago are amazing; they show so much love on and off the court. [When I’m] on the court, they’re always in playoffs mode; [when I’m] off the court, even on a day off, they’re great.”

Butler wears: Horizontal stripe tie, $25, and paisley pocket square, $15​

Last edited:
Its crazy how much MDJ does for us. Just him cutting on offense makes us look so much better. Great to have him back :pimp:

I agreed. Mike does great cuts and spreading the floor very nicely. It makes opposing team keep track of him.

I hope the Bulls will use the strategy that they did last night more often

I noticed that they are sort of floating Pau around the perimeter more to draw the bigs out

Before, they sort of kept trying to post Pau all the time

The more spaced out we can get our opponents in the playoffs, the better

this team is going to go on a tear to end the season and rose is clearly saving himself for the playoffs....big games he attacks way more....love snell, so glad he stepped up his game in time...if he didnt bulls would be making a play for affialo...i agree kirk should be backup PG only no more min needed at SG those min should only be for butler/snell.....kawhi leonard and tony snell high school teammates and good friends, just saying.....

I like Snell attacking aggressively by dunking or just driving to the hoop. He look like he got some good verticles on him.

I love having MDJ back. Can't wait for Jimmy and him to be healthy so Jimmy can slide back over to SG

was very cool w/ us staying quiet during the deadline but this perkins talk i dont like & since i hate it , its more than likely 100% gonna happen

Back
Top Bottom