Bulls offseason Thread

um no you wanna base offense problems fine but players going soft.... that inside you. Im not even sure how you can put toughness on thibs he cant give you the heart and soul to do what you should be doing. There Grown Men, look at taj he said if you wanna be pushed if you wanna be great you love thibs. Ex bull oakley also called us out for being a bunch of cry babies and soft and I cant disagree. I feel hype got to folks head and effort went out im not putting that on thibs.

and not sure if youre serious about the second part here all the media does is talk about thibs and the minutes are you living under a rock? Way more is put out there about those minutes and injury even though you look around the league its not so uncommon but because of injuries it blown to hell (rose is injury prone even on light minutes). The rumor on the assistant coach was doug collins cant confirm this but if true as a head coach you cant have someone of that caliber as your assistant coach, fans might not get that but that situation would have blew up quickly once again if true. And as far as golden state i stand by it they went and got two proven assistants that are great at what they do, why would anyone want to join the bulls exactly. You may like thibs may not like him idk but he is respected around the league coaches see how he was treated and statements made...... ill wait for that long list of ppl who wanna sign up to be apart of gar/pax and reinsdorf

I fail to see why you wouldn't put that on Thibs. Look, part of a coach's job is to communicate to his players. If the players felt alienated and no longer thought Thibs' message was effective, then you can't possibly bring back the coach. Why would the players suddenly stop working hard when it's worked for us in the past? That's because of Thibs.

Yeah I don't get where the hell you're going with the Doug Collins situation. Collins said he wouldn't mind being an assistant to a younger coach. Care to explain why it would blow up? The relationship between Reinsdorf and Doug soured when Collins was fired but they're on good terms now.

People want to join the Bulls because they have a good roster and they think they are fringe contenders. Also it's a great sports city and the third largest market in the US. I guess the perception around the league for years is the front office is evil, y'all stay sheep though. I mean Thibs was the one leaking out his displeasure to the media, further alienating himself from the FO. I'm not saying anyone is absolved from blame but you can't throw rocks in a glass house. Reinsdorf was the one who hired Thibs in the first place and they had a good relationship, but when you go behind your owner's back and have your BFF air out your dirty laundry on national TV you can't expect to keep your job for long.

Last edited:
I fail to see why you wouldn't put that on Thibs. Look, part of a coach's job is to communicate to his players. If the players felt alienated and no longer thought Thibs' message was effective, then you can't possibly bring back the coach. Why would the players suddenly stop working hard when it's worked for us in the past? That's because of Thibs.

Yeah I don't get where the hell you're going with the Doug Collins situation. Collins said he wouldn't mind being an assistant to a younger coach. Care to explain why it would blow up? The relationship between Reinsdorf and Doug soured when Collins was fired but they're on good terms now.

People want to join the Bulls because they have a good roster and they think they are fringe contenders. Also it's a great sports city and the third largest market in the US. I guess the perception around the league for years is the front office is evil, y'all stay sheep though. I mean Thibs was the one leaking out his displeasure to the media, further alienating himself from the FO. I'm not saying anyone is absolved from blame but you can't throw rocks in a glass house. Reinsdorf was the one who hired Thibs in the first place and they had a good relationship, but when you go behind your owner's back and have your BFF air out your dirty laundry on national TV you can't expect to keep your job for long.

You need another man to tell you to bring your heart and desire to the game? X and 0s is what I put on thibs, they are grown men well payed to bring it, this your biggest chance to get to the finals since the jordan era and feeling alienated by your coach stopped you from ceasing your moment...... lmaooo yea that is soft.

where im going is with all the problems in that organization bringing in a coach like collins would have blew up, collins is head coach in this league, only assitant i could see maybe is with POP. With the bulls that would have been two strong voices, which at some point would overlap and message blurred. Or knowing management and how they do they would have sided with doug more which would create even more conflict. Two alpha coaches wasnt gonna be some sweet marriage especially coming into a fractured relationship. like most things on paper that idea sounds great in reality no

and as far as ppl joining the bulls for all that great talk of market etc why has our biggest signing in recent years been a past his prime Gasol? People perception is their reality and perception is management and owner dont run things right so there is that. I cant confirm that thibs did that JVG has been speaking his mind for years and idk any true bulls fan that hasnt heard that same stuff written in articles. Nothing JVG said that night was a shock or new to the bulls fan and very few overall NBA fans

Last edited:
so the bulls have 2 GMs and zero coaches? front office is clearly the problem. shows how they don't get it by the owners statement towards thibbs. now they are going to get a college coach they can better control and the players can run all over him. nice lets see how this works out.

if i were thibs i'd sit out a year(guess he has no choice now) bulls took their time firing him but now still have to pay him for the season.....another smart move by the front office.....but let me guess when it comes time to decide to pay the tax the bulls will trade gibson for nothing and/or won't sign a player using the MLE.....

thibs could have his pick of the lakers, twolves, rockets, knicks next year

Last edited:
You need another man to tell you to bring your heart and desire to the game? X and 0s is what I put on thibs, they are grown men well payed to bring it, this your biggest chance to get to the finals since the jordan era and feeling alienated by your coach stopped you from ceasing your moment...... lmaooo yea that is soft.

where im going is with all the problems in that organization bringing in a coach like collins would have blew up, collins is head coach in this league, only assitant i could see maybe is with POP. With the bulls that would have been two strong voices, which at some point would overlap and message blurred. Or knowing management and how they do they would have sided with doug more which would create even more conflict. Two alpha coaches wasnt gonna be some sweet marriage especially coming into a fractured relationship. like most things on paper that idea sounds great in reality no

and as far as ppl joining the bulls for all that great talk of market etc why has our biggest signing in recent years been a past his prime Gasol? People perception is their reality and perception is management and owner dont run things right so there is that. I cant confirm that thibs did that JVG has been speaking his mind for years and idk any true bulls fan that hasnt heard that same stuff written in articles. Nothing JVG said that night was a shock or new to the bulls fan and very few overall NBA fans

Whatever dude. We'll agree to disagree. I don't doubt their desire to win a championship, but like I said one of the biggest components of coaching is connecting with your players. Thibs was a totalitarian and seemed to never take advice from his players. The best coaches do that, see Phil, Daly, Riley, etc.

And I'll agree with you on the FA thing. Fair enough.

All I'm saying is most folks automatically dub Thibs as a saint, when he's not. The big bad evil FO is always played, and it's rather annoying. Two wrongs don't make a right. You can't have one of your top employees leaking inside information to the press. You know why Thibs got fired from the Knicks in the first place? He was leaking insider info to Isola and Dolan found out and fired him. He isn't the greatest guy to work with considering his personality. Hell, it's possible he won't even coach next year and doesn't even have an interview yet that we know of.

Why exactly
:lol: you gotta be kidding me right?

Why exactly are you impressed by the team with championship aspirations hiring a college coach ?

I never said I was "impressed."

What I been saying, even before Thibs was fired, that Hoiberg is the best option available. His track record at ISU was pretty legit, he turned that program around, he's a player's coach with a great offensive mind, something we really need right now because it was very clear the message coming from Thibs was no longer registering with our current players.

The relationship with Thibs went sour, to the point of no repair, there was no way we were bringing him back even though the majority of us wanted him back. That's like being in a relationship with a chick that isn't working, no matter how many times you tell your friends everything is "fine" eventually you come to the point that you need to part ways. That what happened with the FO and Thibs, it was time.

So, if you don't agree with the hiring of Hoiberg, who should we have hired that's currently available? JVG, who is Thibs best friend? Gentry, who preferred NO over us the whole time? Should we have dusted another retread off like Skiles? Ask Vinny to come back? Pick up Brian Shaw? Monty Williams? :nerd:

Last edited:
College coaches (with rep) are the new thing in the NBA. Too much of yhese NBA coaches have been around the league. It's time for some new blood

All I'm saying is most folks automatically dub Thibs as a saint, when he's not. The big bad evil FO is always played, and it's rather annoying. Two wrongs don't make a right. You can't have one of your top employees leaking inside information to the press. You know why Thibs got fired from the Knicks in the first place? He was leaking insider info to Isola and Dolan found out and fired him. He isn't the greatest guy to work with considering his personality. Hell, it's possible he won't even coach next year and doesn't even have an interview yet that we know of.

I'm not sure if you're from here or not but all of our sports talk radio shows are FO mouth pieces. They all **** on Thibs and praise the FO, let them tell it they've rarely made mistakes and have done everything to help Tom. He should be kissing their boots for even giving him the opportunity. Not he should be grateful and work hard, which he's done, he should be praising them. They don't talk about the work he's done with depleted rosters, or how he reinvented the bulls offense and tailored it to the talent he had after Pooh's injury. How he could've been considered for CoTY the previous two seasons for what he was able to get those teams to accomplish. They don't talk about how he made Jo into the player he was offensively by placing him in the center of the offense, the player they loved. How under Thibs Jo went from a laughing stock to a legit MVP candidate. Or Jimmy's development under Thibs. Or what he was able to get John Lucas III, Nate, & DJ to be playing under him. No, they talk about grueling practices/workouts. They don't talk about how Thibs honored the minutes restrictions put on Pooh and Noah this season, and Noah still sucked the entire year (which sports radio folks try to put on Thibs until callers call in and reference that Jo was on the minutes restriction they coveted this year). But that was somehow Thibs fault as well. Don't get me wrong, i think that he does have his faults: his over reliance on certain players Kirk for example. Playing Luol and Jimmy 40+ mins regularly was insane and you can't defend that, his limited offensive sets.

As for our FO, they have definitely leaked several pieces of inside information to the press. Where do you think the media got the Derrick was cleared to play during season he sat out? They have a history of not liking something that someone states or disposition and then tarnishing them publicly. People may not like JVG or say that he's Thib's mouth piece but that doesn't change the fact that what he said about FO and Coaches is true. We watched what happened with Phil, Skiles (even though i wasn't a fan of his), Del Negro (who Paxson actually punched him in the face over coaching decisions only to turn around and use the chicago media to portray Vinnie as the aggressor after multiple reports said otherwise) and now Thibs. That piece crafted by JR was classless and completely unnecessary. While no side has a clean hand in the deterioration, I believe the FO has much more than Thibs in this situation.

It is my belief that the brass had their man for the upcoming season prior to this season getting under way. Here's to hoping Holberg can get it done, but like others have said with this roster it's going to be a bumpy ride. :\

Last edited:
It is my belief that the brass had their man for the upcoming season prior to this season getting under way. Here's to hoping Holberg can get it done, but like others have said with this roster it's going to be a bumpy ride. :\

10000% agree brodie

Last edited:
I'm not sure if you're from here or not but all of our sports talk radio shows are FO mouth pieces. They all **** on Thibs and praise the FO, let them tell it they've rarely made mistakes and have done everything to help Tom. He should be kissing their boots for even giving him the opportunity. Not he should be grateful and work hard, which he's done, he should be praising them. They don't talk about the work he's done with depleted rosters, or how he reinvented the bulls offense and tailored it to the talent he had after Pooh's injury. How he could've been considered for CoTY the previous two seasons for what he was able to get those teams to accomplish. They don't talk about how he made Jo into the player he was offensively by placing him in the center of the offense, the player they loved. How under Thibs Jo went from a laughing stock to a legit MVP candidate. Or Jimmy's development under Thibs. Or what he was able to get John Lucas III, Nate, & DJ to be playing under him. No, they talk about grueling practices/workouts. They don't talk about how Thibs honored the minutes restrictions put on Pooh and Noah this season, and Noah still sucked the entire year (which sports radio folks try to put on Thibs until callers call in and reference that Jo was on the minutes restriction they coveted this year). But that was somehow Thibs fault as well. Don't get me wrong, i think that he does have his faults: his over reliance on certain players Kirk for example. Playing Luol and Jimmy 40+ mins regularly was insane and you can't defend that, his limited offensive sets.

As for our FO, they have definitely leaked several pieces of inside information to the press. Where do you think the media got the Derrick was cleared to play during season he sat out? They have a history of not liking something that someone states or disposition and then tarnishing them publicly. People may not like JVG or say that he's Thib's mouth piece but that doesn't change the fact that what he said about FO and Coaches is true. We watched what happened with Phil, Skiles (even though i wasn't a fan of his), Del Negro (who Paxson actually punched him in the face over coaching decisions only to turn around and use the chicago media to portray Vinnie as the aggressor after multiple reports said otherwise) and now Thibs. That piece crafted by JR was classless and completely unnecessary. While no side has a clean hand in the deterioration, I believe the FO has much more than Thibs in this situation.

Fair enough. At the end of the day even the players tuned him out, there was no other decision than to let him go. Although it didn't have to end like that.

Hopefully Hoiberg can get himself a decent team of assistants. They should retain Ed Pinckney and Adrian Griffin. I'd like to see Mike Malone and Doug Collins as well.

Last edited:
Anyone watching this press conference? Joe Cowley asked Gar a bunch of hard hitting questions about Thibs. Pretty funny.

what did he grill him about? im at wk missing it

He asked Gar if he and Pax would reassess their roles because of the last two coaches fizzling out and if Fred was hesitant to join the Bulls because of a lack of job stability.

I'm pretty optimistic on what Coach Hoiberg can bring to the Bulls.
Also interested in the offseason changed bc Hoiberg doesn't or never gotten to use the traditional line of a post up guy.

Hoiberg forgot to mention Hinrich is his press conference as he ran down his roster. I like him already.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom