Bulls offseason Thread

I'm not sure how to feel about the pick honestly...

Kid can play, but we needed shooting/scoring and RJ Hunter fell right in our lap. I just hope he turns out to be a good grab.

I'm not sure how to feel about the pick honestly...

Kid can play, but we needed shooting/scoring and RJ Hunter fell right in our lap. I just hope he turns out to be a good grab.

RJ Hunter shot 30% from behind the arc though Cake ... don't get me wrong, I like him but I feel like getting a backup big, especially with Taj/Jo always hurt, was more of a priority over a shooter. Portis basically fell in our laps, not too many people thought he would fall that low.

I also expect Dougie to improve under Hoiberg so that's some additional shooting/scoring we didn't have last season

Im not big on the pick but i dont really have any beef with it either.

I would rather move Taj and ride this last year with Jo and get cap space next summer. Im ready to be done with Taj.

I would rather move Taj and ride this last year with Jo and get cap space next summer. Im ready to be done with Taj.

Yeah I been done with Gibson since mid season, and this clown holding off surgery makes it even worse. It's going to be hard to trade him now

I'm not sure why everyone wants to give up on Noah so quick. One bad season where he had nagging Injurys all year and he should kick rocks ?

^Ah. If only physical health was Noah's only problem. Dude was in la la land that Cavs series.

I can see why Bulls would go for a big. Our front court is old or injury prone or suck (Noah)

Last edited:
As much as I want to ship Noah I think they will ship Taj. Bulls can get more back. Ej. Friendlier contract, healthier (relatively), etc.

*edit

Nvm, forgot Taj is recovering from surgery

Last edited:
I don't know about you guys but i don't think we can get past the Cavs with our currently constructed Roster, Especially if Kevin Love comes back

I don't know about you guys but i don't think we can get past the Cavs with our currently constructed Roster, Especially if Kevin Love comes back

Nope, im with you 100%. Our best shot was this year and we let it go. Sucks, but it is what it is can only blame ourselves

Best shot was definitely this yr. Cavs can only get better. So can the Bucks. So can the Wizards. So can Boston.

Last edited:
Sure, it's just not as easy. The other teams are either younger or have more flexibility

The Bucks are so young that they can get better as a team by just playing more lol

Last edited:
True, Bulls are locked up from contracts of Rose being owned 20mil+ this year and next year. 

The optimistic thing to look for is.... an offensive system, finally. Realistically, we haven't even seen a 1/3 of what the team can actually do offensively. Thibs ran a bunch PNR, PNS, offense. He USED to run a flex system but that kinda went out the door as different players came in. 

Bucks though, if they manage to sign Dendre Jordan, maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan.... smh That team is loaded with length ALL DAY.

So can we
Yep I think what a lot of people tend to forget is that this team is built for now and the future. A good piece of their core are 26 and younger. A lot of people look at Pau, Jo, and Taj and assume that the Bulls are going to get worse. I don't think that is the case. For the first time in a few years D-Rose gets to work on his game instead of rehabbing. Niko has an NBA year under his belt. I think Snell and Doug can really thrive under Hoiberg's system. I think if we can get a capable back-up PG and resign Dun and Buckets, we are a legit threat to go to the finals.

Niko, I have good feelings about. Doug and Snell. On the fence. Even more skeptical about Snell than Doug, cuz Snell is going on his 3rd season while Doug was a rookie who had no burn. This new coach seems to be a young player type of coach so that bodes well, at least

Thibs was always a coach who leaned on his vets

If all our young players can thrive under the new coach, then great. If not, then we're stuck with leaning on injury prone and aging vets until the Bulls make some more moves.

Last edited:
bulls fans!!! RELAX ON NOAH!!! wow. first dude had surgery last off season, 2nd Gasol and Noah are both centers....really they shouldn't be on the floor at same time much. I would rather see a starting line up of Noah, niko, Snell, Butler, Rose or Noah, Gibson, MDJ, Butler, Rose and gasol backing up the bigs. i really hope bulls don't give up on Snell, he's a NBA player for sure can the Xfactor we need. bulls are likely going to trade Taj first chance they get which is fine if its for a backup PG, hinrich should be the 3rd PG/SG.
Everything I read and seen on Portis has me excited seems like a good head/hungry/improves every year/and modern day big that can handle the rock. the youth on this team developing is all we need. We can't expect to get a stud FA, hasn't happen won't happen

Lol I hear you man but Noah got exposed so bad, you gotta see where people are coming from. Secondly if MDJ does come back, he should not be starter let him come off the bench. Snell definitely should get the Nod to start next season IMO

I just want to know what happened to that 15 footer he had. It wasn't great but he would use it when he was open. All this playoffs he wasn't looking at the rim. Cavs caught on and basically dared him to shoot. They took away all his passing lanes and he panicked every single time man. It was very sad.

Last edited:
These are two deficiencies we need to address 1. We need one more athletic perimeter player 2. We need a secondary ball-hander that can actually run the offense, We've had this problem for years and the FO never address it. For example Golden State had a couple that could spell Curry to keep him Fresher in the 4th Livingston and Iggy. Those Spurs team had Parker and Ginobili. Even those Heat Teams had multiple ball-handlers with Bron, Wade, Chalmers, and Cole.

Last edited:
These are two deficiencies we need to address 1. We need one more athletic perimeter player 2. We need a secondary ball-hander that can actually run the offense, We've had this problem for years and the FO never address it. For example Golden State had a couple that could spell Curry to keep him Fresher in the 4th Livingston and Iggy. Those Spurs team had Parker and Ginobili. Even those Heat Teams had multiple ball-handlers with Bron, Wade, Chalmers, and Cole.
We have rose and jimmy. Need another ball handler off the bench at least

Back
Top Bottom