Burning bridges....

Living in NYC, I gotta say we have a great city here.

I appreciate it and am grateful I was born here, a place millions dream of being one day.

However, like many have said, the rent is no joke.  Try to look to sublet.  Or perhaps move waaaay uptown or waaay downtown (even as we speak yuppies are moving in making things more expensive.)

As for burning bridges, not necessary.  Peace out of Chicago. If people ask why, don't bother answering as more likely than not they're not gonna like what they hear.  Just move towards bigger and better things.

Just delete their numbers and don't answer their texts or phone calls.  If you run into them somewhere just give them a nod or act like you don't see them, if they come up to you then tell them you've been busy and keep it moving.  I've done it with plenty of people I thought were friends, not any family members.  The fake friends will get the hint and stop bothering you.  It gets boring sometimes when there's only a couple people you can hit up, but it's whatever.  You're only as good as the company you keep...

Why do you have to burn bridges? You're just adding negative energy into your life for no reason.

The whole "Eff all ya'll I'm out" mentality is childish, you're better than that.

I was born and raised here in NYC so I always find it interesting to listen to someones reasoning for wanting to visit or live here.
You not lying about them free events. Prospect Park in the summer is the place to be.
My advice to you is to do what you feel you need to do. Tomorrow isn't guaranteed. Can't make the decision if you're dead.
I've burned bridges with people I really liked and was cool with but got along fine without them. In the long run you won't really care.
Oh and bide your time and stack that paper cuz these rent prices are no joke.

P.S. spring>fall
The only thing spring got over fall is the booties and hooters that come out of hiding after months of hibernation

Yah Chicago has free events in the summertime but they are pale in comparison. I was in NYC last October and the city still had free events

Yah I guess these reasons are things you take for granted but trust me, if you are the type who likes to stay out till 5 or 6 AM, you better know somebody, or be the creepy old dude at college parties. Im not sure why Chicago shuts down at 2 or 3. There is some laws that dictate when alcohol stops being served but I dont think it is highly regulated since I have had drinks at 3 am (dont think I have ever ordered a drink later than that). After that you need to continue the party at somebody's house.

I'm usually okay with it but there are some nights where I just don't want to go back.

So salty every time NYC is brought up. Wanted to visit since I was 4. 14 years later and still haven't visited.

Those feels.

It's where I see myself. Copped some big *** NYC posters today on allposters.com for 3 buck.
I know that feeling bro. My wallpaper on my desktop is NYC standing from the Empire State Building at night.

Coming from NY, I gotta say.......

It's expensive and overrated. I know way too many heads that are complacent and happy living at their mom's house well into their 20s and they justify it because they live in NY.

Yah I know. Me and my sister were looking at apartments there because she was thinking about going there for grad school. Good lawd.

Those brokers fees had us like
View media item 535725
And wtf is with landlords charging extra if you find an apt without a broker? Were they just ******g with us cuz we were out of towners?

Why new york tho?
Because I visited and fell in love. As a kid I always saw myself headed towards The Bay.

NYC has all these "free" events paid for by the city. So even with no cash there is always something to do
24 hour transport is too nice. 1:00 AM is a decent time to START going out. Even if it isn't ideal.
Tall buildings everywhere. It just gives me the feeling that I belong there. That I could conquer the world if I put my mind to it. (although I prefer Chicago's architecture to NYCs)
Easy to meet people. Met a lot of people in my visit almost by accident. It is literally that easy. Walked by a crew who liked what I was wearing and struck a 1 hour conversation with no awkwardness between us like I have been hanging out with them my entire life.
Even tho I love that Cali sunshine, fall is my favorite season fashionwise so I guess being somewhere with SOME cold isnt bad
nah b

it gets legit cold in NYC, and it snows heavy

and +1 on Chicago arch>>>>NYCs

nah b

it gets legit cold in NYC, and it snows heavy

and +1 on Chicago arch>>>>NYCs
Yah I know. But I checked my weather channel app throughout and New York was usually a little warmer than Chicago so I'm good. Besides the train stations are pretty warm from what I remember (but it wasn't really cold outside except for 1 day when I visited).

Yah most people I have met from NYC would agree that Chicago's architecture is better than NYCs.

Back
Top Bottom