Butter in Your Coffee? The Bulletproof Craze, Explained.

Cliffs - 

So i guess putting grass fed butter in your coffee is supposed to slow down the caffeine absorption when you drink coffee, supposed to have some sort of delayed reaction/release effect.

Anybody ever try this? 

http://jezebel.com/butter-in-your-coffee-the-bulletproof-craze-explained-1591594091

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Last edited:
:x

I don't know what's worse, butter coffee or the author's writing style.

bullet proof coffee is the truth....i use coconut oil in mine though...

people are scared of butter for some reason though...but butter could be really good for you in moderation...

Butter Contains a Lot of Healthy Saturated Fats. The “war” against saturated fat was based on bad science. It was never really proven that it caused any harm. In fact, recent studies suggest that there is no association at all between saturated fat and cardiovascular disease

bullet proof coffee is the truth....i use coconut oil in mine though...

people are scared of butter for some reason though...but butter could be really good for you in moderation...

Butter Contains a Lot of Healthy Saturated Fats. The “war” against saturated fat was based on bad science. It was never really proven that it caused any harm. In fact, recent studies suggest that there is no association at all between saturated fat and cardiovascular disease
Do you buy the bullet proof branded coffee or use something else? I just grabbed the grass fed butter yesterday.... what else that clear **** he pours in, can i buy that cheaper somewhere else? 

my brother works at starbucks so he grabs me a bag of whatever he can...

never heard of mct oil before...just did a little research...it is manufactured so i would just stick with the natural organic coconut oil...

Is MCT Oil better than Coconut Oil?

No, of course not. How can a product that has the most famous and most dominant fatty acid removed from the original product be considered “better”?

Lauric acid is unique to coconut oil, comprising about 50% of its fatty acids. Coconut oil is nature’s richest source of lauric acid. The next highest source is human breast milk, at about 6 to 10%. So if you want lauric acid, coconut oil is the place to get it.

If, however, you want the capra medium chain fatty acids, you have many more alternatives, including goat’s milk and other animals’ milk.

The capra medium chain fatty acids have their own unique characteristics and benefits. But to refer to them as “better” than coconut oil is short-sighted. They are not better – just different.

Due to the recent rise in popularity of coconut oil, MCT oil has even been marketed as “liquid coconut oil” now. When lauric acid has been removed, the remaining MCTs stay liquid at much lower temperatures.

MCT oil is not true coconut oil, however, since it contains little or no lauric acid. One should not expect the same benefits from cooking with MCT oil (which traditionally has been a supplement or skin care ingredient, and only recently has been marketed as a cooking oil), as with coconut oil. (For more info see: Is Liquid Coconut Oil that stays Liquid in Your Refrigerator Real Coconut Oil?)

So while we are not saying that MCT oil is “bad,” the hype saying it is “better” than coconut oil just does not reflect the facts. It suggests that people making such statements are falling for marketing claims, without really investigating the true nature of MCT oil.

- See more at: http://healthimpactnews.com/2014/mct-oil-vs-coconut-oil-the-truth-exposed/#sthash.H3TcjykJ.dpuf

I already put somewhat unhealthy amounts of sugar in my coffee to begin with. I'm not trying compound my issues down the road with that stuff. Good on that.

how are your post coffee ***** in comparison to regular coffees? love coffee but hate the post game dump (which seems to be inevitable)

What's the point of drinking coffee if you don't even want to get the caffeine kick? Go drink water or tea.

Dude I work with swears by this. Says it also keeps him pretty full for the first part of the AM.

Been wanting to try.

It's legit been using it for two years. Bulletproof coffe, MCT oil, and grass fed butter. Helps you lose weight shed belly fat as well.

Some guy I knew told me about this last year. I didn't really notice anything other than it tastes really really good.

I've been wanting to try this, but something about butter in coffee just seems like it'll be gross.

Joe Rogan had that guy on his podcast and he was saying his coffee beans are superior because he filtered out all the mycotoxins, which is found naturally in coffee beans. So Joe decided to test the Bulletproof coffee along with 3 other random brands. What he found was all of them tested low for mycotoxins so Joe was perturbed at this guy for misleading people. All coffee manufacturers know about mycotoxins and process it accordingly because they obviously don't want to sell inferior tasting coffee.

At the end of the day Dave Asprey is a businessman. He has an MBA from Wharton and made his millions in the tech industry. He has no nutritional science background. All of his biohacks were designed for himself because he was sick and overweight. He takes a huge stack of supplements everyday to treat some weird condition he has. I don't think he looks very healthy either.

I'm sure buttered coffee has it's benefits but it rubs me the wrong way when someone says you have to buy THEIR brand of coffee because others won't work. That's some snake ****. I don't know much about MCT oil other than coconut oil is 60% MCT, so I guess pure MCT oil is better? There's no real money to be made from coconut oil because there's already a lot people making it so now they're making MCT oil like it's the next best thing that you got to have? I take a lot of vitamin/mineral supplements just to cover my bases but I am weary of these fad supplements on the market that are supposed to make me superhuman and cost a grip each month. I'm just trying to get some fresh air, eat my fruits and veggies, and call it a day. Read up on Blue Zones and look at what the people there eat and how they live their everyday lives. Okinawa, Loma Linda, Sardinia, Ikaria (a Greek island). They don't know **** about all the crap we in the west talk about when it comes to nutrition. Just shows you how simple health is.

Last edited:
I remember that, and Joe was upset because he was spreading and co-signing that BS :rofl:

I like the podcast for what it is, but I'm not buying what he's selling.

laugh.gif
Blew up his spot.

^^ Ya it's not as bad as I thought it would be, but you def gotta go with real butter. Coconut oil is goat too, as far as it having a better effect, I don't know. I'm not a huge fan of coffee to begin with but I use to drink a Monster every day and needed to stop, so I transitioned to coffee. Black coffee is horrendous so I tried the grass fed butter with some no sugar syrup and its pretty good, but I feel the crash a few hours later.

Back
Top Bottom