buy a macbook NOW or later?

Ive owned an apple before and its time to buy one again for college (using xp right now
indifferent.gif
)

should i buy one now, or in august-septemeber since i heard theres a new macbook coming out 3Q
nerd.gif

p.s im planning to get the 2nd package

• 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
  • 2GB memory
  • 160GB hard drive[sup]1[/sup]
  • Double-layer SuperDrive

Real talk, I heard something might be coming out in June. If you are a student, I'd wait until like july-august cuz I know they usually do a deal where youget a 100 dollars off a printer and a 100 dollars off an ipod.

**edit

With Apple though, it's almost a guaranteed L cuz whatever you buy you will regret it in about a month or two when they decide to upgrade it
smh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I've heard the new macbooks are gonna be a similar material to the macbook pro, instead of the plastic shell they currently have. It's supposed to alsohave increased battery life, wireless range, hard drive space, etc. and they'll almost certainly put it out for a similar price range ($2-3,000).

The way I see it, if you're not buying a mac product within the first 6 months to a year, you should probably just stick it out with what you have and waitfor the new version.

I have a powerbook G4. Bought it in 05 and I love this thing. No regrets.
Its like buying a new model car, the next year they tweak it a little, so what.
That doesn't take away from what it will do for you.

If you can wait, then wait. It never hurts, especially when they're saying the next Macbook refresh in Q3 will be a major one.

Originally Posted by Grizzlyboy

i had a g4 for two years and recently sold mine..i loved that thing..
but the reason i ask this is because, I want to know if it will be more expensivethan what they have now
ohwell.gif

Just wait for the upgrade. It will be aluminum like the macbook pro. it will carry the same price point of the current macbooks,but with increased everything.Just wait a couple months.

Originally Posted by wanksta23

Originally Posted by Grizzlyboy

i had a g4 for two years and recently sold mine..i loved that thing..
but the reason i ask this is because, I want to know if it will be more expensive than what they have now
ohwell.gif

Probably will be around the same. I think you should just wait for a good deal. Usually they have that student deal before school starts. And you can get afree Ipod or something.

I am thinking about getting a new Mac using my Bank of America Discount.
pimp.gif

whenever buying macs, buy them right when they get refreshes/upgrades because if you wait, the shorter the timeframe they are the most current

new ones, and i mean, PHYSICAL UPGRADES should be out towards the last quarter of 2008.

i've had my macbook pro almost at 6 months now, and all i can say is......

100% SATISFIED...

the best thing about these things is ORGANIZATION.

and the interface is smoooooth.

^ don't roll your eyes, it's a class that requires macs. trust me, although a lot people cop a mac to be cool or to fit in, i know a lot of people,myself included, who absolutely cannot use windows and prefer macs. personal preference is all it is. i just never understood why people try to look down onmac users as hypebeasts n whatnot

blah!

Originally Posted by jay kickz till i die

^ don't roll your eyes, it's a class that requires macs. trust me, although a lot people cop a mac to be cool or to fit in, i know a lot of people, myself included, who absolutely cannot use windows and prefer macs. personal preference is all it is. i just never understood why people try to look down on mac users as hypebeasts n whatnot

blah!

actually.. its more like macbook users looking down on windows users.. and yes most mac users are hypebeast with a few exceptions. what do people do withtheir macbooks differently then with a good old pc. i see these kids with macbooks, all they do is surf the internet. you can do that with a regular laptop. Ihave a dell xps m1330 and I love it. 500 dollars cheaper than a macbook and my laptop comes with an LED screen, dedicated graphics and an HDMI port. And donot tell me macs are more secure and what not. thats bull. It only took a hacker less than 5 mins to break in a mac book air in a hacking competition

I'm in the same boat, but its like the mac rep at my store said, " I always tell people, if you need one now, then buy it." It's really truecause there's always going to be a updated version coming out every couple of months, thats just the thing with all computers.

Originally Posted by Tupac Jordan

I went to kinkos one time and the stupid Mac mouse didn't have a left or right click!

I felt like a damn fool trying to right-click on a macbook at my intern one day. I ended up bringing my pc everyday after that.

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

^ don't roll your eyes, it's a class that requires macs. trust me, although a lot people cop a mac to be cool or to fit in, i know a lot of people, myself included, who absolutely cannot use windows and prefer macs. personal preference is all it is. i just never understood why people try to look down on mac users as hypebeasts n whatnot

blah!

actually.. its more like macbook users looking down on windows users.. and yes most mac users are hypebeast with a few exceptions. what do people do with their macbooks differently then with a good old pc. i see these kids with macbooks, all they do is surf the internet. you can do that with a regular laptop. I have a dell xps m1330 and I love it. 500 dollars cheaper than a macbook and my laptop comes with an LED screen, dedicated graphics and an HDMI port. And do not tell me macs are more secure and what not. thats bull. It only took a hacker less than 5 mins to break in a mac book air in a hacking competition

well personally i do some light video/photo editing and while windows has programs that does the same thing, i prefer using a mac because it's a loteasier to use. i think macs are more user friendly and intuitive. i mean, don't get me wrong, i know how to use a pc as well as the next guy but why gothrough the hassle when there are macs. and again, why are mac users hypebeasts just because they do normal pc functions? maybe they just prefer using a mac. iknow that's how i feel anyways. if people can afford it, why do you care how others spend their money.

*edit*
security is def. an issue when it comes to PCs. i'm not talking about how easy it is for someone to hack into a mac vs a pc. there will always be ahacker that will be able to get into anywhere they want. i'm talking about viruses and trojans which are virtually nonexistent for macbooks. sorry to sayit's not the same case for PCs

blah!

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

blah!

actually.. its more like macbook users looking down on windows users.. and yes most mac users are hypebeast with a few exceptions. what do people do with their macbooks differently then with a good old pc. i see these kids with macbooks, all they do is surf the internet. you can do that with a regular laptop. I have a dell xps m1330 and I love it. 500 dollars cheaper than a macbook and my laptop comes with an LED screen, dedicated graphics and an HDMI port. And do not tell me macs are more secure and what not. thats bull. It only took a hacker less than 5 mins to break in a mac book air in a hacking competition

well personally i do some light video/photo editing and while windows has programs that does the same thing, i prefer using a mac because it's a lot easier to use. i think macs are more user friendly and intuitive. i mean, don't get me wrong, i know how to use a pc as well as the next guy but why go through the hassle when there are macs. and again, why are mac users hypebeasts just because they do normal pc functions? maybe they just prefer using a mac. i know that's how i feel anyways. if people can afford it, why do you care how others spend their money.

*edit*
security is def. an issue when it comes to PCs. i'm not talking about how easy it is for someone to hack into a mac vs a pc. there will always be a hacker that will be able to get into anywhere they want. i'm talking about viruses and trojans which are virtually nonexistent for macbooks. sorry to say it's not the same case for PCs

blah!
they are nonexistence because hackers wont bother creating a virus for os x to begin with. But thats not the point. Viruses can be avoided if you knowhow to take care of your computer. Relying on a so called secure operating system won't make you a better problem solver.

^this is true and i guess it's for all the lazy computer users who really have to worry about viruses and such. it's not even that my pc runs poorlycompared to macs, it's just preference. i'm just saying for most users, people will cite security as a major concern because they don't want totake the correct measures to ensure their computer's safety. i'm not going to say one computer is better than another because the same specs can be hadin a pc and mac configuration. i will say that people have to try out each and see which caters to HIS needs rather than what other people will see as cool. ican understand people asking purchasing advice as to whether or not a product is worth buying but when you compare similar specs the computers are going to becomparable in the quality department for the most part.

blah!

Back
Top Bottom