Buying a New Car Soon...Advice Needed ASAP

Ok so I'm looking to buy a new car within the next 2 months.
I've limited my choices to 3 cars:
1) Mustang Deluxe Coupe (Mustangs are my favorite cars, but the gas mileage isn't exactly great; I really want aGT, but as a college student it's not the best choice economically.
2) Scion tC (the economical choice)
3) MINI Cooper S (I'm really liking this car a lot, and as of lately, this is the car i'm leaning towardspurchasing; however, I would like t know some thing before i get too excited about it.)

For MINI/MINI S owners...is it worth it to get the MINI S over the normal version? I'm puting down 5-6K (on whatever car i end up purchasing), and I wantto keep the total under 22-23K...extra features I don't really need...for any of these cars.
Can someone recommend maybe another car around the same price as these listed that would hold up well with little maintenance?
What are the advantages/disadvantages of a lease?
And all these cars will be automatic...I live in SoCal...and i don't know how to drive a manual transmission anyway
tired.gif

Thanks

I had a mustang and a mustang GT before. Let me tell you, they're not all that great. Sure they're reasonably powerful (the GT) but I prefer to have afew more bells and whistles and I think FORD missed the boat on that. My other knock was, the thing can't turn worth crap. And I had a bunch of blindspots,too.

If you're a college guy, and the car is going to be up there with you, I'd honestly get the Scion or Mini.

I hear the mini S is just more powerful, actually has some get up and go.

Scion is through Toyota, which holds some weight to me too.

Good luck, remember to drive all of them and be critical

for some strange reason i like the MINI S...( maybe its because of the movie Italian Job) i might look hella weird driving one.. but i would rather have onethen a civic (just to be different) with a mini s i think you get around 170hp that supercharged... and a 6 speed...
4hrymf.jpg

al2nvn.jpg

I had a TC, but it got totaled, and I wish I would have gotten an 06 used RSX Type-S.

The TC was a good car, great amount of features for the price, I liked the styling, a Toyota, I had no problems until the accident, which wasn't thecar's fault (it was the idiot who cut me off and sent me into a ditch at 70 mph).

I would get a manual if you're getting a TC too, that's what I had.

thanks for the input people. Anyone else?
i do understand that manuals offer better gas mileage, but idk how that good that would be in the daily traffic i drive in.

MINI Cooper S man! I have an 07. Love it to death, make sure you get it in manual transmission because it is very easy to learn on . Costs an extra 1500 forautomatic transmission. I live in Socal right now and manual transmission isn't a problem because it gives me something to do in traffic. 07+ Mini Coopersare turbocharged, I'm assuming you didn't test drive Mini's yet because you would've bought one already.

I've test drove the tC and the Mustang already. Havent gotten arund to driving the mini yet though. Does it really handle like a go-kart as they advertise?and how hard is it to learn a manual?

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

I've test drove the tC and the Mustang already. Havent gotten arund to driving the mini yet though. Does it really handle like a go-kart as they advertise? and how hard is it to learn a manual?

Not hard at all. From getting my manual to feeling comfortable to be on the streets alone was about a week of practice. Granted, I staled every otherlight that first day, but you'll be fine.

If you're looking to seriously get one of the cars you mentioned, then definitely get a manual. A much more fun and rewarding experience to drive acar.

Originally Posted by duckdafraft

Originally Posted by TeemOhtee

if you learn how to drive a manual its more economical & helps you save gas

thats not true anymore...
Originally Posted by jAAAys4days

Out of those three i would go for the mini cooper s. Theyre like go-carts and easy as hell to park.
till you end up smashed like one of them tin foil molds that use to come with monster truck toy sets....btw on a side note...tires for a mini are$$$$....thats when I know its serious commission time.

Originally Posted by duckdafraft

Originally Posted by TeemOhtee

if you learn how to drive a manual its more economical & helps you save gas

thats not true anymore...
how could an automatic ever be as economical as a manual?

it's just not possible. with an automatic, you have a torque converter that bleeds power.
the automatic wastes power to drive the high pressure hydraulic pumps required for its operation.

Back
Top Bottom