Buying tickets to mega events (BCS)

I'm going to New Orleans with my Dad next week during the BCS National Championship game, Alabama vs LSU. I've scalped, bought tickets online before etc. but not for anything like this (biggest thing was Celtics vs. Lakers NBA final tickets for about 300 each off craigslist meetup). Tickets are obviously extremely expensive (1,200 cheapest on stub hub right now) but we would like to go (dad is an Alabama grad). In my experience its been cheapest to wait until the last second (day before or day of) to buy but I'm obviously extremely nervous about buying fakes etc. Any one have any experience/advice for buying for an event like this and how to save a little money if possible?

Spending that much money I'd def me scared of getting fake tickets. Most of the time stubhub prices are a joke, AND you still gotta add 10% on top of that.
Like you said, waiting last minute you should be able to save some money. Make the scalper stand at the gate to make sure you walk in, then give them their money. If I'm paying 1200 a ticket, he better hold my hand if I want as I walk through the turnstiles

Back
Top Bottom