CALIFORNIA PEOPLE.. HELP A MILITARY MAN OUT!

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Personally, i'd say LA since it's in El Segundo which is where LAX is.

Freeway accessible by the 105 and 405, and a short distance from everything you would need.

Marysville has a prison doesn't it?
so does Lompoc

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

Alrighty... so I am in the Air Force and have been in North Carolina for 5 years and time to go to my next base finally! and looking to live on the west coast for the first time in my life.
A few Air Force bases out that way, just want your opinions on the area they are in to help me choose. Also school systems play a big part since my daughter will be around 4yrs old when i get there.

1. BEALE AIR FORCE BASE: MARYSVILLE, CA

2. EDWARDS AIR FORCE BASE: ROSAMOND, CA

3. LOS ANGELES AIR FORCE BASE: EL SEGUNDO, CA

4. TRAVIS AIR FORCE BASE: FAIRFIELD, CA

5. VANDENBERG AIR FORCE BASE: LOMPOC, CA

ALSO A MAP OF THE BASES FOR VISUAL REFERENCE:

mmr513.jpg

My dude, I swear on everything I just updated my dreamsheet on Friday and put LA as my #1. Hopefully you get it.

Cali
pimp.gif

This overseas money is cool but I miss normal, everyday life.

travis afb. its really chill out in fairfield 30 minutes from sac 45 minutes from sf. youre good to go!

Originally Posted by FudgeMoney24

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

1. BEALE AIR FORCE BASE: MARYSVILLE, CA

2. EDWARDS AIR FORCE BASE: ROSAMOND, CA

3. LOS ANGELES AIR FORCE BASE: EL SEGUNDO, CA

4. TRAVIS AIR FORCE BASE: FAIRFIELD, CA

5. VANDENBERG AIR FORCE BASE: LOMPOC, CA

Either LA or Fairfield, LA for the weather, Fairfield ur still close to SF, OAKLAND, u got outlets in vacaville pretty close to u. Depends if u wanna live IN the city or suburbs.

[color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]THE YAY[/color]A[color= rgb(0, 0, 255)]REA
[/color]
Pretty much
pimp.gif

I'll provide a few reasons why.

1. Traffic isn't as bad as SOCAL
2. 40 min from SF, great clubs in the city (non ayo clubs too)
3. The people in norcali are down to earth and much less superficial than LA.
4. the best weed in the world...
laugh.gif

5. the weather is GREAT, better than socal becuase we get just as little rain as socal, yet the temperature is more mild.

Lackland AFB ... I'm holding it down out here. Headed out the door for a deployment next week though. But nah, if I had to choose one of the bases out there it would be Travis. I've been to SoCal and it was cool to visit but very cogested unless you can get to like Port Hueneme out near Oxnard. I went out there before and it was cool. Not too many AF jobs out there but you can be a tech school instructor or MTL out there.

Travis is about 15-20min from Vacaville so you can get your outlet pickups and about 45-60 min away from San Francisco. Otherwise it's in the cut. I would probably say go to El Segundo tho.....

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

Yep... I'm leaning towards Travis AFB in Fairfield.

What makes you think your gonna get something on the west coast, let alone Cali? I'm also in the AF and I think we both know how the assignment "dreamsheet" works. Unless of course you have a BOP or follow on....

Back
Top Bottom