California propositions thread: Props 1,2,3,8,9,11,12 Pass, Props 4,5,6,7,10 fail

I just don't see why this was such a big deal.

They're still going to be gay...does it really matter that they want to get married?

Let them live.

8 shouldn't have passed.

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Originally Posted by Frankie CALentino

For anyone who wants to use the "animal kingdom" as a way to support homosexuality. Let me get this straight (No pun). Do you mean the same animal kingdom where dogs hump fire hydrants, humans and stuffed animals?

GOOD POINT, I WANT MY RIGHT TO HUMP FIRE HYDRANTS AND STUFFED ANIMALS

laugh.gif
Nobody is stopping you.

You can right to Build-A-Bear workshop and make you a "thick" bear with HIPS and heels!

Or you can make you a bear with rippling biceps and boy shorts that give you "such a ragging clue". That's on you.

THEN DON'T STOP MY AUNT FROM MARRYING HER PARTNER
WHY ARE YOU TYPING IN CAPS? ARE YOU SCREAMING AT ME?

Maybe people are trying to help them avoid something worse.
tired.gif
But hey believe what you will. You keep voting no and if I ever get the chance I'll vote yes.
you think you are saving them... really?

Originally Posted by itz rOLLi

For anyone who wants to use the "animal kingdom" as a way to support homosexuality. Let me get this straight (No pun). Do you mean the same animal kingdom where dogs hump fire hydrants, humans and stuffed animals?

GOOD POINT, I WANT MY RIGHT TO HUMP FIRE HYDRANTS AND STUFFED ANIMALS

laugh.gif
Nobody is stopping you.

You can right to Build-A-Bear workshop and make you a "thick" bear with HIPS and heels!

Or you can make you a bear with rippling biceps and boy shorts that give you "such a ragging clue". That's on you.

THEN DON'T STOP MY AUNT FROM MARRYING HER PARTNER
WHY ARE YOU TYPING IN CAPS? ARE YOU SCREAMING AT ME?

Maybe people are trying to help them avoid something worse.
tired.gif
But hey believe what you will. You keep voting no and if I ever get the chance I'll vote yes.
you think you are saving them... really?
Can't save everybody but I can at least warn them so they can save themselves. I know I will get like 20 messages saying "we don'tbelieve what you believe" or "shut up sheep". But whatever. It is what it is. I still love ya.

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

Originally Posted by theyhatinonme

Originally Posted by Untitled

i knew it wasn't gonna pass...you just can't lump the struggle of civil rights and homosexual rights together and think its gonna be hunky dory...

Truth. It is an insult to people of all races to compare gays to race equality.
Word....an insult to the civil rights movement of the 60s and it's leaders....R.I.P.
185px-BayardRustinAug1963-LibraryOfCongress.jpg

Bayard Rustin (March 17, 1912 - August 24, 1987) was an American civil rights activist, important largely behind the scenes in the civilrights movement of the 1960s and earlier, and principal organizer of the 1963 March on Washington for Jobs andFreedom. He counseled Martin Luther King, Jr. on thetechniques of nonviolent resistance. Rustin was openly gay [1] and advocated on behalfof gay and lesbian causes in the latter part of his career.

A year before his death in 1987, Rustin said: "The barometer of where one is on human rights questions is no longer the black community, it's the gay community. Because it is the community which is most easilymistreated."

Dam 31 pages? You guys still arguing about this? I haven't read anything since the earlier pages.

You guys aren't going to convince each other to think another way. Sooo...... People keep voting yes and the others keep voting no and don't askquestions because this will never end.

Originally Posted by jae oh en

i knew it wasn't gonna pass...you just can't lump the struggle of civil rights and homosexual rights together and think its gonna be hunky dory...

Word....an insult to the civil rights movement of the 60s and it's leaders....R.I.P.

Bayard Rustin (March 17, 1912 - August 24, 1987) was an American civil rights activist, important largely behind the scenes in the civil rights movement of the 1960s and earlier, and principal organizer of the 1963 March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom. He counseled Martin Luther King, Jr. on the techniques of nonviolent resistance. Rustin was openly gay [1] and advocated on behalf of gay and lesbian causes in the latter part of his career.

A year before his death in 1987, Rustin said: "The barometer of where one is on human rights questions is no longer the black community, it's the gay community. Because it is the community which is most easily mistreated."
Oh baby

Bayard Rustin (March 17, 1912 - August 24, 1987) was an American civil rights activist, important largely behind the scenes in the civil rights movement of the 1960s and earlier, and principal organizer of the 1963 March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom. He counseled Martin Luther King, Jr. on the techniques of nonviolent resistance. Rustin was openly gay [1] and advocated on behalf of gay and lesbian causes in the latter part of his career.

A year before his death in 1987, Rustin said: "The barometer of where one is on human rights questions is no longer the black community, it's the gay community. Because it is the community which is most easily mistreated."

QFT

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Measure for BART extension to San Jose undecided[/h1]
The Associated Press

Article Launched: 11/06/2008 05:52:17 AM PST

SAN JOSE, Calif.-It could be weeks before a ballot measure that would raise the sales tax in Santa Clara County to help pay for a BART extension into Silicon Valley is decided.
Santa Clara County elections officials say Measure B has received 66.3 percent of the vote in favor, but that remains a fraction under the two-thirds required for approval.

The measure would raise the sales tax by one-eighth of a cent to help pay for a BART extension to San Jose.

With about 164,000 absentee and provisional ballots still not counted, election officials say they won't certify the results until Dec. 2.

Information from: San Jose Mercury News, http://www.sjmercury.comhttp://www.sjmercury.com

http://www.sjmercury.com

Good news for us BART supporters! At least its hasn't lost!

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I know its been HEATED in here guys/girls. To me its debating and sometimes it gets that way.

Both teams fought hard. No hard feelings?

Originally Posted by MDterps4

^
Where's the genetic trait that determines sexual preference? The complete Human Genome has been uncovered, and scientists have no problem determining eye color for example given DNA, so why can't they determine sexual preference given DNA? Is it because there isn't such a gene? Probably.

But why would you willingly want to be ridiculed by a large part of society? Why would you try so hard to convince yourself you're straight, get married and have kids and still come out? Because it's fun?
It's called covert prestige. People like belonging to an exclusive, minority, group. Whether it be racially, linguistically, whatever. For example, some white kids like to act like "wiggers" even though most of the white community would look down at these kids.

I agree that this is discrimination, and it's wrong, BUT in no way do I think one is born gay. You people aren't changing my opinion so live with it. I'm not trying to ridicule gay people or say that I hate them, but they make a conscious decision to be gay. Any straight person could easily decide that he wants to have sexual relations with someone of the same sex and vica versa.
easily decide to have sexual relations with some one of the same sex? That's called bisexual doggie

Originally Posted by In The Line For VIIs

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Measure for BART extension to San Jose undecided[/h1]
The Associated Press

Article Launched: 11/06/2008 05:52:17 AM PST

SAN JOSE, Calif.-It could be weeks before a ballot measure that would raise the sales tax in Santa Clara County to help pay for a BART extension into Silicon Valley is decided.
Santa Clara County elections officials say Measure B has received 66.3 percent of the vote in favor, but that remains a fraction under the two-thirds required for approval.

The measure would raise the sales tax by one-eighth of a cent to help pay for a BART extension to San Jose.

With about 164,000 absentee and provisional ballots still not counted, election officials say they won't certify the results until Dec. 2.

Information from: San Jose Mercury News, http://www.sjmercury.comhttp://www.sjmercury.comhttp://www.sjmercury.com

http://www.sjmercury.com

Good news for us BART supporters! At least its hasn't lost!

How many times has it been denied because San Jose doesn't want to pay higher taxes for the BART? Hopefully it does this time though.

IMO they need to bring the BART out to Vallejo or Fairfield and service the north bay area. Its a long shot.

I know its been HEATED in here guys/girls. To me its debating and sometimes it gets that way.

no hard feelings here, for the record im a christian also

definitely no hard feelings on my end. although dude saying i had the same mindset as a slave owner was sorta
eyes.gif
x
laugh.gif
, when im in here preaching about human rights and equality.

562- there was some protests at city hall and stuff like that. definitely nothing on the scale as socal's protests
laugh.gif
. i think most people up here areover it since they all know it'll be on the ballot again. and if the trend continues, it shouldn't have the same outcome. for the time being i'mjust sorta ashamed our state took a couple steps back when our country just took a leap forward.

Socially, society should be in anarchy, thus no one telling anyone else how to live their life. economically, we should be communist, i.e everyone shareseverything without diserment. But since we live in the society we live in, social/economically we should be democrats. No on prop 8

no hard feelings here, for the record im a christian also
smile.gif

definitely no hard feelings on my end. although dude saying i had the same mindset as a slave owner was sorta
eyes.gif
x
laugh.gif
, when im in here preaching about human rights and equality.
laugh.gif
Dudes be going in like they playing call of duty. Go copthat.

You owe whoever makes that game for the product push.

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

^
Where's the genetic trait that determines sexual preference? The complete Human Genome has been uncovered, and scientists have no problem determining eye color for example given DNA, so why can't they determine sexual preference given DNA? Is it because there isn't such a gene? Probably.

But why would you willingly want to be ridiculed by a large part of society? Why would you try so hard to convince yourself you're straight, get married and have kids and still come out? Because it's fun?
It's called covert prestige. People like belonging to an exclusive, minority, group. Whether it be racially, linguistically, whatever. For example, some white kids like to act like "wiggers" even though most of the white community would look down at these kids.

I agree that this is discrimination, and it's wrong, BUT in no way do I think one is born gay. You people aren't changing my opinion so live with it. I'm not trying to ridicule gay people or say that I hate them, but they make a conscious decision to be gay. Any straight person could easily decide that he wants to have sexual relations with someone of the same sex and vica versa.
easily decide to have sexual relations with some one of the same sex? That's called bisexual doggie

Actually there has been proof that people are born gay. I cannot give you the name because i do not want to look in my book but there is a psychologist whostudied over hundreds of brains. It was a experiment in which he did not know who was gay or straight and was able to find something in the brain of gaypeople that was all similar and when he put them aside this thing was the same as all the women brains but very different from men brains that were straight. I will post the name of the psychologist later tommorrow.

I posted this video earlier but seems like it was over looked its about transgerder children not really about gays but i think it makes a good argument againstthe idea that people decide to be gay/transgender. theres 5 parts to the video i just added the first one.

Back
Top Bottom