California School of Culinary Arts- Pasadena, CA: Does any go there or no anyone who does?

My g/f is trying to decide if she should attend this school. She has a love for baking but it looks like its going to cost her around $30,000 total. She'sbeen looking for reviews but can't seem to find much. Through my own research, it seems like its one of the top cooking schools in Cali. What have you guysheard about this school?

lol, the only job you're going to land after graduating there is a line chef at TGIFridays. I have close friends at New York Culinary Institute which isbetter then this place and it's a lucrative business to get into. After graduation, she went on to work at some pretty decent restaurant in Los Angeleswith a specialty in desserts but it's different between passion and as a career - a distaste will ensue, seriously.

Don't worry about the money, you could get a loan pretty easily because banks are more lenient to approve loans for education. There are also lots of aidsand special contracts you could set up with various companies after graduating so that they could pay off your tuition costs.

Lucky for my friend, her parents own a few home healths and she's back to managing that, cooking only as a hobby now.

Back
Top Bottom