California signs 1st in nation law for College athletes to make money VOL. NCAA endgame

This is the best way to pay the athletes without having title 9 issues and all the other nonsense that comes from joe qb making 5 mill from the school while Jane field hockey making $7

The NCAA has only themselves to blame. They knew this day was coming but didn't adapt or want to change. Reminds me of BlackBerry...they refused to change, believed the one thing they did was good enough but eventually everyone and everything around them changed and by the time the realized it was to late.
These rulings are going to open up a pandora's box of complications; rampant cheating, sham endorsement deals and the complete professionalization of college sports.

The NCAA has only themselves to blame. They knew this day was coming but didn't adapt or want to change. Reminds me of BlackBerry...they refused to change, believed the one thing they did was good enough but eventually everyone and everything around them changed and by the time the realized it was to late.
These rulings are going to open up a pandora's box of complications; rampant cheating, sham endorsement deals and the complete professionalization of college sports.

Agreed. The NCAAs refusal to compromise and smug approach when it came to this matter is a big part to why things are where they are today. College sports is a business.

As much as they want to push that “student athlete” narrative. When you got top tier college coaches making multi million dollar salaries, networks paying billions to watch the games, and coaches being able to disregard contracts and jump from school to school despite players committing to a school because that coach recruited him, it’s a bad precedent.

The way the current format is. I couldn’t blame a one and done type guy like Zion if they just openly broke NCAA rules and did whatever they wanted during their semester on campus. It’s not going to affect their draft stock and if anyone gets in trouble it’ll be the university, but that doesn’t affect him personally.

Agree

If they would've been fair from the get go wouldn't be an issue. They had so much power they had little incentive to change .

Finally! About damn time considering all the money their games, merchandise, etc. make for their school’s

Nah. Being the BMOC at Duke/UNC/UK >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> going overseas at 17/18.

The college athletic experience (especially at a big time program) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> .

LaMelo would be at a blue blood program right now if he wasn't ruled ineligible.

I respectfully disagree...If Lamelo and RJ go in the lottery I expect even more players to bet on themselves and leave for overseas.

The value of being a marquee player at a team like Duke, UNC, UCLA, etc. will never go away.

Interesting perspective on the topic.

On this episode, we dig into the newly signed ‘Fair Pay to Play Act’, allowing college athletes to make money off of their likeness. Of course it’s a step in the right direction and a game changer. However, there’s another side to the coin. Gil flips it over and looks at the entry point for the brands and companies looking to make money off of the players.

Who really benefits? Why it all revolves around the one-and-done players. And why it’s mainly about basketball versus other sports.

We’ll see how things shake out as this thing takes shape and what the actual money looks like. There’s a big winner here and Gil points out that is the bigger play.

I just hope this compensating a player means we can get our college sport title video games back.

Cali about to corner the market on top college athletes if other states dont adapt quickly. Could be huge in states where college sports rule. This **** is chess not checkers....

****s going to be funny when top recruits basically say “**** your little bowl games and tournaments, pay me” and go to Cali schools.

and pay me as in endorsements and profiting off their name/image. I know they aren’t getting paid directly by the university.

Back
Top Bottom