California's redwoods > your region's trees.

Y'all ain't got #%#$.
n6710948_36260848_5709.jpg
n6710948_36260850_6306.jpg
399px-030803a_redwoodfog.jpg

Sequoia sempervirens latin for ever-living. These magnificent trees can live to over 3,000 years old and grow taller than 350 ft. Hands down thecoolest trees in the world.

i love these trees.

interestingly enough, whenever I think about redwood trees, I picture you in the forest standing next to one smiling, or even hugging one.

THOSE TREES ARE HUGE.
E$nviro teacher was talking about them and he had a pic of this person in front of one. they looked so small.

went there many years ago as a family.. MISSED THE TREE YOU DRIVE THROUGH.. biggest one there lol

We've got video from my childhood with me and my brother climbing around inside the trunks of these massive trees.

They even have a couple that are still alive that you can drive though if my memory serves me correct.

I drove through there on my way to work at Eureka. Pictures don't do it justice, you feel in awe when you see them.

Originally Posted by EdZ OnE

I always wanted one of those in my backyard

I have two pet redwoods. They're small now, but one day they will be mongoloid. If I had to choose the method of my death I think I'd like to becrushed by one of these massive trees. Either that or eaten by some exotic animal. Perhaps mauled by a wild grizzly bear or swallowed by a blue whale.

Originally Posted by KingLouisXIV

If I had to choose the method of my death I think I'd like to be crushed by one of these massive trees. Either that or eaten by some exotic animal. Perhaps mauled by a wild grizzly bear or swallowed by a blue whale.
The only trees better than California Redwoods are the ones you seem to be smoking.

Anyway, Redwoods are amazing. It's like they demand silence.

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

Originally Posted by KingLouisXIV

If I had to choose the method of my death I think I'd like to be crushed by one of these massive trees. Either that or eaten by some exotic animal. Perhaps mauled by a wild grizzly bear or swallowed by a blue whale.
The only trees better than California Redwoods are the ones you seem to be smoking.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by bonafide101

This might be dumb but, am I able to grow one in my backyard? lol

Depends. Is your yard large enough? These trees grow quickly and ~5 years they will cast shade on your house and neighbors in suburban lots. Also, they'rehardy growing trees, but don't tolerate long periods of freezing weather. I live in CA, specifically coastal, northern CA, so I've always had access toredwoods. I'm not so sure if nurseries on the east coast would carry them.

KL, I know you will get this.

"Oh wow, well that's amazing."

"So you mean that these trees can get that big, oh wow."

"Well those trees are truly a part of California's Gold."

I was in Redwood City, CA for July 4th one year!!! I swear they took a course outta this place in one of the older Need for Speeds! All high up in themountains, curviest roads ever!

Back
Top Bottom