Call Of Duty: Black Ops Multiplayer trailer

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

Well...if that +*%% is true, looks like it's one and done (w/ MW2) for me as far as COD games.
Seriously. We're spending 60+ on the game.. and for the 360 folks we already have to pay to play online..now they're charging us to play the game we just spent 60 bucks on
smh.gif
Damn.

Activision is out of their minds. I understand as a business, maximizing profits. This is outright greed.

I hope the consumer lets them know how they feel by passing on the game or premium components (however this hashes out).

Activision is out of their minds. I understand as a business, maximizing profits. This is outright greed.

I hope the consumer lets them know how they feel by passing on the game or premium components (however this hashes out).

Originally Posted by TurboMan

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

I was pumped for this game... until I read this.

And before anyone says it was denied already, this just popped up again yesterday/this morning.

[h1]Black Ops premium rumours resurface[/h1]

8:07 am Wednesday 11 August, 2010

by James Cullinane

According to industry news publication MCV, Activision is working on a premium subscription model for the online component of Treyarch’s Call of Duty: Black Ops and will announce their plans on September 1st when the company unveils the game’s multiplayer.

The news comes in spite of insistences to the opposite by both Treyarch’s Josh Olin and Infinity Ward’s Rob Bowling.

“Despite the scepticism Pachter’s report was greeted with by many MCV readers, MCV has been lead to believe that Activision IS preparing to announce a premium multiplayer component for Call of Duty: Black Ops, and that the announcement could be made by next month,

Originally Posted by TurboMan

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

I was pumped for this game... until I read this.

And before anyone says it was denied already, this just popped up again yesterday/this morning.

[h1]Black Ops premium rumours resurface[/h1]

8:07 am Wednesday 11 August, 2010

by James Cullinane

According to industry news publication MCV, Activision is working on a premium subscription model for the online component of Treyarch’s Call of Duty: Black Ops and will announce their plans on September 1st when the company unveils the game’s multiplayer.

The news comes in spite of insistences to the opposite by both Treyarch’s Josh Olin and Infinity Ward’s Rob Bowling.

“Despite the scepticism Pachter’s report was greeted with by many MCV readers, MCV has been lead to believe that Activision IS preparing to announce a premium multiplayer component for Call of Duty: Black Ops, and that the announcement could be made by next month,

I'm not paying for an online subscription. The hit I take in grades at university playing this ^$%& is fee enough.

If a premium membership gets me free DLC, ala Playstation +, then maybe... It would have to be some terrific stuff, not a membership ala an MMORPG. You don't do that for an FPS, for $#%@'s sake.

I'm not paying for an online subscription. The hit I take in grades at university playing this ^$%& is fee enough.

If a premium membership gets me free DLC, ala Playstation +, then maybe... It would have to be some terrific stuff, not a membership ala an MMORPG. You don't do that for an FPS, for $#%@'s sake.

A subscription fee? They should talk to Microsoft and get a cut from XBL,
47035c50ed10b7b643dd01280b23f6c2b469a60.gif
us paying them; if there is a subscription fee, I'm def not coppin, I'll be good with 2k11 and NCAA Football and MW2 like now.  
them if they actually do that.

A subscription fee? They should talk to Microsoft and get a cut from XBL,
us paying them; if there is a subscription fee, I'm def not coppin, I'll be good with 2k11 and NCAA Football and MW2 like now.  
them if they actually do that.

As bad as pay to play sounds, there will be millions of people that will pay regardless, just like alot of the people that complained about the maps, people still bought them. As much as i hate the idea can't really call it greed if you know people are willing to pay. And it's sad to say that if this proves to be successful then we'll be paying a crap load of monthly fee's for years to come.

As bad as pay to play sounds, there will be millions of people that will pay regardless, just like alot of the people that complained about the maps, people still bought them. As much as i hate the idea can't really call it greed if you know people are willing to pay. And it's sad to say that if this proves to be successful then we'll be paying a crap load of monthly fee's for years to come.

Originally Posted by Will0827

Yeah, I think you can call it greed, though.

Originally Posted by Will0827

Yeah, I think you can call it greed, though.

I saw that fee #$% coming a mile away. All those savages that have +90 days of playing time on MW2 can now burn their money to the r[sup]n[/sup] because we all know time=$

I saw that fee #$% coming a mile away. All those savages that have +90 days of playing time on MW2 can now burn their money to the r[sup]n[/sup] because we all know time=$

Back
Top Bottom