Callin Glass

Y is it dat when we play basketball, we gotta call glass b4 we shoot it? I never understood this rule. Thanks in advance.

laugh.gif
If you tryin to go off the glass, call it. I've ALWAYS played open gym that way... If you don't call it, take it up top and check up...

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

laugh.gif
If you tryin to go off the glass, call it. I've ALWAYS played open gym that way... If you don't call it, take it up top and check up...

Are you serious? people always joke about this where I play, but I didn't think anybody would actually enforce it.. you gonna call that crap you'vegotta start calling out people for ugly shots that go in that don't bank, too.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Wow
laugh.gif

It's kinda like the same reason you call your shot in pool. I mean, you COULD just hit the 8 ball as hard as #%**@%@ possible, hoping inertia and geometryrandomly come together in a stroke of magnificent luck..... or..... you can provide evidence of some sort of skill by predicting the course of your shot beforeyou shoot it. People that play with skill hate to lose to "bad luck".

Originally Posted by DearWinter219

It's kinda like the same reason you call your shot in pool. I mean, you COULD just hit the 8 ball as hard as #%**@%@ possible, hoping inertia and geometry randomly come together in a stroke of magnificent luck..... or..... you can provide evidence of some sort of skill by predicting the course of your shot before you shoot it. People that play with skill hate to lose to "bad luck".

in pool, you got 6 holes to go to. you HAVE to call it. in basketball, it either goes in or out. i dont see the reason for needing to call bank.

this aint pool.

keyword... kinda
nerd.gif
... the analogy is sufficient, though not exact. The reasoning is identical, which is what counts.

I only call glass if i'm using backboard on purpose.. i wish someone would tell me to take it up top if i dont call it
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

laugh.gif

Are you serious? people always joke about this where I play, but I didn't think anybody would actually enforce it.. you gonna call that crap you've gotta start calling out people for ugly shots that go in that don't bank, too.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DearWinter219

keyword... kinda
nerd.gif
... the analogy is sufficient, though not exact. The reasoning is identical, which is what counts.

Not really.

Everybody shoots with the intention of making it... but there's a million different ways to shoot a basketball and make it go in - how are you supposed tobe telling people how they should and shouldn't be shooting it?

If they can bank it in everytime and make it, good for them.. why should they have to call it? If it was a one time lucky thing, why the hell do you care,they won't be making many more of them.

I see people making all kinds of "lucky" shots in pickup games.. the majority of shots you'll see outside of major organized basketball games canbe called lucky, considering the shooting percentages most of these people put up over the course of their careers and the skill involved with their actualshooting form.

To start saying that a bank is somehow luckier than any other crappy put-together effort seems a bit ludicrous to me. Making a bank shot is not all that easy,or else everyone would shoot that way all the time. Why penalize somebody for it?

Back
Top Bottom