**CALLING ALL SPRINTERS AND RUNNERS!!! NEED SOME ADVICE for the 300m!!

Hi guys,
   I have been training on my speed and short distance running (specifically the 300m sprint and 1.5 miles runs)....I am decent at the 1.5 mile run, but my main issue is the 300m sprint.

Any track or sprinters able to lend some points on how to improve my sprint?? Im looking for a goal time of 46.0 - 48.0 sec 300m sprint time or something as close as possible.  Ive realized that my times are inconsistant...on a good day i can hit 48-49 but on a bad day hit in the low 50s. 

Any training tips to improve speed and power off the start would be most helpful.

Also any 1.5 mile tips would be helpful too, maybe i can improve my time on that as well.

THANKS!!

Hi guys,
   I have been training on my speed and short distance running (specifically the 300m sprint and 1.5 miles runs)....I am decent at the 1.5 mile run, but my main issue is the 300m sprint.

Any track or sprinters able to lend some points on how to improve my sprint?? Im looking for a goal time of 46.0 - 48.0 sec 300m sprint time or something as close as possible.  Ive realized that my times are inconsistant...on a good day i can hit 48-49 but on a bad day hit in the low 50s. 

Any training tips to improve speed and power off the start would be most helpful.

Also any 1.5 mile tips would be helpful too, maybe i can improve my time on that as well.

THANKS!!

for your 1.5 mile help, you can do 800 meter repeats and work on that. maybe do 3-4 reps of those and on a harder workout switch it up to 1200 meter repeats. Try to keep a consistent time and you'll get faster at those in a matter of weeks. But i dont know how exactly you should mesh that into a workout routine where you are constantly trying to work on your 300 meters. I always ran 300 meter sprints after a long track workout atleast 3 or 4 times before calling it a day.

for your 1.5 mile help, you can do 800 meter repeats and work on that. maybe do 3-4 reps of those and on a harder workout switch it up to 1200 meter repeats. Try to keep a consistent time and you'll get faster at those in a matter of weeks. But i dont know how exactly you should mesh that into a workout routine where you are constantly trying to work on your 300 meters. I always ran 300 meter sprints after a long track workout atleast 3 or 4 times before calling it a day.

When I ran the 400 in hs, we would do 800 break downs...800, then 600, then 400, 300, 200,100. My kick was always my strongest part...

How do you start ur 300, at 90 or hit 100 percent right away?

When I ran the 400 in hs, we would do 800 break downs...800, then 600, then 400, 300, 200,100. My kick was always my strongest part...

How do you start ur 300, at 90 or hit 100 percent right away?

ecook i start probably at 100% any recommendations??

philosoraptor: yea tell me about it, i guess the whole thing about the 300m and 1.5mi is SPEED i need to finish as fast as possible...basically my physical test is 1. max situps in 1 min; 2. 300m sprint; 3. max puships; 4. 1.5 mi run

im working on my pushup and situps which can only get better with time and repetition but as for the 300m im thinking endurance is key and stamina but im trying to learn how to build that qualities needed to run the 300 without getting of breath after 150 or 200m which is the case since im basically jogging the last 100 or so of the 300m

thanks for the tips guys!!

looking forward to hearing some more

ecook i start probably at 100% any recommendations??

philosoraptor: yea tell me about it, i guess the whole thing about the 300m and 1.5mi is SPEED i need to finish as fast as possible...basically my physical test is 1. max situps in 1 min; 2. 300m sprint; 3. max puships; 4. 1.5 mi run

im working on my pushup and situps which can only get better with time and repetition but as for the 300m im thinking endurance is key and stamina but im trying to learn how to build that qualities needed to run the 300 without getting of breath after 150 or 200m which is the case since im basically jogging the last 100 or so of the 300m

thanks for the tips guys!!

looking forward to hearing some more

Back
Top Bottom