calling all streatwear/clothing brand owners..

*FLAME SUIT ACTIVATED*

As corny NT makes it seem, I'd like to get into the clothing game..Can any of you guys point me in the right direction? are screen printing companies my only option? what about for items other then T-shirts and hoodies?(beanies, button downs, socks, etc)

How much money did you invest for start up costs? I have the PS designs/ sketchs, photographer homies and karmaloop looking dudes to model but have no idea how to get the product made with quality  material at the right price.

People arent kidding when they say a topic like this comes up every month.

Streetwear is a dieing kind, it will never die completely, but it isnt as big as it was a few years ago. Stay in school chap.

Seriously though, Stussy is the only brand that has survived the waves of streetwear fads. All other brands have died out really.  Doesnt seem worth it

Originally Posted by TylerrS99

Seriously though, Stussy is the only brand that has survived the waves of streetwear fads. All other brands have died out really.  Doesnt seem worth it

Supreme?

I dont see Supreme going down anytime soon at all.

thanks guys! have an of you actually started a brand? what about for clothing other then screen printed t's? who would I go see?

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

Streetwear is a dieing kind, it will never die completely, but it isnt as big as it was a few years ago. Stay in school chap.

Don't listen to him.
They said the same thing when we started. They've said it over and over again up until yesterday.

"Streetwear" doesn't really exist, it's a made-up term, so it doesn't even make sense. It's a business, like any other business. And business never dies.

Incorrect.

Originally Posted by bobbytripledigits

Don't listen to him.
They said the same thing when we started. They've said it over and over again up until yesterday.

"Streetwear" doesn't really exist, it's a made-up term, so it doesn't even make sense. It's a business, like any other business. And business never dies.

I support TH, its my favorite brand. But lets be serious, streetwear is NOT as big as it was a few years ago. Like I said, its never gonna die completely, but it isnt as big either. For every one company that put their mark on the industry, there was probably MORE than a handful that failed.

Originally Posted by Reginald Noble

thanks guys! have an of you actually started a brand? what about for clothing other then screen printed t's? who would I go see?
Try Alibaba.com or attend tradeshows where they have sourcing departments.
But I'd strongly suggest starting with graphic t-shirts first, printing on blanks with a screen-print shop. It's cheap, everyone wears tees, it's a great way to promote the brand as a start-up. Low risk, big rewards.

Originally Posted by bobbytripledigits

Don't listen to him.

I support TH, its my favorite brand. But lets be serious, streetwear is NOT as big as it was a few years ago. Like I said, its never gonna die completely, but it isnt as big either. For every one company that put their mark on the industry, there was probably MORE than a handful that failed.
"Streetwear" the version you knew in the mid-2000s is not as big. You're absolutely right. But everything has its ebbs and flows. Streetwear was gigantic in the late '80s and early '90s, then it was huge in other countries, then it came back here, etc.  But for most people, "streetwear" is an arbitrary categorization anyways. And if you consider that, then Streetwear is as big and broad as ever. Everyone from a Young & Reckless to Rocawear can be considered Streetwear in someone's eyes. Like I was saying, business never goes out of style. And at the end of the day, Streetwear is a business, and will always figure out a way to survive and grow.
To the original poster, if Streetwear really is dead, then now is the time to strike.  You do NOT want to enter a game where there are 500 other contenders vying for first place.  Get in there when it's small, build the scene yourself, and own the game.

552030_744850147794_62300435_32721408_1893549193_n.jpg
419285_713545881794_62300435_32641128_1041684397_n.jpg
553361_10100725475089134_23322442_51521520_1030935850_n.jpg

527378_734022606274_62300435_32705162_239354530_n.jpg

Not mine, but its my homies pet project http://www.pennycandy.bigcartel.com/

bobbytripledigits wrote:

But I'd strongly suggest starting with graphic t-shirts first, printing on blanks with a screen-print shop. It's cheap, everyone wears tees, it's a great way to promote the brand as a start-up. Low risk, big rewards.

Thanks, Ill check it out. Would you recommend using a shop or actually purchasing a screen printer? Ive found some for a few hundred bucks or so, is it worth it?

bobbytripledigits wrote:

Thanks, Ill check it out. Would you recommend using a shop or actually purchasing a screen printer? Ive found some for a few hundred bucks or so, is it worth it?

If you aren't familiar with the art and practice of screen printing, then definitely don't do it yourself. And you're looking at a Speedball kit or something, which is rudimentary, for arts and crafts projects. Real machines cost hundreds of thousands of dollars. Go with a local shop in your area that can show you some of their past work

thanks bobby, appreciate the advice...I was down in Miami today to meet with a client of my moms who is a "big time" distributor in south America..basically shot down all my ideas that I considered outside of the box when it comes to my vision of my brand, was hopping to be able to work with him for the production of my stuff but now I want nothing more then to mail him some free gear to shut him up 

Gotta get back to work, but if you have more questions, look through my tumblr (bobbyhundreds.tumblr) for advice I've given in the past. Or past interviews I've done. Bottomline: Don't listen to what anyone says, it's easy to talk (positive or negatively), but it takes balls and effort to work hard at something you want and achieve it. And anyone can do it, that's the awesomeness of Streetwear. Good luck man

thanks bobby, appreciate the advice...I was down in Miami today to meet with a client of my moms who is a "big time" distributor in south America..basically shot down all my ideas that I considered outside of the box when it comes to my vision of my brand, was hopping to be able to work with him for the production of my stuff but now I want nothing more then to mail him some free gear to shut him up 
Success is the best revenge. But trust me, once you start moving, you'll be having so much fun and doing so well, that you won't even have time to hold a grudge.  The bitter, hateful people of the world are the ones who aren't doing anything, because it takes a lot of time and energy to harp on other people and bring 'em down. Everyone I know who excels in life is too busy for all the drama and nonsense.  Good luck man!! Can't wait to see your stuff out there

Stussy is dead my man

Originally Posted by SolexSup

Stussy is dead my man

So stussy is dead, but they still making millions?! that doesn't make any sense. Same with fubu, Fubu been dead to all the cool urban hipster kid, yet they made millions worldwide selling at walmart and other big chain company. Like what BOBBY said, no matter what its a business, and just because we are too cool for the mainstream garbage doesn't mean its dead. Because the Mainstream garbage we flame about are the one that actually smoking a cigar on their 10 million dollars yacht... 

Back
Top Bottom