Calling NT barbers for recommendations

I've been cutting my hair for years and with my birthday coming up, I think it's time I retire a 2 guard that doesn't fit, a Remington clipper thathasn't had any oil in years, and a disposable razor for line-ups.

I'm looking to get barber-quality clippers/liners. Manufacturers, model names, and any information is greatly appreciated.

jessica-alba-20070802-293475.jpg

hmm i was thinking the same thing....ill prolly cop those.where can i find them at a good price??

The golden standard for barbers in terms of clippers is either the Oster 76 or the Andis Master.

The Oster 76 has the most powerful motor on the market and can cut hair fairly quickly. The Andis Master has a lever on the side for fine adjustments to thecut without the need for a different blade. It's really a matter of preference between the two; if you're going to go with an all even cut and knowwhat blade and guard to use to get it, i'd reccommend the Oster 76. However if you want to switch it up once in a while (fades, tapers, different lengthcaesars), you'll probably want to go with the Master (though you can do it with the Oster... it'll be more difficult and expensive with the bladesyou'll have to buy)

As far as outliners; the standard is the Andis T Outliner (either I or II... the only difference is the guard blade). There is also another black outliner madeby Andis who's name slips my mind; apparently it runs cooler than the T-Outliner (heat WILL become an issue when you're lining yourself up).

Also, don't ditch the straight razor completely for shapeups. I use it after I use the outliner to get those microhairs that the outliner misses. Makeseverything look sharper.

Back
Top Bottom