Calling off work, how often do you guys do it?

well tomorrow im scheduled to work 1-6 meaning i'd miss the USA vs. england game, and i was thinkin about calling off, i just work at target but ive only been there for a few weeks, although i used to work there before (same exact store) and this would be literally my first day ever calling off.

so i was just wondering is it really a big deal calling off one day especially just a part time job, or does it all just depend on the people there?

i used to do it at least 2x a month before they cut our PTO down 
grin.gif

as long as you prove your worth.. youre pretty much free to do as you please 
laugh.gif

It really depends I guess, @ my work we get 6 days of sick time to take by calling in within a 365 day period and if you go one above that they put you back on probation. If you have the time and have never done it before I would say go for it.

way to often...

damn near once a month...

last time i did i told them i had car trouble and my boss came and picked me up cuz they were already down a person...
roll.gif

Never. I only miss days when I am on vacation or at the end of the year when I have weeks worth of sick days to use since I never call out.

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

way to often...

damn near once a month...

last time i did i told them i had car trouble and my boss came and picked me up cuz they were already down a person...
roll.gif
oh man, you were probably like "no dont do it, i also have a very severe fever and i'm contagious!"
roll.gif

I don't think i've ever done it unless it was a legitimate reason, and that's rare

my job is very flexible. i can show up when i want, leave when i want, work weekends if i want. its an awesome student job.

that being said, ive called in sick maybe once since the summer started, and i was actually sick. i only dont show up on weekends when theres a game but like i said weekends are optional anyways

I hardly do...

I have like 4-5 weeks of PTO...

Even when I take PTO I don't even put in for it I just don't go to work and they don't say nothing to me... seriously.

I've had my PTO maxed out for like 2 years now and I don't gain anymore and should take off, but I don't because it feels so weird not working to me on a workday.

If for vacation yeah I'll take off, but just to take off to take off without a reason I don't really do it.

I come in what time I please and leave what time I please too... be taking like 2-3 hour long lunched if I choose to sometimes.

I don't OD though that's why they never tell me nothing... I just stay on NT and in my office.

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

Originally Posted by rjt420

record the game if you have a decent job missing it isn't worth it

indifferent.gif
this
laugh.gif

like i said, its just target, and i already called off and the guy didnt seem to care at all, cant wait to watch that game
pimp.gif

In all my years of working I've only called out 1 time and that was because I was hung over beyond belief

Hardly ever.

Originally Posted by proper english

as long as you prove your worth.. youre pretty much free to do as you please 
laugh.gif

I can do no wrong.
roll.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom