Calling out from work...

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Originally Posted by do work son

has anyone ever called in and said " i just dont feel like coming in today. sorry for the short notice"
sort of...I've called and said I need to take care of personal business or "take a personal day"

Yeah I have a bunch of personal days saved up and just use those when needed, never have to really give a reason.

I use the food poisoning excuse every few months. No one ever bother swith thast one. Just stay home and play ps3. I never use the family emergency one because i'm sure Karma will come back on that one.

i just say im sick and not coming in. It basically just comes down to how reliable and how good of a worker you are. If they want to screw you over for doctors notes or just write you up or fire you for lame excuses they will do it.

I work from home for a company full time.

Hard as hell coming up with a good excuse to not "go" to work.

has anyone ever called in and said " i just dont feel like coming in today. sorry for the short notice"
sort of...I've called and said I need to take care of personal business or "take a personal day"

Pretty much. I try not to call out but when I do i'm honest. Like Dirty said, most of the time if I want to take my daughter somewhere i'll just call in and let them know that I wont be coming in today due to personal issues.

I have a co-worker who calls in and tells his boss that hes hungover LOL Then he cries whenever his department shows him no respect.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by solesavage

Pretty much. I try not to call out but when I do i'm honest. Like Dirty said, most of the time if I want to take my daughter somewhere i'll just call in and let them know that I wont be coming in today due to personal issues.

I have a co-worker who calls in and tells his boss that hes hungover LOL Then he cries whenever his department shows him no respect.
laugh.gif
i'm the same way myself.  my boss respects me, and i return the respect with honesty.  if i really dont feel like working, I will just tell him wsup and use a personal day.

cant believe you have a coworker who uses a hangover as a legit excuse, or that your boss lets him get away with it.
laugh.gif

i had a coworker do that one time, and it was pure comedy.  dude was dragging butt at work all day due to a killer hangover.  bossman happened to be out of the office most of the day.  at around 2p, coworker decided eff it, i cant do this anymore, im going home.  boss came back into the office about an hour later asking where the coworker was, i told him that he wasnt feeling well so he went home ( Ididnt mention the hangover, was just very vague about it).  boss calls up my coworker and asks him whats up.  coworker is honest and tells him that he just has a wicked hangover, and then drops this bomb "i feel so sick and wasnt able to do anything while there and felt i was doing a disservice to the company by being there."  dudes got some balls to be THAT brutally honest.  boss just about lost it.  we dont drugs test here, or anything like that.  from day 1, the company policy has always "your time/life is your business, but company time is company business.  dont let your personal time/life get in the way of your work responsibilities".  luckily dude didnt get fired (well not for that).

Originally Posted by papageorgeo510

I didn't call in for work yesterday. I simply didn't go to work. lmao

depending on your employer, they are probably now your former employer

I always call out super early in the morning. Like right when I wake up, that way I sound all groggy and discombobulated.

Originally Posted by Jaw Knee C

Yup. Boss was like good....take a day off, you need those every once in a while. Or I just won't show up at all. I'm the manager and my boss is 800 miles away so no one looks for me.
Michael Scott
roll.gif

I've tried calling in and saying my brother has my car and is taking longer than expected. Manager dead %@! sent someone to pick me up.
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

food poisoning is always a winner... depending upon how cool your boss is... keep it 100... say you need a day and if you came in today you wouldnt be as productive as usual.
smokin.gif

This dude I use to work with worked 8 hours before getting fired after asking for a short notice day off & no showing the day after his emergency day off... Lolol. Funny thing is I saw dude the night before kicking it with people I know & was like," you understand that your working tmr right...", homie was trying to shrug it off like it was optional. Next morning I get a call from my manager heated lol

I go to work if possible but I use school work needing to be done & food poisoning if needed

Originally Posted by Julian Wright

I've tried calling in and saying my brother has my car and is taking longer than expected. Manager dead %@! sent someone to pick me up.
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

damn
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Julian Wright

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Horrible excuse if you from a major city like NYC public transportation is always running they never care

Originally Posted by go rilla

Yeah true, I just didn't felt like working yesterday. And I've been doing for two years. lmao 

Originally Posted by go rilla

Yeah true, I just didn't felt like working yesterday. And I've been doing for two years. lmao 

As long as I find coverage, i don't need to give a reason....God Bless Perdiems!...now I can be on my deathbed and it would be pretty !+!%#! to leave my coworker running the whole hospital alone at night, being that we are only two therapists per nightshift...for the most part I always find coverage.

Back
Top Bottom