Cam'ron - Oh Boy...how did Just Blaze do this?

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Just absolutely snapped on this beat...never ceases to amaze me...the intricacy and crazy sounds and marimba xylophone ##*@ and chimes and damn it's crazy

I guess make this an appreciation post because this is one of the greatest songs of all time any genre

MusicalExcellence wrote:
i still cant believe he was gonna throw the beat away...

nerd.gif
...really? Im surprised because when I ask some acquaintances aboutCam'ron that dont listen to him, they always say "isnt that the guy that had the Oh Boy song?"

-J23C

yea it was in xxl or source back when the song first came out... i used to read every hip hop mag religiously...

laugh.gif
@ how Cam straightdeleted Hov's verse that was intended for the remix...

Song was the issh when it dropped...
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by BLADE BR0WN

laugh.gif
@ how Cam straight deleted Hov's verse that was intended for the remix...

roll.gif
Wow.

OH Boy was tough though. That song was the epitome of 2002.

Originally Posted by BLADE BR0WN

laugh.gif
@ how Cam straight deleted Hov's verse that was intended for the remix...

Song was the issh when it dropped...
pimp.gif
Honestly, I dont believe that +!$. But He let Baby rap on the Oh girl remix. I mean Hov having a worse verse than BABY?

ohwell.gif
It was aiiiiight, the R.O.C. (Just fire) was way better to me

One of the best songs ever of any genre
laugh.gif
, I wouldn't go THAT far

laugh.gif

It's a really good song but I never saw this beat as something that amazing. With the heat Just be making I'm not surprised he was gonna throw it away.

For Just Blaze standards? That beat is garbage. Cam made that song catchy and decent IMO. I didn't even know Just produced that initially. I consider thata garbage beat.

Honestly, I dont believe that +!$. But He let Baby rap on the Oh girl remix. I mean Hov having a worse verse than BABY?

If I'm not mistaking, that "Oh Girl" track with Jones, Baby, and Wayne�was the UnofficialRemix to "Oh Boy"... just somethin' they put out for the streets... I could be wrong tho...

The official remix joint was indeed intended for Hov... but that fell through...

Then Mariah came out with the "reply song" to "Oh Boy" and threw Cam on there since she was in love wit the song...

And I've heard this rumors spinning around for years...

But when Mariah peformed that song ^^^�at the 2003 All-Star Game for MJ, Cam was originally scheduled to perform with Mariah...

But David Stern supposedly told the production team to cut Cam out of the performance...
laugh.gif

I'm not too sure on how true this is, but I was told this is what happened back in '03...

Cam...
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by rocyaice

For Just Blaze standards? That beat is garbage. Cam made that song catchy and decent IMO. I didn't even know Just produced that initially. I consider that a garbage beat.

Yea.

J blaze stole that beat from a underground producer ... My producer was there when he made it.... He shopped it around. .... Just B heard it and slightlyaltered it and we have the hottest joint of 02...He couldn't say nothing cuz it's a sample....

Originally Posted by devildog1776

J blaze stole that beat from a underground producer ... My producer was there when he made it.... He shopped it around. .... Just B heard it and slightly altered it and we have the hottest joint of 02...He couldn't say nothing cuz it's a sample....

roll.gif

Originally Posted by devildog1776

J blaze stole that beat from a underground producer ... My producer was there when he made it.... He shopped it around. .... Just B heard it and slightly altered it and we have the hottest joint of 02...He couldn't say nothing cuz it's a sample....
too bad we dont believe you...

I wouldn't say it's the greatest song of all time, any genre, but it's a pretty good song. When it comes to sampling, Just blaze is a monster!

Such a great track from Cam. Just Blaze just doing what he does, making some dope beats. Wasn't this beat originally for Jay-Z? And Cam had took the Oh Boybeat because Jay took the H to the Izzo beat? Or something like that?

Back
Top Bottom